Turn on thread page Beta

What's the most embarassing thing you've done in front of someone you like? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Slipped rohypnol into her drink

There was an awkward moment when she saw me do it right in front of her eyes...

ReputationRep:
    licked sick. in front of her. needless to say we never went out.

Mine may not sound so bad, but it felts awfully embarrassing at the time. It was in a class in uni, we were just 5 or 6 people that day. We all had to gather around a table for discussion. The topic was something philosophical I guess. And that is when the teacher asked to me: do you think that you are beautiful? It may sound silly, but try answering that standing next to a person you secretly just like so much.

ReputationRep:
    Got so nervous I blurted out and said that I loved her. Have I learned from this experience though

ReputationRep:
    I went riding with some mates and we went to the jumps near the village. There are a few girls in the village, and those who ride and some who don't come with as its now a general meeting, banter place.

Anyway, I hit the jumps, and at about the fourth through I noticed the girl I like was with the girl group sitting on the side of the pit. So I started trying to do bigger jumps, tricks and generally showing off.

I finished off the jumps, biked over towards them and just as I got to about four feet away from her (was playing chicken), I caught my foot between the crank arm, swing arm and wheel. Full on flew forward, headbutted her whilst I was wearing a full-face helmet and bust her nose.

To be honest, there are fewer ways of appearing as such a colossal ****ing idiot...

Still, we ended up dating for a few months, partly on the basis that it was such a funny (yet mentally (for me) ****ed up) way of starting a relationship. We still do laugh about it, so its all good. But yeah, at the time, I literally felt as if I'd just committed the most unspeakable act...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wulf chan)
    got drunk and apparently tried to attack her? someone had to pin me down, apparently. :sad:
    Woah dude, the title says 'embarrassing' not 'rapey'...

I am not sure if this counts but here it is anyway:

It was a high school reunion and a girl I really liked was heavily coming on to me, in front of her friends and all. I however was too thick in the head to pick up on it (thinking back on it, I was acting like I was staring at a freight train speeding towards me and doing nothing to get off the track- it was that obvious). With this I embarrassed my self with my complete and utter stupidity as well as her by not picking up on her blatantly obvious signals.

ReputationRep:
    queefed

ReputationRep:
    who gives a ****?

ReputationRep:
    Stood silent when expected to talk, tried to barge in on a conversation uninvited and just sat there, dropped my sunglasses which then broke, pulled a hissy fit (okay not right in front of her but near enough for her to hear), etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well my halls are quite fancy so we have formal dinners from time to time, the first one I went to I saw him sat on another table and we were doing the whole eye contact thing which carried on into the bar after the meal. I decided to get a bit drunk for no apparent reason and while he was staring straight at me, I somehow managed to spill red wine all over my face/ white dress. The small-ish bar went pretty quiet and all my friends just burst out laughing at me. Managed to ruin an expensive dress too

The second formal dinner I saw him was slightly more successful, I bumped into him and his rah friends at the union (it was st patrick's day) and we ended up all stood together dancing to Tragedy by Steps and I ended up doing the whole routine in front of him. Sigh. He still came up and put his arm around me etc (we've never really spoken, just exchanged silent glances) and I just completely froze up so he moved away. Clearly thought I wasn't interested when I'm just shy. So yeah, everytime I see him I just keep embarrassing myself in some way or another. The first incident's the most embarrassing though, by far.

ReputationRep:
    oh man... I could write a book on this question..

ReputationRep:
    Driving on a one way street, I was driving and all the car was passing me by. :facepalm:
    I swear, everytime I'm with him I get so distracted that when he told me to make a u-turn on the first block I did right turn instead. I felt stupid that time.

i have a very rare form of tourettes and i accidently took my t-shirt off and started dancing like a chicken

ReputationRep:
    Gotten rejected :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapnHooch)
    We both spotted a seagull and I shouted "Pigeon!!" as loud as I could.
    She bullies me to this day...
    Serves you right for forgetting rule number 3 of the man guide: Always know the name of the bird.

ReputationRep:
    Slipped and fell on our first date; farted; drooled on the pillow... I was always doing embarrassing things but he didn't mind. He usually kissed away my embarrassment. Except for when I farted :/

ReputationRep:
    after we had sex for the first time i blurted out 'i love you. you make me wanna listen to boys to men when i'm with you."

ReputationRep:
    Cut her throat, then buried her under my flowerbed.

ReputationRep:
    There was one time in my entire high school life that he sat at the same table as me in our school canteen. So I was joking around with the others at the table, trying to play it cool. I took a spoonful of my rice and somehow (and I still have no idea how) I MISSED my mouth. It looked like I had intentionally chucked a spoon of rice on my sweater, and it was sooo embarrassing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.