Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by donutaud15)
    Would your doctor not prescribed any medication for pcos?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cant get fertility help until weve been trying for 6 months.
    Couldnt take the metformin either as it made me ill

basically on my own for 6 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cant get fertility help until weve been trying for 6 months.
    Couldnt take the metformin either as it made me ill

basically on my own for 6 months
    I was told to try for a year before medication guess I'm gonna try and ask for it now.

Feel for you as i'm the same. Fingers crossedfor you

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by donutaud15)
    I was told to try for a year before medication guess I'm gonna try and ask for it now.

Feel for you as i'm the same. Fingers crossedfor you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just double checked my letter from endocrinology and it says when i start trying for a baby, if iv had no luck in 6 months then to ask my dr for a referal to the fertility clinic.

just sick of being unclear of what my bodies doing, other than giving me horrific cramps

ReputationRep:
    Just double checked my letter from endocrinology and it says when i start trying for a baby, if iv had no luck in 6 months then to ask my dr for a referal to the fertility clinic.

just sick of being unclear of what my bodies doing, other than giving me horrific cramps
    It sucks especially the long and uncertain cycles but hang in there

I was told that if I don't get pregnant after a year of trying I could start taking medication. I could start now but the doctor said I'm a little young to start on it but if I decided she'll start me on the tablets

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Ladies, a bit of help please?

Baby is 8 weeks old on Wednesday and I'm pretty sure he's too overtired. I think this because he always looks wide awake and alert - too wide awake and alert, even after being awake for hours, and sometimes takes ages to be put down to bed - like tonight which was just a battle as he had crazy awake eyes but I could just see the poor mite was absolutely shattered.

Is this about the time we should have set nap times? How can I get him to sleep before he gets too overtired? Are there any hints your babies give you?
    Set nap times for an 8 week old? No definitely not - way too young for any sort of routine to be set in stone. Just hang in there.

(Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Chelsea-Grace was born 17.24 weighing 6lb5oz yesterday (15th). Bit upset with a horrendous 12 hour labour that should nto have happened resulting in an EMCS. Refused to accept my contractions were doing anything until my OH insisted the check after 8 hours without seeing anyone at all and was fully dilated so majorly rushed and a very close call for a breech natural birth on no pain relief. Absolutely exhausted but she is feeding like a dream at the moment and I just can't take my eyes off her!
    congratulations!
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Not even sure why im bothering trying for a kid. My last period started 42 days ago. Its so difficult with PCOS

ordered a fertility kit off amazon (BBT thermometer, 20 ovulation tests and 10 pregnancy tests) not sur if it will make it easier or not
    I think it depends on the type of person you are. I found temping and doing ovulation tests helpful but then I am a bit of a control freak. To be honest your best bet is probably doing things every other day it gives you the best chance of their being sperm their when you ovulate I am pretty sure it was that rather than measuring my bbt and taking ovulation tests which actually helped.

(Original post by randdom)
    I think it depends on the type of person you are. I found temping and doing ovulation tests helpful but then I am a bit of a control freak. To be honest your best bet is probably doing things every other day it gives you the best chance of their being sperm their when you ovulate I am pretty sure it was that rather than measuring my bbt and taking ovulation tests which actually helped.
    Mine and my partners sleep pattern is on complete opposite atm so its difficult to do it so much as when im awake and ready hes tired, which i know doesnt help things.
    but also the fact i may not release an egg for months at a time due to the PCOS, so im hoping ovulation tests may help.
    going to talk to my dr about it all tomorrow though i think

I am fairly PCOS-y and have long cycles (35-37 days) but do still ovulate regularly & found tests quite helpful to confirm the usual cycle timings or LH surge after miscarriage. We're also up against the partner working away thing - so handy to know when ovulation is likely then concentrate plenty of sex around then!

Is your BMI within normal? That's probably the single most helpful thing if you're PCOS & what I really need to get back to after all this comfort eating after the miscarriages... :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Im pretty happy I've found this thread. This is my story and I would want to hear what you guys think...

In March this year I had a natural miscarriage arounf 6-7 weeks. I got pregnant for the first time on the first attempt.
    (Even though I had the most annoying experience with the hospital, with a nurse saying I hadn't miscarried even though I knew I had at home)
    Eventually it was confirmed with a scan in which I was told it's all come away naturally and just to go home and rest and carry on as normal.
    So moving on I had very irregular periods since my miscarriage even though before I got pregnant I was always regular I had a period every month.
    I went to my GP twice since then who said just to not worry and it hasn't been very long since my miscarriage and was sure me and my DH were both healthy because we got pregnant n the first attempt.

Just last week I went back to my GP because I haven't had a period since the last week of September! I am worried it's PCOS. But my gp has referred me to a scan soon.
    She said it's hard for her to make a judgement because I could be pregnant even a week or so. I did take a test on the morning a week ago when i went to my gp it was a negative.
    I'm really worried could my miscarriage have now given me PCOS? I was always regular but thats stopped since my miscarriage.

I forgot to add that I am 24 years old. So my doctor is reluctant to give any medicene etc saying it's still too soon. But it's almost coming onto a year and she did mention clomid.

ReputationRep:
    Just been go doctors and I was given metformin. If anyone has taken it for pcos and while ttc, what are your experience of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to add that I am 24 years old. So my doctor is reluctant to give any medicene etc saying it's still too soon. But it's almost coming onto a year and she did mention clomid.
    You're a couple of years older than me so it might be different. Clomid was mentioned for me but the doctor is very reluctant to refer me to fertility clinic because of my age. I was told that really I would have to be ttc for at least 2 years before they consider it. Maybe it's my GP though so worth talking to your GP and maybe get a second opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My doctor did say a year since the miscarriage then I'll be tested etc so I need to wait until March 2015 and then will give me clomid. But when I went to my latest appointment I was told by GP to give it another 6 months. But said we will decide once you have had your scan and see what is happening. My gp keeps saying I'm young and it hasn't been long since the miscarriage but I'm finding that frustrating but was glad that I have been referred for a scan because of no period since September so some progress and if any issues ill be referred to a gyaneacologist.
    I know other gps in the surgery are more proactive if thats the right word. As my GP is relucatant to prescribe any medication for anything and often refuses blood tests :|

She mentioed symptoms of PCOS and said that I'm not over weight nor do I have any other symptoms. The only sympton is that I have had irregular periods since March since my miscarriage I mean the period I had in September was 5 weeks after my August one and I was happy thinking finally I'm regular. But nothing since! I think since March I've had 4 periods
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    She mentioed symptoms of PCOS and said that I'm not over weight nor do I have any other symptoms. The only sympton is that I have had irregular periods since March since my miscarriage I mean the period I had in September was 5 weeks after my August one and I was happy thinking finally I'm regular. But nothing since! I think since March I've had 4 periods
    It seems a bit strange that you would have had normal periods and no indication of PCOS and then suddenly develop problems from PCOS after your miscarriage though it is possible. Unfortunately sometimes it can take a while for your body to get back to normal following a miscarriage so that might be why you aren't ovulating as regularly. Unfortunately as hard as it is it is just a case of trying and with most people it will happen within a year. If not regardless of your age your GP should be considering investigation or referral.

Hope things work out for you soon.

I've started my period! :|

I don't know if I should be relieved or upset. I mean I'm thining at least I've started so my cycles haven't stopped? Does that mean im ovulating?
    But then I'm upset that I'm still not pregnant.

Do I have pcos or not?
    I'm worried if they will find something terrible in the scan.

It seems a bit strange that you would have had normal periods and no indication of PCOS and then suddenly develop problems from PCOS after your miscarriage though it is possible. Unfortunately sometimes it can take a while for your body to get back to normal following a miscarriage so that might be why you aren't ovulating as regularly. Unfortunately as hard as it is it is just a case of trying and with most people it will happen within a year. If not regardless of your age your GP should be considering investigation or referral.

Hope things work out for you soon.
    Thank you for replying. Yes she did say the same considering I had the scan in March when I miscarried and they said my ovaries and tubes were fine. Google is the worst because it just makes this worse but I can't help it. I mean most cases I've read a lot of women and their cycles go back to normal after a while. It's been 9 months for me. I really want to get pregnant. And I'm starting to think the worse tht I might never have children. I've got awful cramps today.
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you for replying. Yes she did say the same considering I had the scan in March when I miscarried and they said my ovaries and tubes were fine. Google is the worst because it just makes this worse but I can't help it. I mean most cases I've read a lot of women and their cycles go back to normal after a while. It's been 9 months for me. I really want to get pregnant. And I'm starting to think the worse tht I might never have children. I've got awful cramps today.
    Have you tried monitoring your bbt? It isn't for everyone as it can make the whole thing a bit more clinical. However if you are stressing it can give you something to focus on and help you to pick up when you are ovulating so you can be sure that you optimise those times.

No,i dont.But we dtd often enough.Got my appointment letter through the post for the scan and its before Christmas. If they say everything is fine,il wait for a month or two then go onto clomid. Annoying thing was when i got pregnant didnt even think i would be pregnant when i was late.that happines was short lived. My dh is optimistic saying were both young etc i dont know . . .
    Have you tried monitoring your bbt? It isn't for everyone as it can make the whole thing a bit more clinical. However if you are stressing it can give you something to focus on and help you to pick up when you are ovulating so you can be sure that you optimise those times.

Hi all,

Im pretty happy I've found this thread. This is my story and I would want to hear what you guys think...

In March this year I had a natural miscarriage arounf 6-7 weeks. I got pregnant for the first time on the first attempt.
    (Even though I had the most annoying experience with the hospital, with a nurse saying I hadn't miscarried even though I knew I had at home)
    Eventually it was confirmed with a scan in which I was told it's all come away naturally and just to go home and rest and carry on as normal.
    So moving on I had very irregular periods since my miscarriage even though before I got pregnant I was always regular I had a period every month.
    I went to my GP twice since then who said just to not worry and it hasn't been very long since my miscarriage and was sure me and my DH were both healthy because we got pregnant n the first attempt.

Just last week I went back to my GP because I haven't had a period since the last week of September! I am worried it's PCOS. But my gp has referred me to a scan soon.
    She said it's hard for her to make a judgement because I could be pregnant even a week or so. I did take a test on the morning a week ago when i went to my gp it was a negative.
    I'm really worried could my miscarriage have now given me PCOS? I was always regular but thats stopped since my miscarriage.
    I know I'm only one person, but my periods were all over the place after my miscarriage. For about 14 months I didn't really know when to expect them. Mine have settled down now, and there was never any other explanation found other than the MC. However, I was obviously stressed and highly emotional for a while after it, and then the irregular periods made me more stressed, coupled with the fact that I was desperate to conceive (4 years on and I'm glad I didn't because it just wasn't right) to replace the baby (which was unplanned) that I'd lost.. so that may have made me irregular. Who knows. Anyhow they're fine now (and ironically my partner has made a few comments along the lines of he's ready, so off we go again..)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.