Turn on thread page Beta

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    To be honest between everything else going on i have about as much support as i can get..i have outreach workers, IDVAs, the lot and im still failing miserably. Things are pretty rock bottom right now so the HV is coming in the morning but my anxiety is so out of control i dont think i can admit anything to her
    Sounds like a hell of a lot to deal with. :hugs: Do talk to your HV - they are there to help you and concealing things won't be good in the long run. You're not failing - I don't know the details of your situation at the moment but it sounds like you've got some serious difficulties, and are handling it as best you can. It's ok to need support with that!

I was coming on to whinge that work are being useless about planning my return, annual leave entitlement etc, but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest between everything else going on i have about as much support as i can get..i have outreach workers, IDVAs, the lot and im still failing miserably. Things are pretty rock bottom right now so the HV is coming in the morning but my anxiety is so out of control i dont think i can admit anything to her
    If you don't feel that you can talk to your HV could you talk to your GP? If your anxiety is out of control then there are medications that can be started (or changed if you are already on something). There will be options. One thing that I sometimes advice my patients if they are struggling to put in to words how they are feeling is for them to write it down before they come, this way I can have a look and get somewhere towards understanding what they need help with. I know taking that first step to ask for help is a big thing

ReputationRep:
    You aren't. I hope the session with the HV is helpful, but if you don't get what you need out of it don't hesitate to say so. It's a horrid place to be in at the moment, but there will be a way out to the light again.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Managed to get it all out to the HV who luckily is bloody amazing so she has fot me an urgent gp appointment for the morning and she is going to be there too. She said shes sort of been expecting it because in 4 months max has been in hospital 3 times, i have left an horrendously violent relationship and my mum has spent the last two weeks on life support in ICU. Raising my two with literally no support because the whole of his family have cut me and them off. Will get there but sure as hell is tough.

Thank you. Managed to get it all out to the HV who luckily is bloody amazing so she has fot me an urgent gp appointment for the morning and she is going to be there too. She said shes sort of been expecting it because in 4 months max has been in hospital 3 times, i have left an horrendously violent relationship and my mum has spent the last two weeks on life support in ICU. Raising my two with literally no support because the whole of his family have cut me and them off. Will get there but sure as hell is tough.
    Well done for talking to your HV. PND/PNA really sucks but recognising it and asking for help is a really good step in getting better. (That's really not meant to have sounded as patronising as it does reading back through it!!! It sounds like you've had a horrendous time of it recently but really hope that life will start getting a bit easier for you!)

I'm part way through counselling now and finally starting to see a happier future and gaining more control of my anxiety (bit of CBT, bit of EMDR for PTSD). Long way to go still but seeing a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel now.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for getting out of the relationship, it must have been really scary but you've done the right thing. Stay strong and keep believing in yourself - this is the right thing for you and Chelsea and Max. So sorry that your mum is so ill too, I hope that she improves soon. And very pleased that your HV and GP are supportive.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

Think the biggest worry on my mind right now is that i have managed to avoid social services opening a case so far by doing literally everything they have asked and i dont want this to be the thing that makes them get involved as i have worked far too hard to avoid it. I know ordinarily this wouldnt be something theu need to get involved with but cant help but feel the combination of everythinf is just too much!

ReputationRep:
    I never knew we had this society too :eek: WOOO

(Original post by KittenMediaya)
    I never knew we had this society too :eek: WOOO
    Every society is nearly covered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Every society is nearly covered
    you are everywhere

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.