Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tattoo-ing your g'friend/boyfriend's name.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    definately dont do it. my friend had her boyfriend of 2 years tattooed on her wrist, fortunately she had an image tattooed over it. he still has her name in massive writing across his arm which he can never get rid of..

ReputationRep:
    I would never do it and I would advise not to. However, my friend tattoed the nickname she calls her boyfriend on her ninni; yes, she showed me. I hope, for her sake that the relationship lasts forever even though I know it wont; they're only 18

ReputationRep:
    Dear god no :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    BAD idea.

Though if you did break up you could do this:
    http://www.checkoutmyink.com/assets/...jpg?1205889211

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    my friend tattoed the nickname she calls her boyfriend on her ninni
    Hopefully it's something generic like "snuggle bunny" instead of something super specific like, "Stevie". :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Hopefully it's something generic like "snuggle bunny" instead of something super specific like, "Stevie". :erm:
    Lol. It's quite specific... :/

ReputationRep:
    No way, Jose.

ReputationRep:
    A Partner? No. Way. In. Hell. It doesn't matter how much I love him, as many has said, it's still not guarenteed to last.

Recently though, I have been thinking a lot about ,when I had children, getting thier names done on my wrist. Although, it would look awful when I'm 70 ,so I'm not really sure- I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Never never do that. Only get blood relatives tattooed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Never never do that. Only get blood relatives tattooed.
    Even then you don't know if you'll have a massive falling out later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Even then you don't know if you'll have a massive falling out later on.
    Something would have had to go pretty damn wrong to regret getting your parents/kids name tattooed on you though. With relationships it's partially expected, if you became estranged from your own family you'd probably have bigger things to worry about than your tattoo!

ReputationRep:
    Terrible idea.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.