Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If your parents collectively earn an amount higher than the lowest pay band on Student Finance then you aren't entitled to the largest loan/grant. This makes perfect sense, but what if your parents are severely in debt despite their earnings and therefore unable to support you?

Are you entitled to anything else or is it a case of tough sh*t?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be entitled to the maintenance loan, other than that, it probably is a case of tough sh*t, sorry mate is there no way you can work a bit at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I thought as much I do want a job while I'm there but worry I won't get one (with the cr*p job market situation).

Do you think it would help if I applied for a scholarship & mentioned the financial situation?

ReputationRep:
    It might do, how much grant are you expecting to recieve and where are you going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    I can't keep this anon so don't really want to say the amount I'm supposed to be getting! University for the Creative Arts, Epsom campus.

ReputationRep:
    well nobody's gonna go hunting you down if you give an approximation xD will you be staying in halls or at home?

ReputationRep:
    Halls, I live a long distance away but the place just felt right. You never know!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.