Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=James1977;30797929]Rejected by Derby but conditionals for both De Montfort and Coventry.

Derby was my last choice so I wasn't particularly bothered about being rejected by them.[/QUOT

how was the interview with coventry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlove)

how was the interview with coventry?
    I found it pretty easy.

The day starts with a talk about the course content etc, a bit of Q&A, take a tour of the facilities, then divided into groups of 4/5 for the actual interviews.

In the interview there will be a university person (lecturer etc) and a service user. Your group will be thrown about 6 questions to discuss among yourselves and the lecturer and service user will take notes on you.

Don't be too aggressive, listen to what the others say and respond to their comments, avoid giving 'matter of fact' answers and definitely avoid being the quiet person in the corner.

One of the questions that seems to have come up in all the groups is the obvious "what skills/experiences do you have that can be transferred to nursing". Try not to keep falling back on a single experience for all your responses.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Had a call from coventry now that they will get in touch with me on a future dates bcos they 've to make a decision through ucas today.Thanks for your feedback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariederby)
    Well that's what my letter says and I can assure you that it says that the only places they have left are for Boston!:eek:

Where did you get the info about this campus closing? I would consider this if there was a possibility of me then being transferred:confused:

I went to a selection day at boston on the 13th of april the question of the closure was raised and they said all applicants would continue to study and complete there course at boston. Nottingham Uni are eventually leaving boston, lincoln etc... they are hoping that someone else will take on nurse training in the area as it will mean there is no where in the area that does nurse training and will be detrimental to the hospitals as most of the newly qualified nurses go on to get jobs in the hospitals they did there training in and this would not be available if it shuts down completely.
    Also there are places left was told 30 for adult in September.
    29 as i have one of them

ReputationRep:
    Well done Kez

I have an interview on 25 May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    I got the Boston letter too - was kinda relieved to be honest as i've been waiting since october to hear anything from them and Notts is the only place i want to go to as i live there! Really hope i get an interview for Boston now... would be amazing! Just a waiting game now really.... x
    hey, i was just wondering whether you had an interview for Boston as i had one in may and got in, but for the January intake. would be nice to know some people for i start!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2011

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.