Turn on thread page Beta

Sick of chavs. Lock them up? watch

• View Poll Results: Should we lock up chavs and make them work?
    Yes they should be forced to work.
    66.13%
    Not really bothered.
    17.74%
    No chavs are great people and bring a lot to society.
    16.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    The "no" option is a complex question so the poll is invalid.
    then vote dont know.

EDIT: vote not really bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    A chav isn't defined by anti-social behaviour, street drinking, drug abuse and rowdiness. Granted, the term "chav" follows the whole "Council House and Violent", but most of the "chavs" today even tag themselves so by association, to be accepted, because they wear "those clothes" or because they think that that's the way forward for them.

Granted, some are *******s, again I've no qualms with admitting that. But there are some nice ones, who do pull their weight. More so then, in many cases, then people who aren't chavs.

Again, I appreciate that many don't pull their own end up; but this doesn't suggest all are the same. My Mum sees that many get jobs as she's a Youth Worker, and round here at least, they are definitely doing their bit.

Still, there are a few who don't, and a few who take drugs. Hardly surprising, Penrith has more heroin per capita then anywhere else in the country. :dry: Still, silver lining.
    chav does not stand for council house and violent, thought i would let you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Wikipedia can be quite easily disputed, and is often misleading regarding social issues.
    No it isnt, it never lies. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primelocation)
    wow, what a great thread seriously!

I hate chavs, they do nothing but make life harder for those who actually work instead of sleep all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    chav does not stand for council house and violent, thought i would let you know
    There's about 40 different terms for it. Etymology goes way into "chavdom".

But Council House and Violent is one most generally regarded; but it could also mean a few dozen other terms, so it doesn't really matter; they all lead to the same thing. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknwnEntity)
    haha, this pic freaked me out. but i must admit ........i don't get your point.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we've had National Service but I think sending chav's out to war with guns would cause more harm than good for our serious soldiers out there trying to do the job properly. We can't place the responsibility of chav's on them as they already have a very very difficult job to do.

Therefore, I think the coalition should introduce National Community Service. Anyone between the ages of 14-24 who is 1) not employed (2) not actively seeking work and providing proof of this (3) not in education of any type (4) is commonly caught committing petty criminal offences

should be put on this scheme. They should live in a borstal camp accommodation away from home because often its bad parenting that leads to the fully developed chav and bad attitude. Then once at the camps they should have to do work in the community in order to get their benefits. During this time they look for employment and once they are employed they can leave. If they then quit the job through their own choice they are immediately put back on the scheme. If they are sacked through no fault of their own then they have a couple of months to look for another job. If they find a job or go into education then that is okay, If they don't then they go back to do National Community Service.

I'm sick and tired of all these brain dead chavs and chavettes having children like its a sport and they're competing with their neighbouring chavs who can have the most children, who can be the first to have twins. who can be the first to get a 7 bedroom house on benefits, who can be the first to have a white, mixed raced and black child. Im sure most of these chavs and chavettes kids are incest plans put together purely to scam money from the hard working taxpayers in this country.

In my opinion, unless you're disabled, a war veteran, in education or a retired person then you work or you get nothing!

I'm sick of chavs punching wing mirrors off cars, slashing tyres and 1,2,3'ing peoples cars. They do it because they are bored and scum and they do not have to pay for the damage yet the people who do pay for the damage also pay for them to live. We should just be able to chase them and strangle them in the middle of the street and feed them to the Queens dogs as her dogs are far more intelligent than the chavs.

They drink in the street thinking they're something when really its because they buy one bottle of Strongbow to get drunk because they need to make the taxpayers money they get for free last all week so they can have a bottle every night before smashing their ten girlfriends in for more children and more money. They all put rap videos on youtube wanting to the next gangster rapper. They think that people actually give a **** that they can rhyme fast and that the world needs to be aware of their pathetic and insubordinate use of the English language.

They are like the leeches in society holding all the hard working people back. Cameron & Clegg should deal with them by force and dismember them and make them surrender to the hard working people of this nation and show them who is boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Yeah, we've had National Service but I think sending chav's out to war with guns would cause more harm than good for our serious soldiers out there trying to do the job properly. We can't place the responsibility of chav's on them as they already have a very very difficult job to do.

Therefore, I think the coalition should introduce National Community Service. Anyone between the ages of 14-24 who is 1) not employed (2) not actively seeking work and providing proof of this (3) not in education of any type (4) is commonly caught committing petty criminal offences

should be put on this scheme. They should live in a borstal camp accommodation away from home because often its bad parenting that leads to the fully developed chav and bad attitude. Then once at the camps they should have to do work in the community in order to get their benefits. During this time they look for employment and once they are employed they can leave. If they then quit the job through their own choice they are immediately put back on the scheme. If they are sacked through no fault of their own then they have a couple of months to look for another job. If they find a job or go into education then that is okay, If they don't then they go back to do National Community Service.

I'm sick and tired of all these brain dead chavs and chavettes having children like its a sport and they're competing with their neighbouring chavs who can have the most children, who can be the first to have twins. who can be the first to get a 7 bedroom house on benefits, who can be the first to have a white, mixed raced and black child. Im sure most of these chavs and chavettes kids are incest plans put together purely to scam money from the hard working taxpayers in this country.

In my opinion, unless you're disabled, a war veteran, in education or a retired person then you work or you get nothing!

I'm sick of chavs punching wing mirrors off cars, slashing tyres and 1,2,3'ing peoples cars. They do it because they are bored and scum and they do not have to pay for the damage yet the people who do pay for the damage also pay for them to live. We should just be able to chase them and strangle them in the middle of the street and feed them to the Queens dogs as her dogs are far more intelligent than the chavs.

They drink in the street thinking they're something when really its because they buy one bottle of Strongbow to get drunk because they need to make the taxpayers money they get for free last all week so they can have a bottle every night before smashing their ten girlfriends in for more children and more money. They all put rap videos on youtube wanting to the next gangster rapper. They think that people actually give a **** that they can rhyme fast and that the world needs to be aware of their pathetic and insubordinate use of the English language.

They are like the leeches in society holding all the hard working people back. Cameron & Clegg should deal with them by force and dismember them and make them surrender to the hard working people of this nation and show them who is boss.
    Unfortunately i have reached the limit of how many posts i can rate today but if i hadnt, you can be asured that i would have given 100 positive ratings if possible. Pretty much that same scheme, me and my chav hating counterpart have discussed before. Thanks for taking your time to **** off the scum of society. Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    The number of job allowance claimants who 'abuse' the system are very very low, you're wasting a lot of time and resources on chasing after a minority. I think the money could be better spent elsewhere.
    This.
    While yes, it would be nice to somehow get rid of the people who do abuse the system, it just isn't financially viable. The schemes mentioned in this thread are just too costly to be worth it. Especially in a time when we have fairly big cuts in vital public services.

If I had a choice of having a few chavs around but still have my evening bus service, or losing the bus service but having a "scheme" for the chavs, I know which one I'd choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    This.
    While yes, it would be nice to somehow get rid of the people who do abuse the system, it just isn't financially viable. The schemes mentioned in this thread are just too costly to be worth it. Especially in a time when we have fairly big cuts in vital public services.

If I had a choice of having a few chavs around but still have my evening bus service, or losing the bus service but having a "scheme" for the chavs, I know which one I'd choose.
    If we had a scheme to get chavs off the street then I'd happily walk as I would know the chances of me being stabbed, assaulted or mugged would be low.

They should just be put down. When dogs get aggressive and out of hand, they are put down, just as chavs should be. Use heroin that has been seized to give them all overdoses so we can get them off the streets.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

What is needed is discipline. This pathetic nanny bureaucratic state that we live in thinks that the authority of the state can be maintained through something as meaningless as an ASBO. No.

I'm fed up of the liberal attitude toward these people. They should be severely disciplined, preferably through some sort of compulsory military service system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevR94)
    Would it be unethical to take all chavs who basically refuse to work, put them in a labour camp and force them to work. They could work on thinks like road repairs etc. anything that decent hard-working people could do without doing. The decent hard-working people could get themselves a decent job which would be provided by guarding the chavs or rounding them up etc.
    This. They shouldn't be allowed to live off everyone else, and then have the audacity to go around abusing everyone else too. Urgh they irritate me. So, so much.

Basically in all seriousness is it just me that is sick of studying hard and working hard, to try and get a decent job, only for some chav to mock you for it then go and take your tax money (my parents in this case) for sitting on their arses.
    It's not just you, I hate it too. I was walking down the street from sixth form the other day, and this vile orange faced creature who was repulsive to look at started shouting at me. For no reason, completely unprovoked. It sickens me right to the core. Sadly, she's probably living off the taxes that my parents pay. Why should we have to support these scrounging oafs?!

Just to make it clear im not against job seekers allowence, just the chavs that abuse the help they are getting.
    Neither am I, it's the absolute oiks that abuse it who I hate with a deep burning passion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by righteous)
    I agree.

What is needed is discipline. This pathetic nanny bureaucratic state that we live in thinks that the authority of the state can be maintained through something as meaningless as an ASBO. No.

I'm fed up of the liberal attitude toward these people. They should be severely disciplined, preferably through some sort of compulsory military service system.
    I love you for this post!

We're far too tolerant. Schools can't discipline people, and the law isn't tough enough. ASBOs are worn like medals of honour. Criminal records are paraded around like a badge. It has to stop, and the way to do it is to make prisoners do tough manual labour, bring back coporal punishments in schools, possibly reintroduce the death penalty and make JSA claimers do community service jobs. There's always some litter on the street or some trees to trim, after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I love you for this post!

We're far too tolerant. Schools can't discipline people, and the law isn't tough enough. ASBOs are worn like medals of honour. Criminal records are paraded around like a badge. It has to stop, and the way to do it is to make prisoners do tough manual labour, bring back coporal punishments in schools, possibly reintroduce the death penalty and make JSA claimers do community service jobs. There's always some litter on the street or some trees to trim, after all.
    Yes, I definitely agree with corporal punishment in schools.

Education is not a right, but a privilege that the youth of today seems to piss all over.

Military service should be made compulsory for those who persist in public anti-social behaviour. That seems to me a very good method for instilling much-needed discipline.

I too also advocate Capital punishment in extreme cases of criminality where the prosecution evidence is undeniable.

Yes. I couldn't agree more. In terms of benefits I believe that community service, even if light work should be necessary for claiming benefits. People that exploit the benefit system disgust me.

I believe that you should reap what you sow; nobody should be above light community service and expect to claim benefits.

Political liberalism incorporating this "oh-so-tolerant" attitude in people today sickens me. Some things should simply not be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You literally know nothing about anything.

I'm not even going to waste my time on such an utterly stupid post.
    Yet you decided to write a reply ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by righteous)
    Yes, I definitely agree with corporal punishment in schools.

Education is not a right, but a privilege that the youth of today seems to piss all over.
    I hate it when you see these absolute morons wasting their state provided education, and yet there are children in Indian slums who would give anything to go to school. Then they bleat on about how they're a victim of circumstance and had no opportunities. So bloody annoying.

Military service should be a compulsory option for those who persist in public anti-social behaviour. That seems to me a very good method for instilling much-needed discipline.
    Agreed, that would do wonders. Some would reform, they'd benefit the state instead of leaching off of it, and most importantly, they'd be away and not causing trouble!

I too also advocate Capital punishment in extreme cases of criminality where the prosecution evidence is undeniable.
    This. Why should taxes fund a murderer in prison?

Yes. I couldn't agree more. In terms of benefits I believe that community service, even if light work should be necessary for claiming benefits. People that exploit the benefit system disgust me.

I believe that you should reap what you sow; nobody should be above light community service and expect to claim benefits.
    I really don't understand where the "the world owes me a living" mindset comes from. It repulses me. People need some morality and respect imo.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Do the government even know what chavs are? lol

You can't really tell if one is a chav or not, and many of the so called 'chavs' are good people.

If you don't like them, just ignore them. I don't like them either. But they are stupid idiot (especially the really really bad ones)

It's like, whenever yout alk to them you have to give them a facepalm! :facepalm:

There is no point doing anything about it to be honest. As long as they don't cause trouble it should be ok.

The number of people who don't want to work and arent chavs are profound, too. So yeah.

There is really no real solution for chavs problem. :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good plan Adolf.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I hate it when you see these absolute morons wasting their state provided education, and yet there are children in Indian slums who would give anything to go to school. Then they bleat on about how they're a victim of circumstance and had no opportunities. So bloody annoying.
    Yeah. I agree. Stupid, dumbass people are stupid, dumbass. :P
    These people should be shot out of the country and and make them suffer in somewhere like Sahara Desert to see what could have been worse in their life.

(Original post by .Ali.)
    This. Why should taxes fund a murderer in prison?
    I don't understand that either. Apparently, living in prison is relatively much better than being a homeless on street. (This happens in some countries as well where homless people have the incentives to cause crimes cos being in jail is much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    Yeah. I agree. Stupid, dumbass people are stupid, dumbass. :P
    These people should be shot out of the country and and make them suffer in somewhere like Sahara Desert to see what could have been worse in their life.
    Exactly, show them some real hardship. I mean granted no one likes being poor, but being 'poor' by UK standards is being 'rich' compared to many third world places. People need to think about that.

I don't understand that either. Apparently, living in prison is relatively much better than being a homeless on street. (This happens in some countries as well where homless people have the incentives to cause crimes cos being in jail is much better.
    They have Xbox's, and if they smash theirs in anger, they get a new one at the taxpayers expense. It's an outrage!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.