Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tattoo-ing your g'friend/boyfriend's name.... watch

ReputationRep:
    Somehow, I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    never. and i'd never get my own name either, that's just being forgetful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmi_lou)
    never tattoo the name of a gf or bf, not even a husband or wife.... no relationship is every guaranteed to last

the only names i've ever get tattooed are my children's names but even then i might not t be honest, you don't need a tatt to show you love your kids (by the way i don't have any kids, this is just my opinion)
    'No relationship is ever guaranteed to last?'

You're optimistic aren't you? You must have had some pretty failed relationships.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it, it's stupid and causes problems, as you've mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    No, never. I can't imagine me getting a tattoo full stop actually, but a partner's name is just stupid. Say you do stay together forever, what does that tattoo mean that a wedding ring doesn't? And lets be honest, chances are you'll probably break up and then you'll either have to spend a lot of money having it changed/removed or you'll just have to try and hide it from future partners!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry.C)
    I got "morrisey" tattooed on my body.
    hope it was spelt correctly

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tattoo anyone's name on my body, and if my bf had their ex's name tattooed on them I wouldnt like it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    no I'd never get a tattoo of anybody's name on me. I'd never get a tattoo at ALL. I want to remain as nature intended me thanks (with my ears pierced and dyed hair haha. Yeh hypocrite lol. But seriously, the hair dye isn't forever, and even ear holes heal up if you leave them. A tattoo is pretty permanent unless you've got thousands of pounds to remove it, which I don't. I'm far too fickle about appearance to want something like a tattoo. I'd get it, then regret it).

ReputationRep:
    I guess a guy could get "Mrs X" tattooed on himself :awesome:

E.g. Mrs Smith

Then it refers to his current wife and any future wives - it's foolproof!

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    my mummy's girlfriend has karen (her ex) written in huge letters on her leg.

she's now modifying it to say sharon (mummy's name).

STUPID IDEA.

ReputationRep:
    Having ANY tattoo is a tragic decision. But that of a partner's name is the ultimate disaster.

I know someone who is happily married with children. He has all of his children's name tattooed on him (sad, I know), but not his wife's. When I asked why he said, "they'll always be my children, but she might not always be my wife"..

I like tattoos though in the sense that they point out people who are pretty sad.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd do it. Tattoos are all really awful, not just people's names.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never get a boyfriends/girlfriends name tattooed on me. I do have my best friends's initial tattooed on me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffled_mathman)
    Having ANY tattoo is a tragic decision. But that of a partner's name is the ultimate disaster.

I know someone who is happily married with children. He has all of his children's name tattooed on him (sad, I know), but not his wife's. When I asked why he said, "they'll always be my children, but she might not always be my wife"..

I like tattoos though in the sense that they point out people who are pretty sad.
    Pretty ignorant opinion,

ReputationRep:
    Tacky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dec S 92)
    Pretty ignorant opinion,
    No, it isn't. It's just that you're tattooed so you won't agree, but it's far from "ignorant".

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to tattoo my name on this girl I like....

WILL YOU LOVE ME THEN?! WILL YOU!? Try escaping me now....:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Never, even though he's the love of my life. But I don't want tattoos in general, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelbones)
    Tattooing ANYONE's name onto your body is a really, really bad idea.
    Except for your children's names perhaps, if you have any.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even do that if I was married.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.