Turn on thread page Beta

Having lots of friends is the answer watch

Ive noticed, although I pride myself based on the way I look, maybe its a cover up because deep down im upset I do not have as many friends as Id like. Logging onto facebook, depresses me when I see like one of my fb friends have 100 likes regarding their relationship status, makes me wonder why isnt this me?

Im very looks consacious, but im always nice to people - maybe its just the way its meant to be?

content with the ones i do have...

ReputationRep:
    LOL jesus what has society and facebook done to the youth these days! you really think having 500 fake facebook friends makes you happier?! and having 20 people like your status LOL omg i cant even have this convo!

ReputationRep:
    Mate, its an online webpage. It isn't the hub of society, as many make it out to be. Granted, it makes getting word around easier, but still... Masses of friends and "likes" shouldn't constitute your happiness as a person. If you need hundreds of people to accept you as a friend, or click a thumbs up button in order to make you feel socially accepted, you're a fool.

(Original post by DH-Biker)
    Mate, its an online webpage. It isn't the hub of society, as many make it out to be. Granted, it makes getting word around easier, but still... Masses of friends and "likes" shouldn't constitute your happiness as a person. If you need hundreds of people to accept you as a friend, or click a thumbs up button in order to make you feel socially accepted, you're a fool.
    ok im sorry just feels that way to me, I cant help it - its something I wish happened to me thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive noticed, although I pride myself based on the way I look, maybe its a cover up because deep down im upset I do not have as many friends as Id like. Logging onto facebook, depresses me when I see like one of my fb friends have 100 likes regarding their relationship status, makes me wonder why isnt this me?

Im very looks consacious, but im always nice to people - maybe its just the way its meant to be?

content with the ones i do have...
    Are you a girl or something?

ReputationRep:
    Turn off the computer, go outside among the real people and make real friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok im sorry just feels that way to me, I cant help it - its something I wish happened to me thats all.
    If it makes you feel better bro/sis, I've only got 375, and that's because I literally rape the "people you may know" thing.

Honestly, don't worry about it. Its only a website, after all. I wouldn't judge someone on not having many FaceBook friends. In fact, if anything, I'd judge them better for not having as many.

Still, just don't worry about it all. Its not an important thing.

ReputationRep:
    FBRAPE is in order.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.