Is my refferee stmt good enough?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ja_blue
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hello all
i've just applied to uni via ucas with what i think is very strong personal statement how ever i've just seen copy of my ref stmt and even though its all very positive about me it only took up few lines in the lge space provided am worried this might put me at disadvantage against other candidates for medicine.
is this true? anyone got same experience?
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ja_blue)
hello all
i've just applied to uni via ucas with what i think is very strong personal statement how ever i've just seen copy of my ref stmt and even though its all very positive about me it only took up few lines in the lge space provided am worried this might put me at disadvantage against other candidates for medicine.
is this true? anyone got same experience?
they never look at the ref statement - they know its a pack of lies anyway.

they dont even look at it, as they know refs talk rubbish to blag the student up.

Dont worry about it, honest.

All that matters is ur gades and ur PS.
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
You've applied for medicine just recently?

You know that the deadline was October 15th 2003?

And bono the reference is usually the first thing admissions tutors look at because that is were predicted grades are put, and although they take the ref from certain schools with a pinch of salt it's still at least (if not more) as important as the personal statement.
The October deadline's only for Oxbridge, UCAS applications go on until end of April. UCAS ref should be a bit more in depth, but as bono mentions correctly tutors are possibly used to "___ is an excellent pupil" time and time over.
Chatterbox1552
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
yeah. october's definitely the closing date for medicine
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
they never look at the ref statement - they know its a pack of lies anyway.

they dont even look at it, as they know refs talk rubbish to blag the student up.

Dont worry about it, honest.

All that matters is ur gades and ur PS.
Er...this is aload of tosh as the reason both Leeds and Newcastle rejected me was due to a weak ref statement. They said that if I could supply them with another one then they may reconsider.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?