Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what sorts of things you do in the lessons for pass plus. I am about to start doing them and have no idea what they will be like, only that they will cover things like motorways and weather conditions.

I will have one four hour lesson and one two hour lesson with my instructor, im also worried she will point out bad habits i've got since my driving lessons before i passed my test

I just dont want to fail it and waste my money! Any information would be helpful.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I dont think you can fail it. There isnt a test or anything- you just do the lessons and then get the certificate to say you have passed it.
    But yeah- you are right about covering motorways and weather conditions. I think you do country lanes etc too.
    It may seem daunting (with your instructor picking up on bad habits etc) but it should be ok. Once you have been in the car for a few minutes and you get into the swing of things you should be fine.
    Im sorry i dont know much else about pass plus but i hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    You can't fail it, don't worry.

I've done it, it's just more driving practice which is fab.

What you do get taught is to drive on the motorway for a couple of hours (which I think everyone should do before they're unleashed onto the motorway...), country lanes (scary Mary...), possibly at night and in the rain.

Let your instructor point out your bad habits, it'll get you out of them a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    troll

ReputationRep:
    I just did my first 2 hours of it today
    I basically had 2 hours of driving on the motorway while he asks me a few related questions.

At the end he ticked about half of the boxes on his tick sheet and all I did was drive on the motorway for 2 hours, and still have 4 hours of it to go :P

Really just some extra useful driving experience, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed PassPlus with my instructor. It really helped me with my confidence, I felt when I was learning to drive, the driving style which we were told to use I found to be extremely uncomfortable. I used PassPlus as a chance to drive the way I felt comfortable doing in a formal environment. Your instructor shouldn't really pick up on your 'bad habits', as everyone drives differently and you should drive the way in which you feel comfortable doing (and safe of course).

ReputationRep:
    Arse Plus is for turds. Don't do it. Spend your money on hookers and blow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    Arse Plus is for turds. Don't do it. Spend your money on hookers and blow.
    That's helpful!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    I was just wondering what sorts of things you do in the lessons for pass plus. I am about to start doing them and have no idea what they will be like, only that they will cover things like motorways and weather conditions.

I will have one four hour lesson and one two hour lesson with my instructor, im also worried she will point out bad habits i've got since my driving lessons before i passed my test

I just dont want to fail it and waste my money! Any information would be helpful.
    You can't fail as such because there is no test. You do need to reach an acceptable standard in each of the modules, but don't let that put you off. I've never had anyone fail to reach the standard and most exceed the requirements.

If your instructor is any good they won't point out your bad habits. Everybody relaxes their driving style when they pass to some degree and that is okay because you should feel comfortable while driving. When teaching Passplus I will advise if I think the driving style is dangerous but if you leave your hand on the
    gear lever or cross your hands when steering I'm really not going to point it out.

The point of Passplus isn't to check up on you, it's to broaden your experience in situations that you may not have come across before. My pupils and I both enjoy Passplus because it shows how much fun driving can be!

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salfordfairy)
    That's helpful!!!!!!

I'm full of wisdsom. Is there anything else you need my advice on?

ReputationRep:
    I'd definetly recommend Passplus but it depends on what sort of instructor you have/had. Mine was a right laugh and I throughly enjoyed the mini course. I've heard some instructors do the whole 6 hours in one day but I'd say it's better to do in 2hr chunks. It's an intro to essential things which weren't in the test, like motorway and narrow country road driving. The latter can be quite a challenge at night but all the more fun!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.