Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    While there is of course no guarantee that a healthy scan at 6 weeks will stick. It is more of a positive sign than not having had that scan and increases the chances of all being ok. Hope that you get good news on the 2nd.

On another topic, how long did people have morning sickness for? I'm now 15 weeks and still really struggling
    About 16 weeks - then pretty suddenly stopped! Although an URTI got retching going again temporarily...

I'm sure you'll know it can go on for the whole pregnancy though... if you've tried the ginger biscuits/acupressure bands etc. then I also tried lavender (scented candle I carried around), gaviscon chewable tabs (strawberry - yum) & constant access to carbs to snack on (mini-cheddars my weapon of choice that took the edge of) & drank a huge volume of squash as soon as I woke up/pre bed so that the acid was at least diluted when I invariably had my mane/nocte vomiting bouts. Downside is I think I have been conditioned so that ginger/lavender now make me feel sick!
    I had some good sick bags I ordered online (with these crystal things that gelled it together, scent & strips/sticky sealing thing) for vomiting on the commute/ward round.

Anon - fingers crossed for you. We had a (private) early scan at 6+4 & saw a heartbeat that stuck (although I obsessed over yolk sac measurements etc etc) - seeing a heartbeat at 6/40 does majorly reduce the risk of miscarriage & even further again if one is seen at 8/40.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    About 16 weeks - then pretty suddenly stopped! Although an URTI got retching going again temporarily...

I'm sure you'll know it can go on for the whole pregnancy though... if you've tried the ginger biscuits/acupressure bands etc. then I also tried lavender (scented candle I carried around), gaviscon chewable tabs (strawberry - yum) & constant access to carbs to snack on (mini-cheddars my weapon of choice that took the edge of) & drank a huge volume of squash as soon as I woke up/pre bed so that the acid was at least diluted when I invariably had my mane/nocte vomiting bouts. Downside is I think I have been conditioned so that ginger/lavender now make me feel sick!
    I had some good sick bags I ordered online (with these crystal things that gelled it together, scent & strips/sticky sealing thing) for vomiting on the commute/ward round.

Anon - fingers crossed for you. We had a (private) early scan at 6+4 & saw a heartbeat that stuck (although I obsessed over yolk sac measurements etc etc) - seeing a heartbeat at 6/40 does majorly reduce the risk of miscarriage & even further again if one is seen at 8/40.
    Might look in to sick bags if this continues much longer as it would be useful! Am doing all that I can re: eating regularly, ginger, acupressure bands etc but without much luck. At least it is better than it was. Fingers crossed it goes soon as I would rather not feel like This for another 5 months!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So, I'm now something like 15 days late but tests still negative - think this means I'm probably not pregnant but I don't really know what's going on with my body... never been anything like this late before! It's a pain it has to happen now.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So, I'm now something like 15 days late but tests still negative - think this means I'm probably not pregnant but I don't really know what's going on with my body... never been anything like this late before! It's a pain it has to happen now.
    Go and see your doctor. Sometimes women randomly skip periods for absolutely no reason whatsoever! Clearly not great as it's stressful haha but it happens.

--

My partner seems to be pretty serious about the whole "baby" thing now. I'm talking to him to make sure he really means it before we actually do anything about it, as I'm wary that he might just be saying it to shut me up. But I do think he's being genuine. We'll see anyway! Very exciting if he is, of course.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hows everyone doing?

Anon 3 - have you started properly TTCing? How exciting that your boyfriend is on board with it now, but are you still feeling scared?

Anon 14 - any period yet?

randdom - how's the sickness? I hope it has eased off a bit.

As for me, I'm gonna be 30 in two days time. I may cry

In other news, my Alex is getting into the Christmas spirit lol

He's very proud of himself for memorising this, because he kept cocking it in before bless him lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i225ppohi1ldwk8/SAM_1685.MP4

Not hugely sure he's gonna be on BGT but he does try his best

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

Anon 3 - have you started properly TTCing? How exciting that your boyfriend is on board with it now, but are you still feeling scared?
    We did, briefly (didn't work but didn't expect it to the first time) but, such is life, other things get in the way. Boyfriend's brother isn't well, and it looks like a long road for treatment so obviously depending on how long the road it's not the best time to be trying.

I'm gutted, but I know that it is exceptional circumstances and our time will still come - I'm just trying to be there for him now as he'll be busy with his job, taking his brother to appointments (his brother doesn't drive and the hospital is an hour away) etc so trying to make everything as stress free as possible.. and I don't think a newborn would come under that category lol.

He does seem disappointed too. I think the whole thing has given him a new sense of how important life is and how we should grasp it.. but yeah at the moment there's no time for sex, let alone productive sex .

Also I'm not that scared anymore, I think it was the shock of him saying we could try, and changing an idea into potential reality. But we talked things through extensively (he was nervous so this helped) and he was worrying about really really silly things that were easily solved. So knowing he will be there and that it's something he wants now we've discussed his reservations is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)

randdom - how's the sickness? I hope it has eased off a bit.

Had been getting better but had a bit of a bad couple of days. There is a definite upward trend!

ReputationRep:
    Long time no post

Now 22 weeks pregnant (or will be tomorrow) with a baby who doesn't want us to know if he or she is a boy or a girl, but loves kicking me (especially my bladder). Had three healthy scans, got some gorgeous pictures of a baby with a lovely upturned button nose and a pout :awesome: Oh and we have tentative names

Hope everyone's doing ok!

This may sound odd but Randdom... are we speaking elsewhere too? A certain parenting forum?

Oh and here is Mini Madders at 20 weeks -
    Name:  1463069_552467051509507_218726584_n.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  31.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Long time no post

Now 22 weeks pregnant (or will be tomorrow) with a baby who doesn't want us to know if he or she is a boy or a girl, but loves kicking me (especially my bladder). Had three healthy scans, got some gorgeous pictures of a baby with a lovely upturned button nose and a pout :awesome: Oh and we have tentative names

Hope everyone's doing ok!

This may sound odd but Randdom... are we speaking elsewhere too? A certain parenting forum?

Oh and here is Mini Madders at 20 weeks -
    Name:  1463069_552467051509507_218726584_n.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  31.5 KB
    We are
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by randdom)
    Had been getting better but had a bit of a bad couple of days. There is a definite upward trend!
    Yeah, you're definitely doing better now. Even though you are still being sick occasionally, the day-to-day feeling sick for long periods has eased a lot. If you are sick now it's after a short time of feeling unwell, rather than several hours of it!

ReputationRep:
    Why do I hate everyone?

Hormones. Gah. :sad:

I'm pregnant!

I have no idea how far along I am though - I only got that positive test some days after my *second* missed period - or about 35-40 days after the first one. So I could be 4 or 8 weeks along... I'm thinking probably 4, but who knows? Will phone up the doctor and make an appointment with them later this week. Will they want to do more tests or will they be happy with the fact that I've done two at home?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pregnant!

I have no idea how far along I am though - I only got that positive test some days after my *second* missed period - or about 35-40 days after the first one. So I could be 4 or 8 weeks along... I'm thinking probably 4, but who knows? Will phone up the doctor and make an appointment with them later this week. Will they want to do more tests or will they be happy with the fact that I've done two at home?
    With my second pregnancy I too missed 2 periods and was 9 weeks pregnant, so you might be as well. Congratulations Anon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pregnant!

Congrats

They probably won't retest but they might get you an early dating scan to see what your dates are.

Might be worth trying a clear blue digital one if you can afford it as if you are 4 weeks it should say 1-2 or 3+ if over 8 weeks. They aren't really reliable but might give you some idea!

I'm doing nights currently it sucks as my nausea is worse and I am shattered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys!

I'm quite excited - going to make a GP appointment today; I hope they do give me a scan because it would be nice to know how far along I am. In this situation can I bring my partner along to the GP appointments?

Basically after typing the possibilities into a due date calculator I could be anything between 4 and 10 weeks pregnant!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

I'm quite excited - going to make a GP appointment today; I hope they do give me a scan because it would be nice to know how far along I am. In this situation can I bring my partner along to the GP appointments?
    You can always bring someone with you to GP appointments

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats anon .

I have no idea why I keep coming to this thread considering circumstances mean we can't do babies this year as planned.

However.

My partner and I have completely switched roles - he's pushing for babies and I'm saying no, leave it. I know why he's doing it. We've stopped thinking about it (well, I have) because his brother has just been diagnosed with cancer and it's not looking great so it will be a tough year. I know there's no right time for a baby, but obviously this is a completely unusual situation and it would be stupid to actively plan something as life changing as a baby with all this going on. But, because he can't accept what's happening with his brother, he doesn't understand why I don't want to do it anymore, then thinks I've changed my mind about me and him (of course I haven't) oh dear..

He doesn't understand that, unless we have some kind of minor miracle, we'll be lucky to still have his brother next year - and regardless of the outcome we have months of treatment ahead to try and rally him through. So not the right time, but he has his head in the sand about it so yeah.

Just thought I'd cheer you all up (sorrryyy..)!

Congrats anon .

I have no idea why I keep coming to this thread considering circumstances mean we can't do babies this year as planned.

However.

My partner and I have completely switched roles - he's pushing for babies and I'm saying no, leave it. I know why he's doing it. We've stopped thinking about it (well, I have) because his brother has just been diagnosed with cancer and it's not looking great so it will be a tough year. I know there's no right time for a baby, but obviously this is a completely unusual situation and it would be stupid to actively plan something as life changing as a baby with all this going on. But, because he can't accept what's happening with his brother, he doesn't understand why I don't want to do it anymore, then thinks I've changed my mind about me and him (of course I haven't) oh dear..

He doesn't understand that, unless we have some kind of minor miracle, we'll be lucky to still have his brother next year - and regardless of the outcome we have months of treatment ahead to try and rally him through. So not the right time, but he has his head in the sand about it so yeah.

Just thought I'd cheer you all up (sorrryyy..)!
    So, do you think he's in denial about the seriousness of his brother's illness?

It's sad that all of this is happening right now, but at least he's positive about having kids at some point down the line. Hopefully you'll be able to convince him satisfactorily that now isn't the right time.

(My boyfriend's aunt has been diagnosed with cancer in the past few months. It's not a great time for all of this to be happening, but it seemed like after a few months of trying giving up would have been too disappointing.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.