Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicSoon!)
    Yeah i have done some research into this! its called the Davinci something right? woow, ive always wanted to meet someone who has done this? so it actully worked for you then?
    the only thing is im at college so if i needed to have my power nap it wouldnt be as easy!
    and oww gosh, i bet those first weeks were terrible rightt?
    It did really work but my college timetable made it impossible. The first weeks were the worst, I've never felt so drained but afterwards it was great, I had so much free time it was incredible.

Im going to be starting it again this summer and hopefully continue through Uni if I can

ReputationRep:
    its horrible bing an insomniac...somehow i only get it on and off every few months but that is eough to drive me insane because it isnt just a case of going to sleep late and waking up early, its all the waking up during the night which is the killer.
    Sleep is not a waste of time because it allows you to funtion properly, having too little sleep and being exhausted is the waste of time because you dont function efficiently.
    be happy that you are normal...why do we always bloody want what we dont have?? even the horrible things!!

ReputationRep:
    My sleep cycle is ****ed up beyond belief, does that count?

ReputationRep:
    Pluck off your eyelids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Going by fight club doesn't it just end up feeling like you are in a dream the whole time? I stayed up for 4 days once and reality and fiction began to blur
    4 days? HOW!? o.O

ReputationRep:
    I am imsomniac and I can tell you its not what you think it is, you loo terrible in the morning and it takes a strain upon your body.

ReputationRep:
    Think about how much you do when you are asleep. Have the best sex of your life, win epic fights, go travelling round the world, or maybe the universe, be a king, be a bear.....

The best hours of your life will be from dreams. Pity you'll forget most of your good times.

Also, I would lol if you developed insomnia, you'd understand why you don't want it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    4 days? HOW!? o.O
    First day beer and films second day wondering round London Third day beer passed out on the fourth.

Never again began to lose my grip on reality

ReputationRep:
    That is stupid.. sorry. Insomnia isn't a handy trick so you can use to stay up longer and feel great the next day, because people who have it generally don't feel that great :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicSoon!)
    Okay, i know it sounds crazy but hear me out

I think sleep is such as waste of time! the amount of things i could be doing instead of sleeping is crazy!

Any tips on how to stay up till really late everyday and still feel okay the next day??
    Insomia is not just not sleeping and feeling refreshed all the time and not a need to sleep. It's an inability to sleep, you often feel in limbo, too tired to do work or anything, but you just can't sleep.

I've been up at 6am, been busy all day and tried to sleep at 10pm and have not been able to sleep until 9am, laying in bed for hours. I couldnt do work etc all night because i was so tired from the day. I was so tired i didn't want to move from my bed, but i just struggle to sleep.

As a result i slept all day, missed Uni and have in past missed coursework deadline's because of it.

It's something that happens frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    First day beer and films second day wondering round London Third day beer passed out on the fourth.

Never again began to lose my grip on reality
    Beer? But beer is a depressant... and films are hardly a stimulating way of staying awake, haha

ReputationRep:
    I would not wish insomnia on my worst enemy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it! Just because you're awake, it doesn't mean you'll be able to function properly. Insomnia is terrible :no:

ReputationRep:
    Sleep is not a waste of time. Sleep is like a blessing. Why would you want to be insomniac? That's absurd. The longest time I stayed awake was 4 days, and everything sounded ridiculous, I couldn't even make a proper sentence without hysterically laughing. It was terrible.
    Don't depend on coffee/energy drinks. It'll ruin your teeth.

ReputationRep:
    You really don't, take this from someone who is still awake at 4:30 AM.

ReputationRep:
    i usually get 8 hours every 3 days my record was 7 days by which point you really cant do anything but lay there try to get to sleep and go the toilet when necessary lol

trust me although it does have its good points more time for things etc)
    you feel tired almost permanently and cant concentrate when doing those things as easily

ReputationRep:
    no!!! having insomnia isn't nice! i know x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shibbldib)
    this is stupid. wanting to be an insomniac is idiotic. going without sleep for long periods of time is painful.
    Not as painful as having to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwboyracer)
    I went to a London church once (broadcast on television) and stayed over for 2.5 days, hardly got any sleep though as most of the time was spent praying, so after the 2.5 days were up and I was heading back into west minister near London eye and Big Ben to catch the coach home I could hardly do anything, I felt like I were sleepwalking
    Wow pal, that is quite harsh praying all that time. Did you enjoy the experience of not sleeping though?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Beer? But beer is a depressant... and films are hardly a stimulating way of staying awake, haha
    Had a friend with me haha. Would't recommend more than two days awake lol

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.