Turn on thread page Beta

I've noticed within the last few days that my girly parts have a really bad odour. I'll wash there with warm water at least once a day, and sometimes even use FemFresh but the smell is still lingering.

There's no itching or any unusual discharge.

Anyone got any thoughts at all? It's not me being unclean at all. Having quite a lot of sex at the mo, and it's getting me all embarrassed and lolz.

ReputationRep:
    Keep salt and vinagre nearby, so that if anyone notices the smell, they will also see the condoments and summise that you recently had fish and chips.

ReputationRep:
    eww

Having a lot of sex can increase your chances of bacterial vaginosis. Talk to your GP.

ReputationRep:
    Lets break out the fishing tackle boyos.

ReputationRep:
    is it unprotected sex? cos that can mess up the ph balance or something and make you a bit smelly. i've noticed my piece doesn't smell as good if i've had unprotected sex regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Have you eaten fish recently you tend to smell like what you've eaten.

ReputationRep:
    Probably just natural. Don't use any soaps or anything down there when you wash though, that can give infections.

ReputationRep:
    It could be too much sex, or an infection, or just that it's a bit sweaty down there because of the really warm weather if you are wearing tight clothes like leggings or tights. I think you can get femfresh sprays or at least wipes, if you're worried carry those with you.

ReputationRep:
    A fishy smell is a sign of an infection, make an appointment with a doctor. Not sure why someone said it was 'natural', it isn't.

I had a similar experience, you might have thrush, go see your gp and they'll do a swab test to make sure it's not anything else and the test will tell the doctor whether it's thursh or whatever and they'll prescribe thrush tablets or something similar and it should clear up within two days or so.

ReputationRep:
    wash it with cold water, hot water will just cook the smell on.

ReputationRep:
    People are still having sex with you, even with the smell?
    Maybe, it's the fellows you've been pursuing.

ReputationRep:
    go dr, your vag shouldn't smell of fish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahm sayn?)
    wash it with cold water, hot water will just cook the smell on.
    Hahahaha!

Buy a gel called Balance Activ from the supermarket/pharmacy. Sounds like BV, this will cure it, no doctor visit necessary.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.