Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Im studying at lcc which is a bit of a mission, anybody else? I am really angry about it as i did not choose it. But its what i have so Im thinking positive. I have looked around and it is really nice the staff are friendly. I am excited. It will be what you make it.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I will be traveling to LCC whilst living in Emily Bowes. I also didn't choose it and it was the only place that had vacancies but I suppose its upto us to make halls life fun! Do you know which room you are in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceannevictoria)
    Hi Im studying at lcc which is a bit of a mission, anybody else? I am really angry about it as i did not choose it. But its what i have so Im thinking positive. I have looked around and it is really nice the staff are friendly. I am excited. It will be what you make it.
    I'm in the same boat. I'll be at Emily Bowes and going to LCC. Not one of my choice either...

ReputationRep:
    hey i was just wondering, do any of you know how safe is the area? is there anything interesting around or something? just want to know how is everything around. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!
    I am starting in LCF this september, and well I hve paid the deposit and confirmed my accommodation at Emily. I am an international student, so of course I didnt actually go and check the place out. then I met this girl, who will be joining LCF with me, she said that she heard emily is not that good, and the staff is not competent and the area isnt good either, so I am confused as hell, shld I cancel my accommodation or not....
    can some one plz tell me how is the place in general. I dnt mind if it is too quite or something, I live in a suburban- ish area so used to hearing the crickets at night. but is the accommodation good and the ppl helpful and stuff. 'cause I will need help, first time visiting London...

plz help!

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, is anyone going to be in D401?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyinpink71)
    hey i was just wondering, do any of you know how safe is the area? is there anything interesting around or something? just want to know how is everything around. thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dIsQ...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VezzyP)
    Hi there, is anyone going to be in D401?
    No, but I'm in D405 which I presume is quite close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbzIbrahim)
    Same here, I will be traveling to LCC whilst living in Emily Bowes. I also didn't choose it and it was the only place that had vacancies but I suppose its upto us to make halls life fun! Do you know which room you are in?
    (Original post by R.J.B.95)
    I'm in the same boat. I'll be at Emily Bowes and going to LCC. Not one of my choice either...
    I'll be studying at LCC as well and living in Emily Bowes, wasn't my choice either

I'm in B204 - anyone heading to LCC feel free to send me an email on <removed> and we can chat and add each other Facebook and all that stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I keep hearing mixed messages about the halls.
    Nothing I can do about it now, it'll still be good.
    I'm at LCF, it is a while away from my campus :/

I'm in C805

ReputationRep:
    it'll be fine, it's normal to be travelling in london to get to where you want, i know people who have a 3 hour trip each day to and from work in london.

ReputationRep:
    B304 anybody???

ReputationRep:
    i am a student study at lcc,
    and lived in emily bowes court,
    i want to know some friends~
    contact me~!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I live at Emily Bowes and I can tell you it has been a nightmare. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I have been here 2 years and it has got worse with rats. We also had ongoing plumbing issues in the whole building. I wouldn't recommend Emily Bowes. They are expensive too. Studios at £255 per week and rooms at £185 per week. Shop around. The going rate for flats in this area is £180 per week and even with bills to pay it is still cheaper when you compare what you are getting. I'm not rebooking . It is a big no.

ReputationRep:
    I would not recommend Emily Bowes to anybody. There are rats here and we have had extensive plumbing problems here. We were paid compensation for having no hot water but Unite put up our rent to cover the loss. Studios at £255 per week and rooms at £185 per week. Too expensive when the going rate for a one bed flat in this area is around £180 per week. Do your homework before applying. For anyone applying here, bear in mind there is a lot of things the staff do not tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by li_yin)
    I keep hearing mixed messages about the halls.
    Nothing I can do about it now, it'll still be good.
    I'm at LCF, it is a while away from my campus :/

I'm in C805
    How long have you been here? I have been here 2 years and it has been a nightmare. What with the rats downstairs.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I stayed in emily bowes for 2 years as a part time masters student. All residents had a lot of problems with plumbing and hot water which went on for qite a long time. All flats had to have new boilers fitted. We were compensated but i would not recommend emily bowes to anyone. I had a studio flat which was very nice and spacious but at £250 per week it was not value for money. Very convenient location though. Beware!! Tottenham is a muggers paradise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariansmith1)
    Hi. I live at Emily Bowes and I can tell you it has been a nightmare. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I have been here 2 years and it has got worse with rats.
    I would not recommend Emily Bowes to anybody. There are rats here and we have had extensive plumbing problems here.
    How long have you been here? I have been here 2 years and it has been a nightmare. What with the rats downstairs.
    I'm here for four days now, and I just realized (woken up at three in the morning) that there is a rat running around my room! What a shame. I reported this to the front desk and they called some people who said will come tomorrow to solve the problem! No sleep last night and I guess no sleep tonight!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 27, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.