Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I lurk too! Not sure I want kids of my own, but loved hearing about yours...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    lol a society won't survive with only lurkers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a poster! But I post and no-one replies. *sniff*

How is everyone? I'm halfway through my second teaching placement tomorrow!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    I'm a poster! But I post and no-one replies. *sniff*

How is everyone? I'm halfway through my second teaching placement tomorrow!
    how are you finding it?

I'm full of cold. Death warmed up springs to mind!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lurker too (sorry!) Although i do look after children and have relatives round all the time.

How is the placement going BP? Is it Primary school?

PMP: hope you feel better soon. Most of my family has been ill over christmas, i was the only one who didn't get ill- thank god as i have waaaay too much work to do!

My mum looks after her partner's grandaughter every week and we gave her a dolls pram for christmas, which she keeps at our house as she lives in a flat. She absolutely loved it, spent all of christmas pushing it into the christmas tree! She also got some new wellies from us, she absolutely loves shoes. My mum brought these cool patterned boots (probably suitable for a children aged 3-4) a few months ago (not for anyone in particular, just because she liked them -yes she's mad! Always collecting for her non-existant grandchildren on our side of the family haha) and the little one loves to wear them, but they are actually too big and fall off all the time. Hence why we got her some wellies for here (i live on a farm by the way!) She spent the whole day wearing them, running up to my mum going "thank you Granny, i love my wellies." she is just too cute, i always laugh when she calls her Granny, she seems too young!!

ReputationRep:
    I just did a test and its a BFP!!! :eek:

I am in such shock! but so excited
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by h82think)

omg!! WOOOOOHOOOO! congrats hun!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    how are you finding it?

I'm full of cold. Death warmed up springs to mind!
    Good, I've found this week hard though, I don't think I rested enough over the weekend, was really busy! Hopefully get my energy and pizazz back for the next 2 weeks. How is everything with the kids? Lydia still as bright as a button?

(Original post by Alexa123)
    Is it Primary School?
    Yes! I'm in a reception class at the moment, really enjoying it but it's hard, late nights and early, early mornings. Tough! How are you?

h82think: Congratulations!

Me and the hubs were talking before and we kind of agreed that in the future when we're more financially secure with permanent contract jobs (well me anyway) we shall try for another. But we'll see, more his idea than mine I think. I just want another girl to hangout with when I'm old, ha

ReputationRep:
    omg!! WOOOOOHOOOO! congrats hun!!
    Thank you Although we wanted another baby, I am surprised it happened so soon considering I am still breastfeeding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h82think)

Congratulations
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Hello
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Hello
    holy **** sherlock! hello! eee how great to see you, how you been? hows your family? x
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    holy **** sherlock! hello! eee how great to see you, how you been? hows your family? x

We're great thanks! Niamh is three now, which just amazes me. Not really sure where the time went! Were living in Las Vegas now with OHs job and he's been away in another state since November with work. He's due home at the end of this month though and then we're TTCing

Have to say it's sooooo lovely to come back and see my old friends on here

How're you, how're the kids?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

We're great thanks! Niamh is three now, which just amazes me. Not really sure where the time went! Were living in Las Vegas now with OHs job and he's been away in another state since November with work. He's due home at the end of this month though and then we're TTCing

Wow Las Vegas, how exciting! Are you enjoying it there?

Can't believe Niamh is three - how fast does time go?! Do we get to see photos?

I'm okay thanks. Kids are alright too, plodding along. Jason is nearly 2 and a half, Alex is 4 and a half, and Lydia is 6 and a half now. Lydia and Alex are in school, Jason still at home. Is Niamh in nursery now?

You're TTCing soon? EEEK how awesome. I bet Niamh would love to be a big sister!

Here's a pic of me and my lot (taken 3 days ago) :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...33514361_n.jpg

kids grow! Really fast!

This society is so quiet these days. Everybody seems to lurk and not post lol.

ReputationRep:

Hello stranger .Cant believe your little girl is now 3, wow how time flies!!.Also, Vegas?....very nice!!!.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Awww what a lovely picture! How good do you look too, you've lost weight! Can't believe the kids are so big, I remember you being pregnant with Jason!

Here's Niamh at Chistmas

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...DSCN1037-1.jpg

I am enjoying it here, just wish OH was here too. He had to leave as soon as we arrived so when he comes home in March it'll be really nice to relax and enjoy it out here. Can't complain too much though, we have a lovely house with a pool and the weather is great and everyone is very friendly so far.

We are both very excited about TTCing though
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Hello stranger .Cant believe your little girl is now 3, wow how time flies!!.Also, Vegas?....very nice!!!.
    Hey great to see you again, how are your kids?

Great to see familiar faces again!

ReputationRep:
    Hey great to see you again, how are your kids?

Great to see familiar faces again!

My kids are good thanks, growing up all the time.Eldest will 16 in September, and his brother will be 14 in December.Its really scary how quick they have got that age, only seems like yesterday they were babies.

Enjoy your little uns while they are that way.........soon enough they'll be grown up.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    BH - aww she's so cute and so grown up!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm a bit of a lurker around here too...

I have a question:

I'm 19 and for the last year or two I've been getting big cravings to be a mum. Now, I'm not just being childish about this - I know I'm not in the ideal situation to have a baby right now as I'm just about to go to uni and me and my boyfriend still can't manage to find a house. But I was wondering -

Do these cravings to be a mum go away?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.