Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^totally me

(Original post by Antimatter)
    ^totally me
    Congratulations?! Sounds like timing is not ideal but hope you can work out what you want to do and find a way of managing!

We've just had an offer accepted on a house! It's lovely and a lot bigger than our current place, but I'm just hoping we can get the move sorted in time (and am definitely hiring a full-on removal service as I do not want to have to pack/unpack at the moment!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Congratulations?! Sounds like timing is not ideal but hope you can work out what you want to do and find a way of managing!

We've just had an offer accepted on a house! It's lovely and a lot bigger than our current place, but I'm just hoping we can get the move sorted in time (and am definitely hiring a full-on removal service as I do not want to have to pack/unpack at the moment!)
    Good luck with the house! Hope all goes through without any problems for you!

(We're still in rented accommodation after having 2 house purchases fall through during the pregnancy - one where the seller couldn't get a mortgage themselves and the other where an ex wife came out of the woodwork to claim the probate property that was meant to be a 'quick in...')

I'm 23/40 tomorrow. Managed to get back to work full time and even do some locum shifts. Went away this week for a few days which was nice although I was very tired. The nausea has never gone away but was under control until I vomited everything up just as we landed this evening. Since then all of my dinner has come up too. Now I'm petrified the hyperemesis is back at it's worst. I don't know if I can handle it again. It may well just be a bug but the vomiting brings with it the memories of the misery and the worried face of my hubby. Fingers crossed it's a short lived thing.

I'm 23/40 tomorrow. Managed to get back to work full time and even do some locum shifts. Went away this week for a few days which was nice although I was very tired. The nausea has never gone away but was under control until I vomited everything up just as we landed this evening. Since then all of my dinner has come up too. Now I'm petrified the hyperemesis is back at it's worst. I don't know if I can handle it again. It may well just be a bug but the vomiting brings with it the memories of the misery and the worried face of my hubby. Fingers crossed it's a short lived thing.
    Fingers crossed it's just a bug for you or a very short lived blip!

I had a little blip around 20 weeks and did need medicating until delivery and was still nauseous every day but it was at a manageable level rather than completely miserable with it. The memories of it are still preventing me from even considering more children though!

Fingers crossed it's just a bug for you or a very short lived blip!

I had a little blip around 20 weeks and did need medicating until delivery and was still nauseous every day but it was at a manageable level rather than completely miserable with it. The memories of it are still preventing me from even considering more children though!
    I completely understand that. The thought of doing this again anytime soon makes me shudder. Have been in hospital since yesterday due to dehydration. Trying to avoid going back on prednisolone. Vomiting has settled but nausea is much worse. Fingers crossed it gets a bit better!

Hope you and the little one are doing ok!
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    ^totally me
    Congratulations! while the timing might not be ideal I am sure things will work out.

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand that. The thought of doing this again anytime soon makes me shudder. Have been in hospital since yesterday due to dehydration. Trying to avoid going back on prednisolone. Vomiting has settled but nausea is much worse. Fingers crossed it gets a bit better!

Hope you and the little one are doing ok!
    Urgh, so sorry it's flared up again. Hope you're feeling a bit better after some IV rehydration - could just be a dodgy plane bug kicking things off? 23/40 means you must have had your anomaly scan by now - all ok and do you know what sex it is?

I've finally reached the limits of my last "fat" pair of trousers so am going to have to bite the bullet and buy some maternity clothes. Jersey dresses and elasticated waist skirts are still manageable though!
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Urgh, so sorry it's flared up again. Hope you're feeling a bit better after some IV rehydration - could just be a dodgy plane bug kicking things off? 23/40 means you must have had your anomaly scan by now - all ok and do you know what sex it is?

I've finally reached the limits of my last "fat" pair of trousers so am going to have to bite the bullet and buy some maternity clothes. Jersey dresses and elasticated waist skirts are still manageable though!
    Maternity clothes are amazing! I loved my over the bump jeans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Maternity clothes are amazing! I loved my over the bump jeans!
    I lived in mine until the last few weeks... The New Look bump bands are brilliant as well

Thanks, managed to get out after one night but am feeling pretty rubbish still. At least I can eat again.

I saw OH today and they were horrified I have not had a risk assessment yet (I've asked a few times), and have insisted that I come off nights ASAP, with nights soon to follow. I'm already a really popular trainee so this is going to do wonders for my rep in the department. I know it doesn't matter in the long run and I should be putting my health first, it's just difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, managed to get out after one night but am feeling pretty rubbish still. At least I can eat again.

I saw OH today and they were horrified I have not had a risk assessment yet (I've asked a few times), and have insisted that I come off nights ASAP, with nights soon to follow. I'm already a really popular trainee so this is going to do wonders for my rep in the department. I know it doesn't matter in the long run and I should be putting my health first, it's just difficult.
    The guilt is terrible, I know how you feel! But realistically you wouldn't have been continuing nights for much longer anyway, so they should have been contingency planning.

I'm on annual leave this week and really enjoying the break. Had a baby shower/afternoon tea in London yesterday - there were at least 4 other similar parties in the same hotel! I still have so much stuff to buy, but budgets are a bit tighter now the house purchase is (hopefully) going ahead. No Bugaboo for me! Once I go back it's only 5 working weeks to go, with three long days in that time.

ReputationRep:
    33+5 now and D day can't come soon enough! For the last three weeks I've been in and out of hospital due to experiencing severe migraines with accompanying hemiplagic aura which has been very frightening as this is a new experience! I've been signed off work for a further two weeks so unlikely to be returning to uni or placement until next year now! I'm now in a little medicated bubble (sorry baby!) and hoping that everything calms down soon as four migraines in five days is not something I can cope particular well with, especially when I loose feeling in my hands and half of my face goes numb!

Husband and I have agreed that we probably won't have a second child.

How long do you think you'd feel guilty if you kept pushing yourself & had a low birth weight or prem baby? I know the evidence isn't that strong but I still wonder if my horrible commute etc. had anything to do with waters going 2 days after official mat leave started at 37+2 last time! Did not want to take any chances this time & was lucky enough to be able to stop work at 30/40 & the twins didn't come till evicted at 36+6 - so I don't think I'm someone who always has early babies...
    How guilty do you think your work would feel? Someone might nomentarily think that's a shame but they don't really give a ****. You can have amended duties & paid sick leave so don't put too much pressure on yourself...

Helenia - What's on your need list? Sometimes people overbuy! I didn't spend that much first time... Although after all the miscarriages went a bit nuts this time - i love the bugaboo donkey with custom hood & apron much more than babies do as they still won't sleep in it! :facepalm:
    If you hope to have a 2nd that might influence pram choice or whether or not to get 2nd hand things this time..? Only things that shouldn't be 2nd hand & sibling passed down are mattesses and car seats.

Everyone buys you 0-3M clothes so only buy a few NB size things yourself then stocktake!
    If other people want to buy consider asking for practical things e.g. nappies/wipes, lanolin, breastpads, changing bag of your choice etc. Or family to sponsor big pram/furniture/car seat items.

ReputationRep:

I didn't end up having a risk assessment the whole pregnancy (or occy health review for that matter despite all the issues I had!)

LTFT post confirmed today, such a relief for it to be sorted with 2 weeks to go until return to work. I am going to have to work very hard to meet their targets of I've got a hope of staying in the specialty though :s

Still waiting for them to sort out a suitable place for me to express so I can keep breastfeeding though... It seems like it's not something they've ever had to do before which shocks me a little!

Baby had his 6-9 month health visitor review today and she was very happy with how he's developing (everything now on target for actual rather than corrected age and even ahead in some places). 3 teeth through, 1 nasty bite so far that's meant I couldn't feed from that side at all for a while due to the pain... Settling now fortunately and no more biting since tooth 3 came through

ReputationRep:
    I have developed ankle oedema in the last few days. Not sure whether it's a combination of heat + 3rd trimester + on-calls, or if I should worry about pre-eclampsia. I need to go see someone tomorrow, don't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have developed ankle oedema in the last few days. Not sure whether it's a combination of heat + 3rd trimester + on-calls, or if I should worry about pre-eclampsia. I need to go see someone tomorrow, don't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. Or DIY BP & dip in the meantime? If BP >150/100 you need to see someone today.

First pregnancy I got ankle then leg oedema = no PET.

Twins I got the same cankles & leg oedema then a few weeks later BP up a smidgen (was borderline in clinic from the start but better at home - anxiety +++) then while waiting on follow up BP profiles/bloods/24hr urines got swollen eyelids & realized despite drinking loads I wasn't peeing much = PET!

ReputationRep:
    Oooo, so glad to find this thread!I'm almost 14 weeks, due in Jan. I'm in the middle of writing my PhD thesis, so trying to get as much done as I can before the baby arrives. Unfortunately, the first trimester has set me a bit behind, since I've been absolutely exhausted and nauseous all the time. Have been feeling loads better for the last week, though, so need to get on with it!This is my first baby, and I'm so far away from home...my husband and I are both 3,000 miles from our families, and we don't have much of a support network where we live, other than friends without kids. So, I suspect that will be the most difficult aspect of new parenthood for us.

ReputationRep:
    Um - not sure why my post is appearing all bunched up - I typed it with paragraphs, but it's showing as a block of text, sorry about that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What happened? Did you get it checked out?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.