Chemistry Unit 1 (Edexcel)
    Chemistry Unit 2 (Edexcel)
    Chemistry Unit 4 (Edexcel)
    Chemistry Unit 5 (Edexcel)
    Biology Unit 2 (AQA)
    Biology Unit 5 (AQA)
    Statistics 1 (Edexcel)
    Business Unit 2 (AQA

Started all the notes Mid-Feb and have finished them all except Biology unit 5 (im half way)
    Hoping to just bang out loads of past papers this Easter holidays.
    Im pretty nervous about Chemistry!!
    hahaha!! this is just hilarious good luck lol. I'm assuming you're year 13 not 12?

I'm doing 5 subjects. and 8 exams.
    finished bio revision (mostly) cramming during easter chem/phys/maths lol I'm so behind on my revision timetable, and I'm sat on this forum chillin' 8-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timkench)
    yeah OCR ah fair enough, did you put critical analysis stuff in though? yeah im jealous, I wanted that one! hoping for A Terre or Apologia though

tbh im more worried about maths A2 exams
    I was really hoping for one of them, can't say I was a fan of Insensibility :/
    & after doing an amazing essay for poetry, Gatsby was all downhill from there really.. I wittered on and on, forgot to put quotes in, forgot to tell the examiner which bit of the text I was referring to, I think I only made about two pages before giving up. I think the only reason I got a good mark on both essays was because it was a "to what extent does X show this" question and I went the route of saying "X doesn't show that at all!"
    I'm really worried about coursework though, it's something i've always done badly on. I'm supposed to be writing it right now :rolleyes:
    I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osman1993)
    hahaha!! this is just hilarious good luck lol. I'm assuming you're year 13 not 12?

I'm doing 5 subjects. and 8 exams.
    finished bio revision (mostly) cramming during easter chem/phys/maths lol I'm so behind on my revision timetable, and I'm sat on this forum chillin' 8-)
    Lol yeah im year 13 as you can tell i pretty much suck in chemistry lool.
    hats off to you for doing 5 subjects though!!

ReputationRep:
    I have 6 exams in June. So far I've done none. Whooooooops. I'm gonna start tonight, I say, probably won't in reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Biology (OCR): I'm getting through the content, slowly. I've made notes on 17/101 sub-sections.

101 subsections?! How have you got that many?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa93)
    Lol yeah im year 13 as you can tell i pretty much suck in chemistry lool.
    hats off to you for doing 5 subjects though!!
    lol me too! Im resitting unit 1 -- thought I'd ace it without revision how wrong was i lol
    and thanks

ReputationRep:
    11 exams in may... i know all of biology to some extent (ha) but i know nucleic acids, enzymes and biodiversity/speciation very well...

I've learnt and can apply the majority of the formulas i'll need in core 2 maths, +logs and indices
    I can't remember much at all of core 1, and still can't believe i crashed and burned so hard in the exam...

Chemistry i've done bits as i go along, finally learnt titration calculations and yeah, i'm not far into this one.

Spanish, i've written answers to all of my oral questions but i haven't learnt them yet...

Japanese - HAHAHA this one will be written off, unless i suddenly find a week of free time or something.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Jellybeany)
    101 subsections?! How have you got that many?
    I'm taking F211 (36 sub-sections) and F212 (65 sub-sections) in June: 101!

Crazy, I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    I'm taking F211 (36 sub-sections) and F212 (65 sub-sections) in June: 101!

Crazy, I know.
    Im taking those exams tooo

I still dont understand how youve got so many sub-sections

Doing xylem and phloem atm... Fun times!

How are you revising for it? Just making notes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osman1993)
    lol me too! Im resitting unit 1 -- thought I'd ace it without revision how wrong was i lol
    and thanks
    first time i did unit 1 - U
    2nd time - U
    3rd time - C
    4th time - Hopefully a high B LOOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliewho)
    I was really hoping for one of them, can't say I was a fan of Insensibility :/
    & after doing an amazing essay for poetry, Gatsby was all downhill from there really.. I wittered on and on, forgot to put quotes in, forgot to tell the examiner which bit of the text I was referring to, I think I only made about two pages before giving up. I think the only reason I got a good mark on both essays was because it was a "to what extent does X show this" question and I went the route of saying "X doesn't show that at all!"
    I'm really worried about coursework though, it's something i've always done badly on. I'm supposed to be writing it right now :rolleyes:
    I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck
    cant even imagine getting something like the last laugh/arms and the boy haha, if they did that....

ahh well you got an A so there must have been something right in gatsby! poetry is so much easier i think so you do your course almost backwards? exam first then coursework? Ahhhh i much prefer coursework, got full marks in it which is good, what texts are you doing for it?

ReputationRep:
    I have 10 exams in May and only started properly revising last week. I think with maths and physics it's just a case of doing past papers and making sure I get my exam technique right. I have so much to learn for history though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisa93)
    first time i did unit 1 - U
    2nd time - U
    3rd time - C
    4th time - Hopefully a high B LOOOL
    I'm resitting unit 1 too. Got a C in january.

ReputationRep:
    I have 13 exams from 5 subjects (stupid double maths with its 7 exams) - lots of people seem to be finishing their exams before half term, yet I have 6 of my 13 exams after half term, going on to the 22nd of June, which spreads out my revision priorities somewhat
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Jellybeany)
    Im taking those exams tooo

I still dont understand how youve got so many sub-sections

Doing xylem and phloem atm... Fun times!

How are you revising for it? Just making notes?
    Have you got the OCR textbooks? I'm basing those numbers on the index page.

Currently I'm going through the textbook making notes. At the end of each module I'm doing my school's set questions. Once I've done a whole unit I'll do some past papers.

27/36 and 0/65 so far. Slightly worrying!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Uuumm.. haven't started yet..

Going to start on saturday

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from holiday. Starting revision tomorrow. Already done a bit of Philosophy and Ethics and a bit of Spanish. That makes me sound more organised than I feel so I'll keep saying it Finishing off a piece of coursework today and emailing it to my teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timkench)
    cant even imagine getting something like the last laugh/arms and the boy haha, if they did that....

ahh well you got an A so there must have been something right in gatsby! poetry is so much easier i think so you do your course almost backwards? exam first then coursework? Ahhhh i much prefer coursework, got full marks in it which is good, what texts are you doing for it?
    I actually thought i'd been given a pair when I first opened it, then realised I was on a different author..
    We did our course backwards so everyone had two chances at the exam, because it's worth more, and because they can't mark coursework, people were handing in bad essays and then doing the same thing in the exam. The results have so far come out so much better this year, so somethings got to be working
    I'm doing Enduring Love and The Collector for my comparative essay, and then Tony Harrison for my clos analysis.. both boring

ReputationRep:
    I have written down about 10 dates for history. That is it. I am going to do more though, I'm starting revision from today onwards! I have 4 exams in Summer but I have a drama practical as well which is taking up loads of my time after school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Have you got the OCR textbooks? I'm basing those numbers on the index page.

Currently I'm going through the textbook making notes. At the end of each module I'm doing my school's set questions. Once I've done a whole unit I'll do some past papers.

27/36 and 0/65 so far. Slightly worrying!

How about you?
    Ive made all of my notes. Yess i do have a textbook, dont really like it though.

Ive got the cpg (?) revision book which i find is good!

Ive going to an intense revision course next week and im getting a biology tutor for the weeks before the exam!

Arrgggghhh

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.