Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received a "HEI BURSARY PAYMT" today, but I don't attend any university. I'm a part time student at the Open University, doing a short 5 month 30 points course, and I got a £265 bursary from them a few months ago, but I don't know why I have this one - especially as it's £875 and it makes no mention of it on the website.

Anyone know if I have a legit reason for receiving this or have they made a mistake and make me give it back?

ReputationRep:
    Shhh spend it quick

ReputationRep:
    nah, must stand for Higer Education something...your part time so its not much, I'm sure it's fine.

Ring up and check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adalira)
    I received a "HEI BURSARY PAYMT" today, but I don't attend any university. I'm a part time student at the Open University, doing a short 5 month 30 points course, and I got a £265 bursary from them a few months ago, but I don't know why I have this one - especially as it's £875 and it makes no mention of it on the website.

Anyone know if I have a legit reason for receiving this or have they made a mistake and make me give it back?
    P.S. the open university...what is it exactly, I was maybe thinking of doing a course there. Is is studying online from home or what?

Take it all out and flee to Mexico!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    P.S. the open university...what is it exactly, I was maybe thinking of doing a course there. Is is studying online from home or what?
    Open University is an institution that offers part time and full time distance degrees. You can do short 10 point courses up to full degrees, lasting from two months to years. If you fulfill the right criteria you could complete an entire degree full of charge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adalira)
    Open University is an institution that offers part time and full time distance degrees. You can do short 10 point courses up to full degrees, lasting from two months to years. If you fulfill the right criteria you could complete an entire degree full of charge.
    free of charge did you mean?

And what about recognition?

Can you do A-levels on it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaah I meant free of charge xD. It's nationally recognised, not sure how well it's regarded compared to degrees from traditional universities. No you can't do A levels, it's higher education level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.