Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    My Jason started primary school yesterday. That's 3 of them now! *cries*!

So bittersweet. I'm so proud of them but t they're growing so fast.

Just my little Nathan at home now, and even he's growing too fast! I thought he only had 7 teeth but I found an extra 3 this morning!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...69349951_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...44156415_o.jpg
    Your kids are so cute xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Herbie will be here before you know it, keep stalking you to see if any news yet.

28 week appoint today, got a really bad feeling about it.

Still can't decide if it's a good thing or not to still be able to do my size 8 jeans up, everyone sure is telling me not.
    Pregnant effects everyone's body differently. It doesn't mean there is definitely a problem and you are seeing the right person to investigate if there is. It is always best to know with these things. Try to stay positive

My Jason started primary school yesterday. That's 3 of them now! *cries*!

So bittersweet. I'm so proud of them but t they're growing so fast.

Just my little Nathan at home now, and even he's growing too fast! I thought he only had 7 teeth but I found an extra 3 this morning!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...69349951_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...44156415_o.jpg
    They are getting so big now!!

Isaac has his second set of jabs this afternoon I am dreading it

ReputationRep:
    Definitely lost my mucus plug this morning - so hopefully we're not far off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Definitely lost my mucus plug this morning - so hopefully we're not far off!
    Progress!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Progress!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another bit this afternoon! Just as big. TMI warning: I was standing up after having a wee and I heard this 'SPLAT' on the floor, and looked down and saw another big mucus glob. I had a poke at this one and it's weird - looks like snot but actually is much stronger, I couldn't even pull it apart. /TMI

Anyway, also getting contractions half an hour apart and have been feeling a bit sick, so this could be the start of things... but we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    Another bit this afternoon! Just as big. TMI warning: I was standing up after having a wee and I heard this 'SPLAT' on the floor, and looked down and saw another big mucus glob. I had a poke at this one and it's weird - looks like snot but actually is much stronger, I couldn't even pull it apart. /TMI

Anyway, also getting contractions half an hour apart and have been feeling a bit sick, so this could be the start of things... but we'll see.
    Good luck

Hopefully soon we will be hearing all about him
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    random how did the jabs go?
    I still need to take Nathan for his MMR jab. It's meant to be at 13 months (he's nearly 14 months old) but I'm delaying it for a bit 'till he's about 18 months or so.

kater - ooh goody! come on baby!

I think Lydia and I have nits Guess what a fun day I'm gonna have tomorrow....

ReputationRep:
    random how did the jabs go?
    I still need to take Nathan for his MMR jab. It's meant to be at 13 months (he's nearly 14 months old) but I'm delaying it for a bit 'till he's about 18 months or so.

kater - ooh goody! come on baby!

I think Lydia and I have nits Guess what a fun day I'm gonna have tomorrow....
    Jabs weren't as bad at the time as the first set but afterwards were worse. Lots of clingyness and crying that evening and I think the rota virus one gave him tummy pain. Luckily didn't seem to impact on his sleeping.

Any reason you are waiting to 18 months? The only reason I am asking us that in Brighton we are having a bit if a measles resurgence. If you are waiting a bit might be worth making sure there isn't one in your area as I imagine he will come in contact with lots of other kids through the others?

Nits yuck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So... I gave birth to an 8lb3 baby boy, Sébastien, on Wednesday at 12:50. It was an odd labour, I was still having very irregular contractions just an hour before I hit 10cm, then had him just over an hour later. Did it off my face on gas and air, but didn't get the water birth because everything just proceeded too quickly!

We're doing well at home though my nipples are feeling super sore from all the feeding, and my left breast is painfully engorged as of today .

Sébastien is lovely and sweet, and only realy gets grumpy when he's very hungry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    So... I gave birth to an 8lb3 baby boy, Sébastien, on Wednesday at 12:50. It was an odd labour, I was still having very irregular contractions just an hour before I hit 10cm, then had him just over an hour later. Did it off my face on gas and air, but didn't get the water birth because everything just proceeded too quickly!

We're doing well at home though my nipples are feeling super sore from all the feeding, and my left breast is painfully engorged as of today .

Sébastien is lovely and sweet, and only realy gets grumpy when he's very hungry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations he is gorgeous!

Excellent name (is one of Isaacs middle names I love it!)

I am glad the labour went well and hope breastfeeding becomes more comfortable soon. Have you got lansinoh cream?
    X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations Kater he's lovely!!

Callie is 5 months old now, can't believe how fast it's gone!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=324391&stc=1

ReputationRep:
    that was me, damn anonymous!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I've never seen this thread before . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations he is gorgeous!

Excellent name (is one of Isaacs middle names I love it!)

I am glad the labour went well and hope breastfeeding becomes more comfortable soon. Have you got lansinoh cream?
    X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do, and that does help, though tbh the nipple pain I was feeling was nothing compared to the engorgement pain! Plus I think it'll settle down a bit now that my milk is in, he doesn't seem to have to suck as hard for it.

ReputationRep:
    I do, and that does help, though tbh the nipple pain I was feeling was nothing compared to the engorgement pain! Plus I think it'll settle down a bit now that my milk is in, he doesn't seem to have to suck as hard for it.
    Have you tried savoy cabbage? I never really had problems with it but my friends did and said a leaf in each bra cup was really soothing.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried savoy cabbage? I never really had problems with it but my friends did and said a leaf in each bra cup was really soothing.
    Ha, that's what the midwife said actually. Luckily it's kind of receding now - still painful but the worst is definitely over. I'm mostly just making sure I heat the breast with a hot water bottle before each feed so that Sébastien can get the milk out, or he'll just attach and then get frustrated after 5 seconds and start fussing.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Kater he's gorgeous! Congratulations!
    ouch breast engorgement in the first week or two is awful! Just battle through it hun, it does get easier. In a couple of months you'll have forgotten you ever had any pain at all x

randdom - I'm waiting until 18 months because Lydia and Alex both had unpleasant reactions to the MMR when they had it at 13 months, so we waited for Jason until 18 months and he fared better, so we're doing the same for Nathan. We're not in an area where there has been a measles outbreak so I think we're okay.

madders - it goes soooo fast I know!

Edminzodo - we've been around a few years

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask, did anyone get a bitter taste in your mouth early on in pregnancy? I don't want to get to hopeful but I have a funny feeling about it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    Can I just ask, did anyone get a bitter taste in your mouth early on in pregnancy? I don't want to get to hopeful but I have a funny feeling about it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't personally but everyone is different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't but I know people who did

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.