Turn on thread page Beta

University College Dublin (UCD - Ireland) Vs. University of Stirling (Scotland) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, ok, I hope this will be my final thread, and with that I won't be annoying you guys anymore, but I really need your insight on this last question.. Which one would you choose out of the following?

1. Stirling (Scotland) - MSc Investment Analysis
    2. University College Dublin (UCD - Ireland) - MSc Finance

I have received offers from both of these places, and I'm really having a difficult time choosing between the two...

The target is to get into areas such as Investment Banking, Portfolio Management, Equity, Trading or Market Analysis.

Maybe an important piece of information is that, I actually live in Dublin, and have studied through primary, secondary and tertiary education in Dublin too. I think companies would like to know that "candidates" for a job can be flexible, independant as well as being adaptable, so would going to Stirling be a better choice in this sense?

Also if you'd have any info on Careers service on these two places, or what the average time/percentage of students/whatever with regards to getting a job (after all, this is the probably the sole reason for doing this MSc) after achieving this MSc would be greatly appreciated!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.