The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Aww, congratulations! Is this your first pregnancy?

Yep, been trying for a few cycles, first ever +ve
Hey guys,

Had my appointment with the midwife today. Baby's heartbeat was healthy and thhe baby was quite active could hear the shuffling lol.
Only 10 days till 5 month scan. :smile:
Got my BFP at the end of last week :smile: Puts me at 4+2... a long way to go - almost feels ridiculously early to be celebrating! Have already ended up on anti-emetics to try and control my nausea though... really, really hope they work!

Congratulations! Very good news :smile:
Hi guys,

Slightly concerned. On Saturday I went to the loo and did my business as you would but just when I finished I hadd some extra water come out, clear water, but I wasnt sure if it was urine or something else. I wasn't in pain or anything like that but I naturally got worried so rang the numbers available from the purple pregnancy book at the back. I was eventually told to go to a walk in centre next to the hospital and if they thought anything was a concern they would refer me to a epau. So I went and saw the doctor who took my bp and checked my urine and asked a couple of questions and said I'm sure your fine. As long as it was just that once and you are not still leaking water.
Since Saturay I have been fine normal and haven't had that incident happen again. Now my husband thinks it was extra urine from the pressure on the bladder and also the fact that I'm am drinking so much more water.

My midwife is avilable tomorrow as it is Tuesday but I think I've been going more than usual anyway and I have my 5 month scan on Saturday. Should I just wait it out? Or ask to hear the heartbeat for piece of mind?
Hi guys,

Slightly concerned. On Saturday I went to the loo and did my business as you would but just when I finished I hadd some extra water come out, clear water, but I wasnt sure if it was urine or something else. I wasn't in pain or anything like that but I naturally got worried so rang the numbers available from the purple pregnancy book at the back. I was eventually told to go to a walk in centre next to the hospital and if they thought anything was a concern they would refer me to a epau. So I went and saw the doctor who took my bp and checked my urine and asked a couple of questions and said I'm sure your fine. As long as it was just that once and you are not still leaking water.
Since Saturay I have been fine normal and haven't had that incident happen again. Now my husband thinks it was extra urine from the pressure on the bladder and also the fact that I'm am drinking so much more water.

My midwife is avilable tomorrow as it is Tuesday but I think I've been going more than usual anyway and I have my 5 month scan on Saturday. Should I just wait it out? Or ask to hear the heartbeat for piece of mind?

I would wait it out. I found quite a bit as pregnancy progressed that where she was sat I would be desperate for a wee, literally wee a few drops, she would shift and it would suddenly appear. If baby is still moving hearing the heartbeat won't tell you much else.
Thank you for the reply. I have decided to wait it out as others have also said they think it was wee and to be honest past few days it felt like the baby was right on my bladder. It's hard to tell with baby movements as I doubt at times it was the baby which I felt. But I know if I did hear the heartbeat today I'd be reassured till Saturdays scan however I want to have faith because from 5-9 months I wont be having scans and I'll have to just have faith in most cases. I can't keep running to the midwife to hear a heartbeat.
Thank you for the reply. I have decided to wait it out as others have also said they think it was wee and to be honest past few days it felt like the baby was right on my bladder. It's hard to tell with baby movements as I doubt at times it was the baby which I felt. But I know if I did hear the heartbeat today I'd be reassured till Saturdays scan however I want to have faith because from 5-9 months I wont be having scans and I'll have to just have faith in most cases. I can't keep running to the midwife to hear a heartbeat.

Once you hit 24 weeks movements are almost undeniable. It does massively help you relax. I was worried about the 4 months without a scan but in the end it flew by and I knew baby was fine due to movements. In the last fortnight ended up with a lot of scans because of being breech and small but I dont think I would have missed them if I hadn't of had them. Trust your body, it knows what it is doing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys,

Well I had my scan on Saturday, everything went great. The little one was very active that the sonographer said she would check what ever came in front of her first rather than followng a checklist order. lol .

However yesterday I went to the toilet and when I wiped I saw a light pink dot. I would say the size of a lentil or a bit smaller. So I wiped again and nothing since then. But I haven't felt any movements since that happened yesterday.

I am getting frustrated with myself because I said I would be fine after the scan and I was Saturday and Sunday and then yesterday afternoon that hapened.

What should I do? My next midwife appointment is 26th May which is 3 weeks away. I was waiting in the morning to feel movements.
Yesterday I actually saw my tummy being prodded from the inside twice. But nothing since yesterday 3pm.
Bleeding is usually only something to worry about if it's bright red and if it's accompanied with pain/cramping. As it was just a little spot and nothing else and if you're not feeling unusual then I think it's unlikely to be anything to worry about. (Going to sound gross, but have you recently been for a number 2 because sometimes that can slightly cut your bum and it could've been a spot of blood from that rather than the cervix).

Another thing is that small amounts of bleeding in pregnancy is quite common and usually nothing to worry about. Of course if you get anymore or if you are really worried you could phone your midwife for reassurance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sazzy890
Bleeding is usually only something to worry about if it's bright red and if it's accompanied with pain/cramping. As it was just a little spot and nothing else and if you're not feeling unusual then I think it's unlikely to be anything to worry about. (Going to sound gross, but have you recently been for a number 2 because sometimes that can slightly cut your bum and it could've been a spot of blood from that rather than the cervix).

Another thing is that small amounts of bleeding in pregnancy is quite common and usually nothing to worry about. Of course if you get anymore or if you are really worried you could phone your midwife for reassurance.

Hey, thanks for the reply. The surgery managed to get back to me and the midwives were lovely and squeezed me in. I was starting to think it could be UTI but my urine was clear. They checked the heartbeat and baby kept moving lol. So thankfully everything was okay and they told me it's nothing to worry about as it hasnt happened again and that at this point with an increase in discharge you could get pink discharge as well.
Glad everything is OK :smile:
Really struggling with hyperemesis at the moment. Initially was put on promethazine and prochlorperazine at 4 weeks, helped for about 10 days then nausea worsened again. Yesterday swapped the prochlorperazine for cyclizine and waiting for pharmacy to have ondansetron back in stock to add that in as well. Been off sick today just feeling lousy, retching if I move, barely eating or drinking :frown:

Anyone have any tips they found particularly helpful? I'll try anything at the moment as I know the next step probably involves needles...
I really struggled with sickness. I found cyclizine helpful though it did make me absolutely exhausted. I know it is what everyone said but I genuinely found eating little and often helped (Not that it didn't stop me from vomiting but it slightly increased the amount that I could keep down. I also found that once I identified a food that triggered my nausea I should avoid it like the plague and if I found a food that I could tolerate it I just ate that until I didn't like it any more. For me it was a lot of mango but it can vary. I also found flat coke very helpful and it was good as it got some sugar into me.
Hey, thanks for the reply. The surgery managed to get back to me and the midwives were lovely and squeezed me in. I was starting to think it could be UTI but my urine was clear. They checked the heartbeat and baby kept moving lol. So thankfully everything was okay and they told me it's nothing to worry about as it hasnt happened again and that at this point with an increase in discharge you could get pink discharge as well.

Glad all is well :biggrin: I bled, as in heavier than period bleed, for about 9 weeks. Was a mess by the time it stopped!

Did you find out what little bean is or are you keeping it a surprise?

Chesea-Grace is nearly 6 months old. Time has flown and my gosh in the space of about 48 hours has gone from just about rolling to being scarily mobile. We now have two teeth :eek:
Being admitted for IVs to try and get the sickness under control - will hopefully feel much better soon!
Sad to find out today that the foetus from our last/3rd miscarriage was a boy. :bawling:
& genetically normal - so no real reason why it happened but will see what they say in recurrent miscarriage clinic tomorrow...

In happy news our little girl is probably enjoying being an only child & turns 2 next week & is quite eloquent now (demanding "my 'puter, please mummy!" while I'm typing now) - how time flies! :love:
Being admitted for IVs to try and get the sickness under control - will hopefully feel much better soon!

Hope they get things under control. A lot of places have the facility to have you in alternative days and give you a couple of bags of fluids as a day case and then send you home. Might be worth chatting about if things continue.

Sad to find out today that the foetus from our last/3rd miscarriage was a boy. :bawling:
& genetically normal - so no real reason why it happened but will see what they say in recurrent miscarriage clinic tomorrow...

In happy news our little girl is probably enjoying being an only child & turns 2 next week & is quite eloquent now (demanding "my 'puter, please mummy!" while I'm typing now) - how time flies! :love:

Really sorry. Hope that they are able to give you some idea what is going on and a plan.
Home now, feeling much better after ~10l worth of rehydration + 4hrly anti-emetic (day and night). Got travel sick almost as soon as I got in the car... but now I'm home on the sofa I'm settled and comfortable again :smile:
Hi gang, sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. Had a lot on! *hugs* to those of you who need it.
Home now, feeling much better after ~10l worth of rehydration + 4hrly anti-emetic (day and night). Got travel sick almost as soon as I got in the car... but now I'm home on the sofa I'm settled and comfortable again :smile:

Glad you are feeling much better. Sure as hell don't envy you. Here;s to hoping thats the worst of it over now!

How are the little uns PMP?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest