Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sick of chavs. Lock them up? watch

• View Poll Results: Should we lock up chavs and make them work?
    Yes they should be forced to work.
    66.13%
    Not really bothered.
    17.74%
    No chavs are great people and bring a lot to society.
    16.13%

ReputationRep:
    Would it be unethical to take all chavs who basically refuse to work, put them in a labour camp and force them to work. They could work on thinks like road repairs etc. anything that decent hard-working people could do without doing. The decent hard-working people could get themselves a decent job which would be provided by guarding the chavs or rounding them up etc.

Basically in all seriousness is it just me that is sick of studying hard and working hard, to try and get a decent job, only for some chav to mock you for it then go and take your tax money (my parents in this case) for sitting on their arses.

Just to make it clear im not against job seekers allowence, just the chavs that abuse the help they are getting.

ReputationRep:
    The number of job allowance claimants who 'abuse' the system are very very low, you're wasting a lot of time and resources on chasing after a minority. I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    You literally know nothing about anything.

I'm not even going to waste my time on such an utterly stupid post.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, lock them in a box so then they will be safe init.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You literally know nothing about anything.

I'm not even going to waste my time on such an utterly stupid post.
    Get a sense of humour.

And you dont get sick of chavs and other uneducated people having such an easy life?

ReputationRep:
    No, because this is totalitarianism.

I may not like them, I may not like their general outlook on life, or the way the local ones go about their days.

But I wouldn't want to see them locked up in labour camps, though; that's a tad extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkss!)
    Yeah, lock them in a box so then they will be safe init.
    someone who has a sense of humour on her :eek:

ReputationRep:
    A labour camp is a little OTT, to be honest. And why should some chav mocking you for doing well annoy you? You should pity them. At the end of the day, "your tax money" is all they've got, which is hardly a fountain of wealth. They stay living on a run-down council estate, ignorant of the rest of the world, while you move onto better things.

I'm all for sending the little teenage ****s off to a bootcamp, though. Nevermind all this ASBO/ tagging rubbish, a stint at a bootcamp would knock some sense into them.

ReputationRep:
    Chavs as myself are happy not to work, however i am in college and don't claim and never have claimed jobseekers allowance but those who do is completely fine so shut up and deal with it

ReputationRep:
    What about the fit chavs? Would you really want a world without Whitney Dean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    No, because this is totalitarianism.

I may not like them, I may not like their general outlook on life, or the way the local ones go about their days.

But I wouldn't want to see them locked up in labour camps, though; that's a tad extreme.
    Again get a sense of humour. I also would not like to see them locked in camps, although i think they should be made to do more work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not voting in a poll that bias LOL

ReputationRep:
    wow, what a great thread seriously!

I hate chavs, they do nothing but make life harder for those who actually work instead of sleep all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    What about the fit chavs? Would you really want a world without Whitney Dean?
    who?

ReputationRep:
    I hear we need a high speed rail line. This could make it significantly cheaper.

Slave driving = #WINNING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwboyracer)
    Chavs as myself are happy not to work, however i am in college and don't claim and never have claimed jobseekers allowance but those who do is completely fine so shut up and deal with it
    If you read my post correctly you would see im not against job seeker allowence. I am simply against chavs doing nothing at all to get that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primelocation)
    wow, what a great thread seriously!

I hate chavs, they do nothing but make life harder for those who actually work instead of sleep all day.
    Thanks, i also hate them very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I hear we need a high speed rail line. This could make it significantly cheaper.

Slave driving = #WINNING
    Exactly, instead of they money every week, just pay for their dinner and a can of Fosters. They will get it done no bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevR94)
    Again get a sense of humour. I also would not like to see them locked in camps, although i think they should be made to do more work.
    Not all chavs are reliant on society to help them. Nor do all avoid work, in fact, this number is quite low in this area.
    I know several people who would define themselves as "chavs". One's a banking assistant, another a bar manager and the third runs an outlet of a sports shop.

These are three pretty good jobs, really. And I know many more, whilst not in jobs that could be regarded "as high" are still working in full time employment. They merely follow the trends of that group.

Again, that's only three people in what could be regarded as high jobs, and about fourteen or so others, so it can't really be used as a figure, though tarring them all under the same brush isn't the right way forward.

Yeah, some are *******s and do annoy me. Yeah, some do sit at home, do nothing and get money like from the government. But these are their problems, not ours. Its their problem they want to act like *******s, its their problem they aren't actively looking for work in order to aim towards a life they may want. Granted, the latter is harder given the current climate and lack of full-time jobs around here, but still.

Lets not get all bigoted, shall we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevR94)
    you keep telling people to get a sense of humour but nothing you've said has been funny :s:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.