Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    I probably have a different book to you, but the first 3 chapters are easy and should be quick and the other one (hypothesis testing) is the one I don't understand

(Original post by MoMatrix)
    How long u reckon it should take to cover the book?
    I don't like continuous random variable, normal approximations and hypothesis testing, I'm alright with the rest of them. But S2 is on the same day as C2 so :\. Binomial and Poisson are okay though, I think it'll take about a week to cover everything properly forr me. Have you started past papers?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

I just started. Biology exam on 16th May.

I regret coming across TSR at times. I regret coming across the internet sometimes :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taunt)
    aaaaaahhh!!!!

just done the january 2011 biology past paper and got a frikin E!!!!!

n im findin it so difficult to revise, geting distracted!! this bloody TSR
    Eurgh, I got an E in my january chemistry unit :/ I did some past papers and it seems easier now I've gone over some things again, but even so, I'm supposed to get an A in chemistry! (impossible).

ReputationRep:
    Got solid notes for all my subjects, now just condensing down
    History - done 2/3 books
    sociology - covered family
    Media - awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expendable)
    Yeah we've been told we have to do it for Section B so we don't have to study as many of the poems I think. Apparently for Section B you only need to write on 2 each in the exam? So a major/minor for each poet and then the novel. I have a lot of notes for Gatsby/Auden anyway that I can hopefully upload later, which may be useful.

Have you done any mocks for English yet? We've only done Section A ones (with a section B question for homework). The only problem, I think, is that it's pretty tight on timing.

Haha thanks, and nice what did you do your coursework on? We did Othello & Death of a Salesman [I'm so bored of American Dream related novels now ].

You're doing Psychology too? What exam board's that on?
    Wanna exchange some o what is that sound notes? Helps me revise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollyjg)
    Got solid notes for all my subjects, now just condensing down
    History - done 2/3 books
    sociology - covered family
    Media - awful
    Are you re-writing the notes or are you just going over them and doing past papers?

ReputationRep:
    FP1- Revision done, just need to hit past papers. Same for C2 and D1.

Just need to revise S1, and history now.

ReputationRep:
    are past papers that important as a revision tool? I've got under 3 weeks till my first exam of 8. Will doing past papers now till my first exam be benificial?

ReputationRep:
    I've got 11 exams and I've actually done NO revision. **** MY LIFE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ju1c)
    Are you re-writing the notes or are you just going over them and doing past papers?
    From my main notes I make a revision set, then Mind maps

ReputationRep:
    Not even revised half of anything yet! Perhaps most far forward with Spanish and least with English. Concentrating on Spanish since I have my oral on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Not even revised half of anything yet! Perhaps most far forward with Spanish and least with English. Concentrating on Spanish since I have my oral on Thursday
    I have my oral on wednesday ! ahhh!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an A2 student fast-tracking Modern World History (I haven't done it before, I'm not resitting a year). I'm quite far into revision. Feeling comfortable with essays etc.
    The best advice I can give to AS students is to revise hard and get the highest UMS possible - it makes getting final grades SO MUCH EASIER!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have my French oral on Wednesday!
    I'm doing some revision. We had a little practise thing on Thursday...you never realise how much you use the word "stuff" until you realise you can't put a sentence together without it in a foreign language
    ah j'exaggere...mais j'ai besoin de manger un dictionnaire ou deux entre maintenant et mercredi...sinon, pauvre chinaberry, qui va pleurer dans son examin...I know no topic specific vocab! Ug! I don't want to spend two minutes talking about adverts...good thing is I can reuse all my (nauseatingly self righteous: children must not watch TV, adverts are bad, man muss eat 20 fruit and veg a day because man just muss...) arguments in my German oral, a week later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lampshade1)
    I have my oral on wednesday ! ahhh!
    oralll on tuesday :\ spanish tooooo! what board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad2010)
    oralll on tuesday :\ spanish tooooo! what board?
    AQA, you?

ReputationRep:
    Completed all my notes today. Now I'm just gonna keep on re-reading them until its all properly sunk in.

ReputationRep:
    Been revising for my Spanish orals for the past five days, only got Spanish and English Lit to do as my other AS-Levels have finished

Is it just me or were GCSE orals waaaaaaaaaaay easier to revise for? :/

Any Spanish amigos here? How long have you guys revised your oral notes?

ReputationRep:
    Done nearly 3/4 of Geography, nearly ready with Maths, nearly ready for French, but got loads to do with Classics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    I've got 11 exams and I've actually done NO revision. **** MY LIFE.
    Seriously start revising! it's not too late :cookie:

I know what it's like having to retake stuff in A2 and its not fun!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.