Turn on thread page Beta

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    A solely back fastening sleepsuit sounds nuts. We have some dungarees that are very cute but no nappy access so not a fan. She still hates things going over her head so doing vests etc. bum first. Now we're outgrowing most clothes gifts & I'm buying things practical access is key priority!
    I did a bit of research and it seems they are mainly made for kids with ASD so they don't get into their nappies, which is fair enough. What I don't get is why my relatives thought it would be a good one for the lad. Unless that's how all sleepsuits are in Spain. :dontknow:

Oh well, we tried it for one night. I'll probably put it on ebay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not meaning to be "I I I" but I am the main wage earner and he can't really contribute much financially so from a practical point of view it is very much up to me to be "ready".

He's not set against it. If he'd say he was then that would be different, but he says he wants it, but when it comes down to it he won't actually do the deed. Probably worried but it's okay for him, he has no ticking time bomb for a reproductive system!
    How old are you? Are you worried about how much time you have?

I think the two of you should probably have a proper conversation about expectations; if he's not ready now, when does he think he might be ready? One year, two, five, ten?

I agree with the others, though. It's not just about finances, and you don't really want to have a child with someone who isn't 100% on-board with it from the beginning - that really is just asking for trouble.

On another note, some lesbian friends of mine announced their pregnancy this weekend. Apparently they've been trying since 2010 - using sperm donated from a very kind friend of theirs - and tbh the fact that it's taken them 3 years with ovulation kits etc. makes me worry about how long it might take me! But I also think it's really sweet.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    On another note, some lesbian friends of mine announced their pregnancy this weekend. Apparently they've been trying since 2010 - using sperm donated from a very kind friend of theirs - and tbh the fact that it's taken them 3 years with ovulation kits etc. makes me worry about how long it might take me! But I also think it's really sweet.
    Alex (number 2) took us 8 months of actively trying. Just relax, and don't get stressed about it.
    I conceived the others without even thinking about it. Numbers 1 and 4 were a big shock and Number 3 was a sort of "well we're not trying but it doesn't matter if I get pregnant".

I think if you concentrate too hard on trying to conceive, you sort of get wound up thinking that it's never going to happen, and for some reason that's when you find that it takes longer.

Just go into it with a "not to worry if it doesn't happen" attitude, and you might be pleasantly surprised x

Need to point out I'm not just worried about finances. I know it's not all about that, I just think it's a good idea to be financially ready. I have always wanted kids but wanted to wait until I was sure I could provide - and up until now my partner has been going along with whatever I've said, and saying that when we're ready with solid income we could go for it. It's only now that I genuinely think we're ready that he's putting the brakes on a bit.

I will talk to him, though.

And I'm 23 but have had problems in the past meaning that I may struggle to have children and shouldn't put it off for too long as it could take years anyway.

Ella ages nearly five and Owen aged 19 months x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ella 03 November 2008 and Owen 11 march 2012 both by emergency cesarean section

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the Granny of this society

My boys are aged 17 and (almost) 15.

H was born in 1996 by emergency C section and M was born in 1998 by elective C section.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    you're not a granny yet hun lol x

chances are I'll end up being a granny before you haha
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    out of interest are your kids on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    out of interest are your kids on TSR?

No they,re not, being a member of a forum isnt really their thing

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to be "I I I" but I am the main wage earner and he can't really contribute much financially so from a practical point of view it is very much up to me to be "ready".

He's not set against it. If he'd say he was then that would be different, but he says he wants it, but when it comes down to it he won't actually do the deed. Probably worried but it's okay for him, he has no ticking time bomb for a reproductive system!
    I didn't mean for you to get defensive, so apologies if you feel that way. It's just that all the signs of him not being ready are there. I think you're right you need to have a chat, it could just be cold feet now it's getting closer, he may have been going along with it because he envisaged it to be a lot further away! I hope you manage to get on the same page! x

(Original post by balloon_parade)
    I didn't mean for you to get defensive, so apologies if you feel that way. It's just that all the signs of him not being ready are there. I think you're right you need to have a chat, it could just be cold feet now it's getting closer, he may have been going along with it because he envisaged it to be a lot further away! I hope you manage to get on the same page! x
    Don't worry I know how what I typed sounded. I guess I kind of assume that everyone reading knows my situation but of course you only know what I bother to type so it's my own fault! I've asked him over for a chat this week so I'll discuss things properly. Maybe if he realises I'm terrified too - of the physical aspect of it more than anything - that will put him at ease to discuss his own issues!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I know how what I typed sounded. I guess I kind of assume that everyone reading knows my situation but of course you only know what I bother to type so it's my own fault! I've asked him over for a chat this week so I'll discuss things properly. Maybe if he realises I'm terrified too - of the physical aspect of it more than anything - that will put him at ease to discuss his own issues!
    Good luck with it! x

ReputationRep:
    Happy Halloween all! We are off out Trick or Treating soon! Then scary movies and apple bobbing. Kids= Reliving your childhood! :biggrin:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Happy halloween

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...32806023_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...33054793_n.jpg
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    How is everyone doing? Christmas present-buying is seriously rendering us broke. It's getting a bit stressful actually! However Amazon's Black Friday deals are helping...a little!

How are all the kiddies?

Mine are...well let's see :

Lydia has a cold, but she's fine.
    Alex is also fine.
    Jason is full of cold and a bit grumpy.
    Nathan is teething, has a bit of a cold, and is going through the 4 month sleep regression thing - so that's not so fun!

Hi guys

I think I might be pregnant! We've been trying for a few months or so and this month my period is now either 8 or 4 days late, depending on what my cycle actually is. (I think it's probably 8 days late.)

I did a PG test 4 days ago, which was negative, so I've left it for a few days and will test again in a bit, but it's pretty uncommon for me to be this late. Well, it's by far the latest I've been since coming off the pill anyway.

I've also started having a few symptoms, perhaps - one of which is that today and yesterday I've been feeling a little queasy, and both days it came on at precisely 4pm!

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Very exciting.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Oh gosh that's exciting news! Keep us posted!

Hi guys

I think I might be pregnant! We've been trying for a few months or so and this month my period is now either 8 or 4 days late, depending on what my cycle actually is. (I think it's probably 8 days late.)

I did a PG test 4 days ago, which was negative, so I've left it for a few days and will test again in a bit, but it's pretty uncommon for me to be this late. Well, it's by far the latest I've been since coming off the pill anyway.

I've also started having a few symptoms, perhaps - one of which is that today and yesterday I've been feeling a little queasy, and both days it came on at precisely 4pm!

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Very exciting.
    I have my fingers crossed for you .

My partner has just got a job so has uttered the words "if you want to try for a baby, I could support us both if you need to take time off". This wasn't even prompted by me, which is a breakthrough.

I kept thinking I wanted to own my own place before trying, but who knows how long it will take (both I mean), and even then I'll have the best part of a year to find somewhere to buy. Partner has his own flat so we'd have somewhere to go & would just have to put up with renting - like millions of people manage to do without complaining!! Finances are great now he's landed this job, mortgage won't be a problem and we'd only need about 40% anyway so the next time we see something we like it SHOULD be okay. In theory.

So yeah. Don't know how to feel now he's said that. I enjoyed talking about it when it wasn't real, now I'm a bit scared LOL. But I suppose it's the only way unless they quickly invent a new one.. haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    How is everyone doing? Christmas present-buying is seriously rendering us broke. It's getting a bit stressful actually! However Amazon's Black Friday deals are helping...a little!

How are all the kiddies?

Mine are...well let's see :

Lydia has a cold, but she's fine.
    Alex is also fine.
    Jason is full of cold and a bit grumpy.
    Nathan is teething, has a bit of a cold, and is going through the 4 month sleep regression thing - so that's not so fun!
    We haven't even really started Christmas present buying yet (we are notoriously unorganised!) but luckily my girls are still pacified by relatively cheap items. Bella wants a hamster and Milly wants the Minnie Mouse Polka dot Jet so we will do a list and sort out everyone else and then pick up bits for the girls on the way. We're going to Center Parcs again for New Year so that is part of their present too really.

Glad to hear your children are mainly fine! Is having 4 anything like you expected? What have you gone for on the Black Friday deals, any good?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.