Turn on thread page Beta

Sick of chavs. Lock them up? watch

• View Poll Results: Should we lock up chavs and make them work?
    Yes they should be forced to work.
    66.13%
    Not really bothered.
    17.74%
    No chavs are great people and bring a lot to society.
    16.13%

ReputationRep:
    um you lots who are crying about chavs first atleast define what a chav is, reading all your stuff makes me question what you lots are on about has the meaning of chavs changed or something? l0l =/ i cant believe you lots are grouping up someone this is just like racism but against people dressed in a certain way and you prolly dont even know them so why judge them, they wear what they want atleast they aint in skinny freaking jeans and boots up to there knees with piercings all over there faces ( part from ears lol)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    As I said, what would you do to stop teachers abusing that though?
    Teachers are not always the ones who are in the "right" and so the pupils need to be protected from that.

I don't know anything else I could suggest. You can try putting them in a seperate class and then kicking them out, but that doesn't really stop the behaviour in the first place (whereas physical methods are generally a deterrent rather than an actual response from the teacher).
    Well, I don't really know either because it was how I was brought up. It was like I usually got hit by teacher ONLY if I broke school rules. Not like getting hit when I don't do what a teacher said, not things like that. It only happens when it is really really what I ahve done wrong. The society I was in think this was acceptable to certain extent. It was like 'if you go to this school, you have to follow the rules, if not.... this is the punishment'. We are very very strict.

The UK society is not going to take it. It is never going to be acceptable here. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    Well, I don't really know either because it was how I was brought up. It was like I usually got hit by teacher ONLY if I broke school rules. Not like getting hit when I don't do what a teacher said, not things like that. It only happens when it is really really what I ahve done wrong. The society I was in think this was acceptable to certain extent. It was like 'if you go to this school, you have to follow the rules, if not.... this is the punishment'. We are very very strict.

The UK society is not going to take it. It is never going to be acceptable here. :dontknow:
    I realise that would be the ideal situation. But as I said, some teachers do sometimes end up in the wrong. I was essentially victimised by one of my teachers when I was younger, and I dreaded having to go to his lesson. It made me feel ill. Now imagine how I would have felt if I knew he could just decide to hit me for no reason? I simply would have no gone to school or bunked off his lesson. Doing exactly the opposite of what you intend.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Manesh2468)
    um you lots who are crying about chavs first atleast define what a chav is, reading all your stuff makes me question what you lots are on about has the meaning of chavs changed or something? l0l =/ i cant believe you lots are grouping up someone this is just like racism but against people dressed in a certain way and you prolly dont even know them so why judge them, they wear what they want atleast they aint in skinny freaking jeans and boots up to there knees with piercings all over there faces ( part from ears lol)
    To me, I have different definition for chavs though. Many people would say it's the people who wear this kind of tops, trousers...blah blah blah...But for me, it's more like 'an individual who behaves badly, gives no respect to anyone, wasting their life and time and never really contribute anything to the society when they have the ability to. Oh, they are also one of those people who don't know what is right and wrong and never really learn or realise the stupidity of their actions'

That, is chavs for me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yes let's have another holocaust based on a loose stereotype that rarely even exists in reality. you do know the idea of people leeching off benefits is vastly exaggerated by the tabloids, right? Sure there is a small percentage who claim income support unfairly, but in the majority of cases these are people who genuinely need assistance and do put the money to good use.
    And for all your complaining that 'chavs' don't contribute to society...what do you do for society, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    To me, I have different definition for chavs though. Many people would say it's the people who wear this kind of tops, trousers...blah blah blah...But for me, it's more like 'an individual who behaves badly, gives no respect to anyone, wasting their life and time and never really contribute anything to the society when they have the ability to. Oh, they are also one of those people who don't know what is right and wrong and never really learn or realise the stupidity of their actions'

That, is chavs for me. :dontknow:
    thas not a chav lol but yeh if thats what ur definition is then i guess everyone thas against chavs has your definition , they should make a different name for it... how bout a wanabe lol

ReputationRep:
    make them work?

make them fight to the death

although with a twist...the winner gets killed in the end as well
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I realise that would be the ideal situation. But as I said, some teachers do sometimes end up in the wrong. I was essentially victimised by one of my teachers when I was younger, and I dreaded having to go to his lesson. It made me feel ill. Now imagine how I would have felt if I knew he could just decide to hit me for no reason? I simply would have no gone to school or bunked off his lesson. Doing exactly the opposite of what you intend.
    Yeah. I can see where you are coming from.

I thought physical punishment used to be acceptable in England in the past?

I guess as the country become modernised, people's attitudes towards physical punishment has changed and eventually it become unacceptable. It depends on the society, the kids and definitely, the teachers. It is just something that can't just be introduced in the UK schools all of the sudden. So I know why it wouldn't work here.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    thas not a chav lol but yeh if thats what ur definition is then i guess everyone thas against chavs has your definition , they should make a different name for it... how bout a wanabe lol
    What is chavs?

ReputationRep:
    1 - There is hardly any case where its totally undeniable. DNA is not 100% reliable, CCTV can be taken out of context or mis-interpretated, witnesses can lie etc.
    2 - At least theres is the chance to still live a life after that. With the death penalty it would be too late.
    There are cases where it is clear the defendants are guilty.

ReputationRep:
    No s/he's right, that is a chav.

ReputationRep:
    What is chavs?
    fake jewelry, lots of branded clothes , flashing alot of money with objects , putting up a "badman" image, this does not mean they are a bad person lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    There are cases where it is clear the defendants are guilty.
    There are cases where it seems like the defendant is guilty.
    That doesn't mean it is 100% true.
    Miscarriages of justice do happen. Even now. To bring back the death penalty when that can still happen is just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    fake jewelry, lots of branded clothes , flashing alot of money with objects , putting up a "badman" image, this does not mean they are a bad person lol
    Chavs don't have a lot of money.

There are cases where it seems like the defendant is guilty.
    That doesn't mean it is 100% true.
    Miscarriages of justice do happen. Even now. To bring back the death penalty when that can still happen is just wrong.
    There are still cases where it's clear. Also for rape cases which are proven, and attempted murder, it should be used. Miscarriages of justice on this day and age are rare, and almost unheard of for serious crimes. If the evidence is dubious then obviously the death penalty wouldn't be used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    There are still cases where it's clear. Also for rape cases which are proven, and attempted murder, it should be used. Miscarriages of justice on this day and age are rare, and almost unheard of for serious crimes. If the evidence is dubious then obviously the death penalty wouldn't be used.
    Except they aren't that rare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._justice_cases

There are a few there in recent times for serious crimes.

And even if they are rare, the fact is they still happen. So someone could be killed despite being innocent. That is the problem.

And you can't just say if its dubious then the death penalty wouldn't be used, because if its dubious, then the verdict should be "not guilty"

ReputationRep:
    Except they aren't that rare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._justice_cases

There are quite a few there in recent times for serious crimes.

And even if they are rare, the fact is they still happen. So someone could be killed despite being innocent. That is the problem.

And you can't just say if its dubious then the death penalty wouldn't be used, because if its dubious, then the verdict should be "not guilty"
    Well when the evidence is like 60-40, it won't be used. It would still most likely be a guilty verdict, but not a death sentence.

As I said, you would need DNA, eye witnesses, CCTV evidence combined to sentence someone to death. All three of them won't fail silmultaeneously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floskii)
    Yes let's have another holocaust based on a loose stereotype that rarely even exists in reality. you do know the idea of people leeching off benefits is vastly exaggerated by the tabloids, right? Sure there is a small percentage who claim income support unfairly, but in the majority of cases these are people who genuinely need assistance and do put the money to good use.
    And for all your complaining that 'chavs' don't contribute to society...what do you do for society, exactly?
    Rarely exists in reality? ***** you tripping? :eek:

They're everywhere like rats in the streets.

Yes, lets round them up and stick them in concentration camps.

I do not class people who wear certain clothes as chavs. I class people who commit anti-social behaviour repeatedly, threatening behaviour, abuse, mugging, assaulting, claiming benefits to sponge off society with no intention of ever working as chavs.

These people need to be put down and then we would cut the population as well as benefit the economy. The people left will be hard working and will be able to go out without intimidation.

Im sick of how many old people around my area have had their houses raided and possessions taken, even blind OAP's, by these sick, vile and callous *******s! I don't give two hoots what anyone says, they are disgraceful and vile. They need to be brought back down to Earth quickly or be removed from it!

Also, I've paid over £20,000 in tax in the last three years so yes, I do have a right to complain as that tax goes to fixing the things chavs have broken rather than supporting children through education, fixing pot holes in the roads and so on!

They should be rounded up and given a harsh lesson by the Territorial Army in respect and then be released. If they misbehave again then they should be beaten down like the cowardly thugs they are!

ReputationRep:
    I like the idea of what happens in the novel Holes

After 6 months on JSA, you should have to dig a massive hole every day. No hole, no gyro. Simples

ReputationRep:
    I'm ashamed that human beings like you exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    There's about 40 different terms for it. Etymology goes way into "chavdom".

But Council House and Violent is one most generally regarded; but it could also mean a few dozen other terms, so it doesn't really matter; they all lead to the same thing. :cool:
    yeah a dirty chav haha

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.