Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

20 year old in relationship with 15 year old acceptable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Imo a bit weird. Although saying that my mum and dad have a 10 year age gap. Depends how mature she is I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's fine. Tell everyone if you want, people really don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ all the people telling OP that it's fine but then go on to say "keep it low key" If it was fine why would they need to keep it low key? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Why would any sane 20 year old man want a sexless relationship with a child when he could have a sex-filled relationship with a woman?

Only possible real answer - no woman will have him.
    Maybe they're only attracted to 15 year olds?

ReputationRep:
    You have to question the motives of a 20 year old guy with a 15 year old..

ReputationRep:
    This is totally unacceptable. You must wait until the moment she turns 16 whereby she will magically become responsible and mature enough to handle sex and a romantic relationship.

ReputationRep:
    My instant reaction was shaking my head. Hmmm....depends really, a bit weird in my book.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    its so funny how when there is a 5 year gap between say a 35 and 30 year old it doesn't really matter. Though I think that at this age it might be inappropriate , just my opinion and a relationship can lead to anything. Trust me if you don't want to spend your early 20's behind bars for statutory rape then steer clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Lol @ all the people telling OP that it's fine but then go on to say "keep it low key" If it was fine why would they need to keep it low key? :curious:
    looool

ReputationRep:
    I've seen 20-something friends of mine go out with girls that age. You want to know why every single last one of them did it?

Because if a 15 year old girl goes out with a 20 year old guy, she hangs on every word he says. She lives and breathes to get his approval and respect. The guys I know who have gone out with kids at some point had usually just come out of a rough relationship and suddenly *bang*, here's this girl who makes him feel amazing.

So unless you're a very immature 20 and she's a very mature 15, and you're convinced that you two want exactly the same things in your lives right now, then give it a miss.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, because she's underage.

But give it a year or two and I guess it'd be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Well the guy would look desperate....can't you get anyone your own age?

ReputationRep:
    Aslong as you dont decide to go out with a 15 year old girl when your 40 then okay (Y)

ReputationRep:
    With an age difference of 5 years its pretty negligible, but the main problem here is she's still a minor...

If you were 25 and she was 20 it wouldn't be a problem, so I would say not a HUGE problem but be aware society doesn't like teenagers going out with people in their 20s. Its still a no-no. Wait until she's at least 16 for the jiggy business.

ReputationRep:
    Omg no, no it's not ****ing okay! Stop making these threads! More women out there than men, go out and find some closer to your and stop preying on little high school girls who are naive and see you as less of a loser!

ReputationRep:
    If you're 20 and the girl is 15, no...

But if you're 15 and the girl is 20, LAD!

ReputationRep:
    no its wrong. She may come across very mature. But it doesnt change the fact that shes 15, she is not yet an adult. And if you fail to see that then neither are you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dibs_anim)
    its so funny how when there is a 5 year gap between say a 35 and 30 year old it doesn't really matter. Though I think that at this age it might be inappropriate , just my opinion and a relationship can lead to anything. Trust me if you don't want to spend your early 20's behind bars for statutory rape then steer clear.
    well 70-50 is okay, 30-10 is simply asking for lynching, cos it'd be okay in the future doesn't make it now.

I seriously hate paedo's unless you have the Hugh hefner thing going on
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If it makes you both happy then it's fine.

Don't live your life based on what other people expect you to do, it isn't for society to tell you what is or isn't right and, while engaging in sexual contact with her would be illegal, it is not for the state to define your concept of morality. If you are comfortable with it then on this occasional, with what little information you've provided, I would say it's fine if you think it is fine.

It also doesn't make you a paedophile, so many people clearly don't understand the term. And it wouldn't be rape if you had sex with her because she is over 13, before someone states that (they may already have).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.