Turn on thread page Beta

Sick of chavs. Lock them up? watch

• View Poll Results: Should we lock up chavs and make them work?
    Yes they should be forced to work.
    66.13%
    Not really bothered.
    17.74%
    No chavs are great people and bring a lot to society.
    16.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Testament to your intellectual prowess, you've straw-manned me and relied on massive assumptions about me as part of your "argument".
    Well in all fairness, if you actually understood the kinds of things benefits scroungers spent their money on you would have a different viewpoint most likely and want to encourage them to find work and actually take responsibility for themselves.

Of course, there is the issue with a lack of jobs, but voluntary work could still be done within the community and they could at least show they are trying to apply for jobs instead of just sitting there making up excuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevR94)
    Would it be unethical to take all chavs who basically refuse to work, put them in a labour camp and force them to work. They could work on thinks like road repairs etc. anything that decent hard-working people could do without doing. The decent hard-working people could get themselves a decent job which would be provided by guarding the chavs or rounding them up etc.

Basically in all seriousness is it just me that is sick of studying hard and working hard, to try and get a decent job, only for some chav to mock you for it then go and take your tax money (my parents in this case) for sitting on their arses.

Just to make it clear im not against job seekers allowence, just the chavs that abuse the help they are getting.
    they make fantastic rat bombs! wrap a bomb with a timer around a rat and chuck them somewhere dangerous such as the afgan caves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    they make fantastic rat bombs! wrap a bomb with a timer around a rat and chuck them somewhere dangerous such as the afgan caves
    And chavs can make these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeonSkies)
    Well in all fairness, if you actually understood the kinds of things benefits scroungers spent their money on you would have a different viewpoint most likely and want to encourage them to find work and actually take responsibility for themselves.

Of course, there is the issue with a lack of jobs, but voluntary work could still be done within the community and they could at least show they are trying to apply for jobs instead of just sitting there making up excuses.
    Can you honestly not recognise the MASSIVE (I've written that in big letter to help represent the meaning of the word) differences between forced labour, and encouraging someone to work?

Why are you assuming that I don't know what a small minority of people spend their benefits on? On what grounds do you base this? Or are you placing authority in your pre-conceptions of me which contain no grounding/evidence?

Lastly, where I volunteer we're not accepting volunteers, and I'm sure we're not the only charity that's got too many volunteers, full of people not wanting their CV's to just stagnate.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.