Turn on thread page Beta

I don't know which direction to take watch

Please keep this post as anonymous or delete.

I am unemployed, young and poor. I had plans for the future so I could start getting myself sorted, but they aren't likely to happen now. I have tried so many times, perhaps fate (if such a thing exists) is telling me that I should just give up. My own mistakes play a part. It sounds like a ramble but I really don't know what I'm meant to do with my life. The whole setup I have at the minute, it just isn't me. I feel like an onion with many layers yet each time I go deeper into the next layer I feel more and more disappointed. How do I cut to the core of what it is I want to do? What is life? Whatever it is I feel like I am living a fraction of it, like I am living a sort of lie with myself. My current persona versus the persona I really want to be on the inside.

I don't have any desire to dress fashionably or like the 'westerner' that I am, I only do it to appease other people. I would be happy wearing a plain robe and walking around barefoot. I am being serious. I don't really drink alcohol in a group to get drunk, only when I am by myself to mask the feeling of being a completely lost soul. Happy on the outside, a complete question mark on the inside. I can't even begin to tell people. I am so sick of all this political, social and economic information being shoved down my throat through the media, social hierarchy and social classes, etc., I am sick of it. I want to get away from it all and live a simple life, wear simple clothes and help those less fortunate than myself. I'm beginning to feel as though there is a cloud above my head that I can't shift, and I don't know what to do.

I am not trolling before anyone says it.

ReputationRep:
    I hear you bro.

ReputationRep:
    Become an anarchist and give soup to the homeless.

ReputationRep:
    Same, I know what you mean. People need to have a little perspective sometimes and not be so concerned with monetary things. You're not alone, just follow your heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to get away from it all and live a simple life, wear simple clothes and help those less fortunate than myself. I'm beginning to feel as though there is a cloud above my head that I can't shift, and I don't know what to do.
    You're not very different from everybody else - we all have challenges that are between us and what we want to achieve. If you want to wear simple clothes and help those less fortunate then yourself, why don't you put yourself on a path that allows you to do that?

(Original post by Roo Bix)
    You're not very different from everybody else - we all have challenges that are between us and what we want to achieve. If you want to wear simple clothes and help those less fortunate then yourself, why don't you put yourself on a path that allows you to do that?
    My head is just all over the place I wouldn't even know where to start. Time and time again I think about just selling whatever worthy possessions I have, packing a bag and then going to do some volunteering for a while through an organisation like helpx or WWOOF to broaden my perspectives and help people, but I put priority over trying to right my wrongs and give myself an education but I've been set back yet again.

Is it really as simple as that though, to do what you want? I suppose I have nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My head is just all over the place I wouldn't even know where to start. Time and time again I think about just selling whatever worthy possessions I have, packing a bag and then going to do some volunteering for a while through an organisation like helpx or WWOOF to broaden my perspectives and help people, but I put priority over trying to right my wrongs and give myself an education but I've been set back yet again.

Is it really as simple as that though, to do what you want? I suppose I have nothing to lose.
    I would say at least try volunteering, first. And take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    use a compass

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.