Turn on thread page Beta

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II watch

ReputationRep:
    That sounds hard DC, Bella was always very little with not much of an appetite either, I just don't think food interests her one bit (unless it's sweets!) I was like you not wanting to push her. So I just kind of left her to it, taking what she ate over a week into consideration (rather than single days) and now she eats a lot more and I wouldn't say she has any issues whatsoever so it could be something similar? I just gave it no attention (to her face, hehe) but she seems to have grown out of it or her appetite has grown as she has.

If he has lots of energy then he must be getting enough, I was told by my HV that young children are able to eat as much as they need (like a newborn) but I would still definitely go to your HV and see what she suggests.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all i thought i might as well join in here. Currently 33+5 weeks pregnant and going back to college at the end of september. Yes i know i know, its impossible, i will never acheive it, dont i know how exhausting and impossible having a life with a newborn is *blah blah*

But i'm stupid enough to give it a try and lucky enough to have 100% support from mine and my fiances family plus an awesome daycare center on campus.

I haven't had a thorough read through the posts yet but i look forward to chatting to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missymorrison)
    Hello all i thought i might as well join in here. Currently 33+5 weeks pregnant and going back to college at the end of september. Yes i know i know, its impossible, i will never acheive it, dont i know how exhausting and impossible having a life with a newborn is *blah blah*

But i'm stupid enough to give it a try and lucky enough to have 100% support from mine and my fiances family plus an awesome daycare center on campus.

I haven't had a thorough read through the posts yet but i look forward to chatting to you all
    Welcome

All the best

ReputationRep:

Welcome! You won't find anybody saying any negative things here so don't feel you have to justify your choices to us. Hope your pregnancy is going well!

x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I was hoping to hear that here, everyone is so negative all the time its refreshing to know i won't be judged in here

x

Welcome
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    welcome missy - congrats on your pregnancy

DC - all I can say is that Alex was a very VERY difficult eater as a baby. He was over 95th percentile at birth, but had dropped to 9th percentile when he was a year old.
    He's now nearly 4 and bang smack in the middle of normal weight. He's perfectly healthy and eats just fine.
    Kids can be so worrying though when they don't eat much, it's awful I know.
    I'm not really sure what to suggest other than, what BP suggested, go to have a talk with your HV.
    I'm sorry you're having such difficulties!

Antigone - the father does sound really very immature. I'd advise you to just not speak to him for a while, just leave him be. He's clearly not acting rationally at the moment.

Zenobia - good luck with your masters application x

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I am in Iceland atm and didn't have internet for a while.

Re: MA debate (which was rather off-topic anyway). I don't mind explaining. I have absolutely no idea what I'd do with the qualification but it's what I really, really love and it is really fun, so that's simply what I want to do. Also I get 1 more year of Dutch studying finance so it is not a massive financial bother. My PhD will be though, I'll need to earn some money somehow by that point.

ReputationRep:
    Hello all you.
    I tried to speak to the father rationally, but he is in Hospital and according to him the doctors there advised him to break of contact with be, because i supposedly stay in his way of recovery and getting "healthy and normal" again.
    What a load of bull****, without me and my support, I dont know if he would be in such a "good" condition now.

He even wrote me tonight, that he plays a "role" of unsensitiv, coldhaerted son to his parents. He even stated that his parents dont have a clue as how he really is. I feel kind of sorry for them, because To be lied to by your own child constantly? What a terrible thing!!!

Well I wrote him a long e-mail today, in wich I explained him how I got to think the things I thought (wich is very much due to him always withholding important information:mad: )

But whatever. I told him, that I would not contact him expect in an emergency situation. And that if he wanted to contact me he knew where to find me and how to get in contact with me. I wished him all the best for his recovery and the rest of his live.
    I dont hate him, even if that would probably make it easier for me to get on with my life without him. But it is as it is. So to say.

I am very grateful for my supportive family, friends and last but not least, my colleagues and my bosses. They are all so noce to me and doing what they can to help me sort things out .

I suppose I cant expect any help or support from the childs father. But I want to be a good (but not perfect ) mother for my baby. I think thats the best thing I can do now.

Concentrate on me and the child and to get used to the idea of a Single-Parent-Family.
    Thats not the worst thing ever. So I just hope that the baby will be alright and that the two of us have a healthy and succesful pregnancy:rolleyes: .

Thank you for all you support, and I will keep you up to date. Promise.
    It really helps me a lot to get feedback.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenobia)
    Sorry I am in Iceland atm and didn't have internet for a while.

Re: MA debate (which was rather off-topic anyway). I don't mind explaining. I have absolutely no idea what I'd do with the qualification but it's what I really, really love and it is really fun, so that's simply what I want to do. Also I get 1 more year of Dutch studying finance so it is not a massive financial bother. My PhD will be though, I'll need to earn some money somehow by that point.
    Wow.. Iceland.. nice. Tell them to pay their debts please

All the best to the MA.... it's good to do things you enjoy doing, unfortunately for me it's not something I could do

Thank you very much. I was hoping to hear that here, everyone is so negative all the time its refreshing to know i won't be judged in here

x
    There will always be the judgemental ones out there, just got to learn to shut them up or ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Antigone: Gosh, sounds like such a difficult situation. It's lovely to hear you are getting a lot of support from family and friends. I hope he manages to work through his issues.

Zenobia: It sounds like a lot of fun! Doing something you love is such a great aim in life. I really wish you well!

I've just got my dates for my teaching placements next year! Seems quite full on but I have confidence in my ability to succeed!

Anyone have any plans for summer? It's 6 weeks until my hen night, eek!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=balloon_parade;32658619
    Anyone have any plans for summer? It's 6 weeks until my hen night, eek! [/QUOTE]

I am going to Greece on Sunday at 3.45am with my sister, our poor parents are giving us a lift! I am so looking for to it as it has been a while since i have been on holiday- plus the rain is back here

Wowie, time moves fast- what are you doing for your hen night? Hope you have an amazing time

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I just got an Unconditional offerfrom SAC Aberdeen. Goint to study as a pregnant student is a bit daunting now
    I just hope that I ll be able to cope with all this:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I just have to get this out of my head. Or I`ll start hitting a wall soon.

Yesterday I called my baby FATHERS Exgirlfriend (they were together for ten years!). I just hoped, that she might be able to tell me what to expect from him in the future.

But as Igather now there is nothing to look forward to .
    He told her several times, that I am just a "placeholder" for his Dreamwife:eek:
    That I am nothing more to him than someone to warm his bed on weekends and someone to talk about all his problems.
    The last feew weeks, when I started with my Uni application, I started to get suspicious. He always called himself "halfsingle", a long-distance-relationship wouldnt really be a relationship at all:eek:
    But I still closed my eyes. I always thought that when you love it doesent matter how long the distance is, or how often you see it other. You get over all this if you really love.

To crown all this, his ex told me, that during our HOLE relationship (because it was one, at least for me:mad: ) he was dating other women. Always running through online-dating, meeting other women, ...

He broke up with me twice, but I loved him and so I always fought for him. This is so bitter.... But now I also know, that during our short relationship breaks he had other women , even though he always said to me, that he didnt have sex with someone else. Yes sure, and the earth is a plate, yes?

But when his "new" women didnt work out he finally got back to m.

His Ex even went so far as to tell me SHE was glad I got pregnant. Because he was just playing with me and now he will have to always remember ME and pay for his "unconditional placeholder". I dont quite agree with it, but it just makes me feel used. And I feel cheated. And I start to ask myself if I should have realised this sooner? I know that it is too late now.

But I am going to meke a good life for my baby, I now have the uni place:cool:
    and I am going through with it. For my sake and the sake of my child.

It feels so good to have written all this now. I know, that it doesent change my situation, but I feel better.

This man may go to the moon. I dont even want to see him again.
    I just hope that I´ll finde a nice man in the future. Someone ho really loves me. And not someone who just thinks of himself.

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it in these dificult times.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    bp - ooh exciting! and congrats on teaching placement dates!

Antigone - I'm appalled that this man has treated you like that. If I may be so bold, he sounds like a prize ****. I don't think you should contact him any more, you don't need the stress from it all.
    In better news though, congratulations on your unconditional offer, that's fantastic. I'm sure you'll manage okay, but if you happen to find it all a bit overwhelming once the baby has come, you could always take a few months out and go back to it, it's quite acceptable to do that

ReputationRep:
    Hello PinkMobilePhone,
    just now I try to organise to go strait through without a break. i know first hand how demanding it will be. But I will definitely leave the option of a break open if it should get necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Antigone i hope you cut this nasty piece of work out for good. Concentrate on you and your lovely baby and your studies, you don't have time for such an awkward person in your life!

Good luck with uni! I will be starting my college course potentially 4-5 weeks after having my little one which is scary and exciting t the same time

ReputationRep:
    Missymorrison: Do you have childcare for when your baby is born? Because I went back when my youngest was 16 weeks old and she was literally days old enough to be allowed to go to the baby room in the nursery. I'm sure you've got something arranged but I know it is quite difficult to get childcare for such young babies. Do you know what your timetable will be like? Hopefully you'll have a few full days off a week to spend with your new baby! It's going to be a very exciting and hectic time, but I am sure you'll enjoy every minute!

Antigone: You have been treated awfully. Just have to concentrate on yourself and your baby from now on, look forward and not back. :hugs:. Well done on your offer!

PMP: I'm not sure where they will be, will find that out a few weeks prior, but knowing when they are makes me feel more prepared already! I could be in Pre-school, upto year 3, which is lovely! How are you?

Alexa: Oooh sounds lovely! I'm sure it will be sunny, I'm off camping with my sister this weekend so think of me when you are relaxing in the sun I hope you have a lovely time! As for the hen night, it's in Leeds! Not too far away but far enough to feel like it's a break, you know? Should be fun! We're doing cocktail making classes and I've booked a private karaoke booth, hehe!

ReputationRep:
    Childcare is indeed completely covered. My partner is having his boy one day and the other day is being covered by the ( VV expensive!!!!!) on campus nursery. Luckily the course is 2 full days a week for one year. The course i was originally due to start was 2 half days for 2 years so this is a better option!

I checked with the Nursery on ages too and they take babies from 6 weeks onlwards, so will only have one or two weeks at the start of the course to cover. My partner is taking leave for these 2 days which is ace. I'm lucky enough to have a massive ammount of support from my partner and his family and also my family so i am likely to have very limited problems with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    Anyone have any plans for summer? It's 6 weeks until my hen night, eek!
    Congratulations

Not a lot is happening this summer out of the ordinary for me.

Plans? I made plans to be in USA for the 4th of July, but had to cancel due to work related matters, which meant I missed my class reunion, will try to go for homecoming in September instead, but will see what happens as my wife is due on the last week of August.

Other than that, just the usual, need to spend my 1 week per month in Switzerland when I get grilled by all my bosses Well all bar one big big boss LOL.

We will be doing a roadtrip to Switzerland next week, DW, LO and my grandfather will tag along this time. Train to London, then Eurostar to Paris, then from Paris we will get a car from Paris and drive to Zurich via Luxembourg, Nuremberg, Munich and St Gallen, before arriving in Zurich. My grandfather's first time going back to Germany since 1944 I doubt he would recognize Munich all that much considering how much it has changed since..... but I guess it's good for him to see it again and I too would love to know a bit of my own family history of what happened prior to the war. Now am hoping I won't be given a French car for this trip We will fly back though.

Week after next, we are flying to Hong Kong, I finally get to see my parents for the first time in over 3 years. They will finally get to meet their granddaughter and DIL..... not sure how they going to react either as they have no idea, hoping it won't be WW3... not decided what to do in Hong Kong yet either, one thing for certain I know where I'm going, shopping and food Been craving for food from one of my favourite restaurant for almost 4 years now

After that, DW is launching a new business, finally she can launch it after all the challenges and setbacks.

After that....... I guess we will be busy with newborn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.