Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I have a job interview tomorrow for card factory, not sure of hours as its for a brand new store. Anyone work here? Whats the interview process? and how should i dress?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I had my first ever job interview at the card factory. My interview consisted of a woman chain smoking by the door and saying she 'didn't appreciate any *****iness in the shop' and 'everyone has to do their fair share of work on the shop floor and the till, not just the floor' it was ridiculous, then I just had to give her my CV and that was that. I didn't get the job.

ReputationRep:
    omg thats shocking!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else had any experince of card factory interviews, surely the above was a one off they cant all be like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babycoz)
    anyone else had any experince of card factory interviews, surely the above was a one off they cant all be like that?

first things first, this shop is not new, it has been around for many years dude.

Okay on to what to wear.

for boys: Black shoes, black pants, smart shirt (buttons)

for girls: Black shoes, black pants/skirt, blouse or smart shirt

hope this helps, what times the interview?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol I ment its a new store opening lol i have to go to the one in the next local shopping centre.

Yeah thats what i was thinking to wear? Just wanted to know what there interview process was i always get my self in such a state over a silly interview lol just want to be as prepared as i can.

Its this afternoon at 2.45

ReputationRep:
    lol I ment its a new store opening lol i have to go to the one in the next local shopping centre.

Yeah thats what i was thinking to wear? Just wanted to know what there interview process was i always get my self in such a state over a silly interview lol just want to be as prepared as i can.

Its this afternoon at 2.45

I have never had an interview at card factory though i had given in my cv to them once. However I have had interview in shops like home and bargain, Wilkinson's, pound land, and was successful. Although the jobs aren't in the same shop, i'm guessing the interview will be the same as mine was also a shop, also retailing and therefore there both in the same department. The interview and lead up to it goes like this

Go in 5-10 minutes early, wearing black shoes, black pants, smart shirt

Once in store display a positive, happy, confident attitude, even if your nerves are ****ed as mine were though i tried to hide it

Once in the interview your employer may ask you why you would like to work for their company, what you can bring to the business, and of any other previous work you may have done. they may also want to check your background history, ie, criminal records e.c.t.

Remember! people get an impression/opinion of a person within 15 seconds of meeting them so go and make a good impression. good luck, quote me later and tell me how u get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwboyracer)
    I have never had an interview at card factory though i had given in my cv to them once. However I have had interview in shops like home and bargain, Wilkinson's, pound land, and was successful. Although the jobs aren't in the same shop, i'm guessing the interview will be the same as mine was also a shop, also retailing and therefore there both in the same department. The interview and lead up to it goes like this

Go in 5-10 minutes early, wearing black shoes, black pants, smart shirt

Once in store display a positive, happy, confident attitude, even if your nerves are ****ed as mine were though i tried to hide it

Once in the interview your employer may ask you why you would like to work for their company, what you can bring to the business, and of any other previous work you may have done. they may also want to check your background history, ie, criminal records e.c.t.

Remember! people get an impression/opinion of a person within 15 seconds of meeting them so go and make a good impression. good luck, quote me later and tell me how u get on.
    Thanks for your help! Yeah its those kind of questions that i get stuck on i never know what to say, and my mind goes blank! I know its only a silly shop job but i have a young child and a lot of debt so its very important i get it.

Thanks again ill let you know how i get on

ReputationRep:
    You could try doing a bit of research into litho printing and then wow them with your knowledge of plates, finishing, spot uv, foil blocking and the three main types of paper - Gloss, Silk, Matt and Offset (Uncoated). It might be useful since you are working with paper anyway and selling them only jokin

ReputationRep:
    Hey sorry i dont know if you will see this or remember but if you do, do you remember if you got a confirmation email once you had applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maybe Tomorrow)
    I had my first ever job interview at the card factory. My interview consisted of a woman chain smoking by the door and saying she 'didn't appreciate any *****iness in the shop' and 'everyone has to do their fair share of work on the shop floor and the till, not just the floor' it was ridiculous, then I just had to give her my CV and that was that. I didn't get the job.
    which card factory was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyerose)
    which card factory was it?
    Southend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maybe Tomorrow)
    Southend.
    hi i have a job atthe card factory and i have forgotten how to log into my till, i dont want to go in on my next shift and look silly because i have forgotten already. i know you first type in your 4 didgit code but what do i press after that ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sixteen years old, and have applied to the opening at the new branch in Stratford Westfields. Do you think they will take me on?

ReputationRep:
    ...how should i dress?
    The best way to think is ALWAYS dress smart no matter what the job is. You'll never be caught out if you always dress smart, after all, first impressions DO count.

Good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a job Interview tomorrow at Card Factory don't know what to wear Full suit or just Grey Trousers and Blue shirt and what are the questions they ask you and how can you get in I never got an interview my first time

ReputationRep:
    Don't ever work for card factory no matter how desperate you are they are a company with no morales they care for themselves you are just a number to them and the conditions you work under horrendous the management are *****y if your face doesn't fit your not excepted by staff bad atmosphere and attitude how can these ppl get away with trading close them down I say

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.