Turn on thread page Beta

Second period a week late after taking morning after pill? HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    So i was having sex with my bf and the condom split, so I took the morning after pill. I got my period a week later, all fine. My next period should have been last week! I've had sex twice since and am v. nervous. Is this normal, or should I be worried and do a pregnancy test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematical)
    So i was having sex with my bf and the condom split, so I took the morning after pill. I got my period a week later, all fine. My next period should have been last week! I've had sex twice since and am v. nervous. Is this normal, or should I be worried and do a pregnancy test?
    No harm in doing a preg test, but it is well known the morning after pill does affect your hormones and can make your next period come early or late. It's not unusual. It happened to my friend once, so she did a pregnancy test, came out negative and had her period a week later. Hope that helps

EDIT: I lolled at the fact you're doing English at Oxford, yet named Mathematical, then went onto cry when I looked at your academia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaskade)
    No harm in doing a preg test, but it is well known the morning after pill does affect your hormones and can make your next period come early or late. It's not unusual. It happened to my friend once, so she did a pregnancy test, came out negative and had her period a week later. Hope that helps

EDIT: I lolled at the fact you're doing English at Oxford, yet named Mathematical, then went onto cry when I looked at your academia
    Ah, thanks so much! I looked online and many people seemed to say the same thing, but you can't help but worry. If it doesn't come by next week I'll do the test.

And haha, why cry? I admire the fact you're doing law--LAW OMG YOU HAVE BALLS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematical)
    Ah, thanks so much! I looked online and many people seemed to say the same thing, but you can't help but worry. If it doesn't come by next week I'll do the test.

And haha, why cry? I admire the fact you're doing law--LAW OMG YOU HAVE BALLS!
    Yeah it's no worries, but remember, ou have to take the test 2 weeks after you've had intercourse for it to be accurate. I love how i'm giving womanly advice

And why cry? I could only dream of having grades like that stupid slacking during gcse's :P

Haha thanks! Good luck with oxford :O!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.