Turn on thread page Beta

Cream with 3% Hydroquinone watch

ReputationRep:
    My aunty came back from her holiday in South america and brought back a pack of cream which apparently really works well in removing acne. Without looking at what it had inside, I tried it for a few weeks and managed to get pretty good results. My acne has almost disappeared and my scars are gone. However, today I randomly clicked a thread called skin bleaching and this lead me to research a bit about the cream I was using (Pomada Pena). After a bit of research I found out that this cream had Hydroquinone which is used for whitening skin. This got me very worried since it could possibly cause damage.

I don't want to change my skin colour at all, but I do want to get rid of this acne. Should I carry on with the treatment or should I stop?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Stop if u dont want whitening effect, and i dont think it does damage

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.