Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 15 and I've been self harming for about two years now, a couple of my friends eventually noticed and when it got quite serious they told a teacher who told my parents, I went to a counciler for a few months but it didn't help. Although the counciler didn't help because my parents knew they were suspicious and because I was going on holiday I stopped for about 6 months. I started again a while ago now and only one of my friends has recnetly found out, she promised to keep it a secret. I don't want to speak about it to her but I think I need to speak about it with someone because my feelings just bottle up. I don't know what to do, any advice please.

    Hi Anon,

    You don't say much about what's going on in your life or why you have been self harming but I'm guessing things must be pretty difficult for you. I'm sorry that the counselling didn't help. Do you know why it didn't help? Was it the counsellor - did you not get on with them or did you feel that they didn't understand you and your situation, or was it something else?

    Did you seek the counselling independently or did you go to see your GP? You've suggested that you don't want your parents to know, but is there anyone else you can talk to? A family member, friend or teacher?

    Hey, if you want to talk to people who understand, try www.recoveryourlife.com Hang in there, and I would definitely recommend talking to someone, even if it's just a helpline, your GP, a friend, a teacher anyone. It won't go away by itself, try and take action now while you can.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.