Turn on thread page Beta

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II watch

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday Amy, that year has absolutely flown! I hope she (and you) have a lovely day!

Antigone: He sounds so manipulative, stick to your guns. x

ReputationRep:
    Our baby boy was born at 7:20am on 11/07/11, weighing 9lbs 8.5ozs, and 54cm long, by c-section. He's beautiful and such a calm baby. Breastfeeding is off to a good start. He has lots of dark hair and lovely long eyelashes like his daddy, and his big brown eyes and his nose from me!

Sorry I haven't been on sooner, he feeds almost constantly, so I have very little time to do anything, and coming on the computer always comes way below showering, eating, and running to the loo!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Princess

Wow Amy is a year old already!!!! Happy Birthday
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    congrats princess!

happy birthday to Amy! wow that's gone fast!

Antigone - congrats on your scan, I bet that was lovely for you

ReputationRep:
    Tufts: Happy Birthday to Amy.I cant believe she is now 1...time has flown by!

Congratulations to Princess Ariadne!!.Make sure you rest and get as much sleep as you can x.

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday to Amy, i agree where has the year gone!

Congrats PrincessA, he sounds gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    Hey ladies, I'm a bit of a lurker on here! Can't resist all the cute babies haha I'm being mega organised this year and have already made a start on my christmas presents..By the time christmas comes, my nephew will be 14 months old. Any ideas on what I could buy him? My other nephew will be three and it's so much easier to buy for him as he's really into playing etc but I'm clueless as to what to get a baby! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations PrincessAriadne! Glad to hear the breastfeeding is going well
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Hey ladies, I'm a bit of a lurker on here! Can't resist all the cute babies haha I'm being mega organised this year and have already made a start on my christmas presents..By the time christmas comes, my nephew will be 14 months old. Any ideas on what I could buy him? My other nephew will be three and it's so much easier to buy for him as he's really into playing etc but I'm clueless as to what to get a baby! Thank you
    little tikes rocking horse. it's fabulous.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, don't mention the C word! Christmas already, you must be absolutely mad! I don't even start to think about it until the beginning of November!

Bella is 4 on Saturday! Can't believe it!!

Happy Birthday Amy. Big congrats to you Princess what a great weight!!!!
    So the news on me. Last week, I had to go to Gynae ward at hospital for verious tests and bloods every other day for a few days. All tests good, the HCG levels are doubling all the time. I dont need anymore bloods but I do have an early scan at the EPAU on Tuesday. Think I'll relax more after that and definately after the scan at 12 weeks. I dont have hardly any pains now, just the odd ache here and there. So Im feeling more positive.
    On other news, Im trying a new potty with ella. Its a Summer 2 in one.Like a toilet with a soft seat on the floor or it can go on the toilet with the bottom half used as a little step. So perfect either way and tonight she didnt mind sitting on it and although she did not do anything, she wiped herself. She tells me when she is wet and poos and is not far off telling us when she wants to go. Any tips on potty training? x

ReputationRep:
    Ooh so that's great news then HRH, what's the countdown then for 12 weeks? Hopefully not too long, you'll be in my thoughts!

I think with potty training it's just waiting until they are 100% ready so that you can just put them in knickers straight away and then just keep the potty nearby (and take it EVERYWHERE you go) and then just keep asking all the time if she needs a wee or a poo and then hopefully she will just catch on. I wouldn't even bother with pull-ups during the day, just straight to knickers because the change is more distinct and 'grown up'. Now you wear knickers and if you wee in them, you will get wet!

She sounds like she knows what to do, it's just learning the feeling of when she wants to go and being biologically ready I guess! (which is what I'm waiting for with Milly!)

You can only give it a go and see what happens! If she isn't ready then just leave the potty around and just try again in the future. Good luck!

Thanks BP, I think i am about 6 weeks but i cant be sure as i fell on the one month I did not write when I had the period. So I could really kick myself, wondering if the scan will tell me how far i am. I think after tues i will then book into the midwife to see her in a few weeks. I dont really want to as my GP has been as usual very good and supportive. I asked him to do my antenatal care and he has said he will ask but he doubts he will be allowed to, but would do if i wanted him to do so and he could. Didnt have a great experience with CM's last time, we never could get in to see her and we had a different one every week. Early days, but right from the start I will be pushing for repeat C Section, after my traumatic birth experience I dont feel i can do a VBAC. And given my BMI and narrow pubic arch, my Midwife friend thinks it is as less then 50/50 chance ill do it and given all the constant monitoring required, its not for me.

Thing about Ella potty training is as i work and shes at nursery or family in week its hard as they will need to follow it through as I am. reallly need some time of work to tackle it. Im thinking of training knickers, with a bit of absorbancy? SHe wont be naked shes shy lol! This is the last big thing really left and i want it to be a pleasant experience for her. It would be nice to not have 2 in nappies but im so concious that it needs to be right for her.
    How did people find transition from 1 to 2 children? Worries me that ill be neglecting ella and she will hate me for it

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone's summer been? Hope all who were waiting for academic results came through with flying colours.

I just came home this morning, back to work already........... though I wish holidays were an extra week

(Original post by Belle-x)
    You already planning for xmas?????? WHOA!!!!!!

Here I just returned from my summer holidays and haven't even thought of what I'm buying for myself for my birthday in sept

(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Anyone else find TTC bloody frustrating? Period normally arrives 100% on time, but the one time you want it to be regular (if it's coming) it teases you by being late! After MMC in Dec. I'm feeling ready to try again but wish nature would play ball! Never mind, will happen when the time's right I guess.
    Yes hun, I understand it is very hard. We were trying since sept 2010. Currently 6 ish weeks gone heres hoping i can remain pregnant. You will get there, but its so difficult. I gave up and then it happened, as you will see on my previous posts.xx

EEEEK. Its my Scan tomorrow at NNUH Early Pregnancy Unit, Im so nervous, wont sleep a wink. Im feeling a bit poorly too as ive got a cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HerRoyalHighness)
    Yes hun, I understand it is very hard. We were trying since sept 2010. Currently 6 ish weeks gone heres hoping i can remain pregnant. You will get there, but its so difficult. I gave up and then it happened, as you will see on my previous posts.xx

EEEEK. Its my Scan tomorrow at NNUH Early Pregnancy Unit, Im so nervous, wont sleep a wink. Im feeling a bit poorly too as ive got a cold

Look forward to hearing your news about the scan

ReputationRep:
    I wish everyone would shut up about their breakfast or Amy Winehouse on Facebook and be quiet for a minute to think about Norway. /rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erich Hartmann)
    How's everyone's summer been? Hope all who were waiting for academic results came through with flying colours.

I just came home this morning, back to work already........... though I wish holidays were an extra week

You already planning for xmas?????? WHOA!!!!!!

Here I just returned from my summer holidays and haven't even thought of what I'm buying for myself for my birthday in sept
    I've been planning xmas since Feb :p: I even got Tamzin a christmas present before she was even born hehe. I've got most of Xander's toys in, he likes cars etc so have got him Tonka sets where you can build cars using interchangeable pieces. I like to be organized and I know with children that's hard but for first few years it's pretty easy to guess what they'll like.

Goodluck!!!!

(Original post by Zenobia)
    I wish everyone would shut up about their breakfast or Amy Winehouse on Facebook and be quiet for a minute to think about Norway. /rant
    Could not agree with you anymore!!!

I'm currently planning the kids christening!!! Got church booked for 15th Jan 2012 12 noon. Finding it really difficult to find a special and unique dress for Tamzin and a 3 piece suit for Xander in shops. Seen a few on Ebay but I don't really want to buy from there because of sizes.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck hun!! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. Hope it all goes well, eek!

So I have had the scan!! I am actually 5 weeks gone! too early for heartbeat but could see the gestational yolk sac and ill have another one in 2 weeks or so. very happy right now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.