Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A long way to go, no way near ready yet

ReputationRep:
    Maths: Done notes, and started on past papers (except I still don't understand chapter 10 of C2)
    English Lit: Written four essays, made four pages of notes. Still need to go back over the texts.
    French/German: Typed out lots of vocab, practiced speaking 15 minutes per day for each language, but I really need to get a move on with actually learning topic-related vocab/planning essays/indeed doing more speaking.

So, off I go now I guess!

ReputationRep:
    I know I should be pretty much prepared for all my exams by now... but I'm not. I've got four AS exams and a GCSE to take... Should be fun xD

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing S2? I haven't finished learning the course yet :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lampshade1)
    I am literally exactly the same!!!! except I'm doing the European Reformation in History along with Stalin....:P
    Hey cool, you live in York But you don't go to my 6th form because we don't do European history (dammit!). Is it better than Russian? Don't you think that History has about three times the workload of any other subject! Through the year it was an essay here, essay there and now...gads!

ReputationRep:
    German oral - Know about half my presentation...
    Economics - About half way there...
    Geography - Nothing.
    English Literature - Nothing.
    German l/r/w - Nothing...

Whoops. xD
    I also have an unreal amount of homework to do over the holiday and it's basically consuming all my time.

ReputationRep:
    I have five exams, and I've been revising loads over the holidays. I have two in maths - S1 and C2, I've almost finished, just need to make sure I can really do normal distribution and differentiation questions every time I get them :/.
    Biology, I've covered every chapter again, done the past papers and made notes on the mark scheme. I just haven't done two tiny chapters at all, we had a teacher who talked about George and the Dragon and cake instead of teaching us biology ¬¬.
    Also, history, I've basically learnt the textbook, just need to do some practice papers. And finally english lit., I've reread my two novels, and also done mind maps on themes so far, I'm so worried about it though

ReputationRep:
    Grades I can achieve so far if I take my exams right now:
    Maths (M1,C2) - B
    Physics - D
    Economics - B
    History - U

ReputationRep:
    I'm in second year but doing one AS which is Film Studies. And I'm doing 2 BTECS.
    Also, I don't revise. I can't. It's true. I envy those who can. It's like watching a person eat their burger without being messy and here I am with all mayo and salad everywhere! IT'S HAVOK!

ReputationRep:
    All i can say is that it's not going so well

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I'm getting there with Maths and Physics, past papers are a lot easier now than when I first started. There's just so much to learn for History though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinaberry)
    Hey cool, you live in York But you don't go to my 6th form because we don't do European history (dammit!). Is it better than Russian? Don't you think that History has about three times the workload of any other subject! Through the year it was an essay here, essay there and now...gads!
    Well no aha but nearish :P and yeah, I prefer it so much more! As I have a general interest in religion etc anyway. Yes! I totally agree, swear all I've been doing these holidays is history...and I've still not got through it all!!!

ReputationRep:
    Currently Studying 4 AS + General studies, so 8 exams in total this summer:

Law Unit 2: Pretty much covered everything, largely down to amazing teachers, now to just do exam practice

Biology Unit 2: Read through 2 revision guides about 2/3 times now, just need to cement it all in my head and exam papers

Philosophy + Ethics: Got mindmaps done for each section, still got some stuff to learn in class, and to actually learn the mindmaps....and then to finally do practice exams. Not my favourite subject simply because we learn nothing in class.

History (Russia in Turmoil): Mindmapped everything, learning through it, exam papers done/doing just re doing

History (Tudor Rebellions Source Paper): Done my second source paper, only way to succeed really is to do the actual papers for this i think, but considering my exams are just over 3 weeks away....ahh!

Overall im mildly prepared but still a lot to do and just feel like im not doing enough!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    yessss what board? Edexcel?
    It's sooo hard :\, we just finished the syllabus before easter it's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I've made notes on all of Chemistry and just over half of Biology
    although maths i'm not worried about, and english lit i'm only concerned with the poems as i feel i know the novel well enough anyway (being i got an A on that part of the mock) and psychology... well i'm just ignoring that i take that

ReputationRep:
    You doing Edexcel I started on it today don't have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    You doing Edexcel I started on it today don't have a clue.
    (Original post by ad2010)
    yessss what board? Edexcel?
    It's sooo hard :\, we just finished the syllabus before easter it's ridiculous.
    Yep Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    Yep Edexcel.
    How long u reckon it should take to cover the book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    How long u reckon it should take to cover the book?
    I probably have a different book to you, but the first 3 chapters are easy and should be quick and the other one (hypothesis testing) is the one I don't understand

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaahhh!!!!

just done the january 2011 biology past paper and got a frikin E!!!!!

n im findin it so difficult to revise, geting distracted!! this bloody TSR

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.