Turn on thread page Beta

I cant find a motoring thread on TSR so i posted here watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Yeah bearing in mind I have had my license for a year, I found a quote for a Polo (with dad as named driver, good postcode and pass plus (which I don't actually have but could easily do)) for £1500 Don't have enough money for a car or insurance, I was just curious!
    ok, fair enough, but what i'm saying is if you swap the polo for a vauxhall corsa 1.0L the premium will be a few hundred quid lower, let me know the results if you carry out this research!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalmDownMrRooney)
    ok, fair enough, but what i'm saying is if you swap the polo for a vauxhall corsa 1.0L the premium will be a few hundred quid lower, let me know the results if you carry out this research!
    I tried that and was getting quotes ~£3000, no idea why :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwboyracer)
    i'm new here, I cannot find a thread on motoring, so I posted here. Basically I'm a 19yr old male and held a full UK license for 2.5months. Insurance is through the roof but a Vauxhall corsa like this is cheapest for insurance for me at the moment.

it's a 1995 1.2 ls 5Dr and costs £311 to insure per month with a £390 deposit. is that good for a boy my age? it's the cheapest i have found so far to insure and I have spent a heck of a time looking.

i just wanted to point out that i pay less each year, then you do each month :smug:

:getmecoat:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.