Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    was wondering if anyone knows of a free car park close to aston uni??
    tried searching before anyone asks but im asking people who actually drive to aston uni

ReputationRep:
    so nobody here knows anything
    any help is nice i need to go there tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Use streetview to find neArby housing estates or side roads. If single yellow, read the signs. I very rarely pay for parking round my way

ReputationRep:
    According to my mate that goes there, there aren't any. It's right in Birmingham city centre and about 5 mins away from the Bullring, you aren't likely to find any free car parks anywhere close.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There's one at the New Build as you approach Lakeside. Part is under the sports area thing (don't know what else to call it) and part out in the open next to it. I don't think you have to pay for it given how many cars park there, and my dad has never paid to do so.

ReputationRep:
    there are a few but you have to get there early before 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-x)
    There's one at the New Build as you approach Lakeside. Part is under the sports area thing (don't know what else to call it) and part out in the open next to it. I don't think you have to pay for it given how many cars park there, and my dad has never paid to do so.
    road names please? never been there before:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    road names please? never been there before:/
    have been to the open day, if so the large astro-turfed sports field is situated near and above the car park. I'm not sure if you can officially use it but there is always spaces from what i can see.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    New Build is on Jennens Road.

ReputationRep:
    I went there in Sept and at the time there was no onsite parking for students unless you had a disability or important reason for it I don't think. There is Millenium Point car park which I can't even remember if you have to pay for or if its cheap but people told me that was a possibility when I was looking. Downside is, I got told to expect my car to get damaged if I took it to Brum

Any particular reason you want to take it? Transport is fantastic there I would definitely say people can survive well without cars and the train station is right near the bull ring too

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.