• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Either as long as it's rare :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Sirloin. :coma:

God, a nice medium-rare sirloin steak...

I find they taste a bit better then ribeye, too. And likewise more meat.

Yeah, it'd be sirloin for me.

ReputationRep:
    Fillet>T-bone>Ribeye>Sirloin>Rump

ReputationRep:
    Ribeye, although a very good sirloin can be more enjoyable than am average ribeye.

Sirlion (Medium-rare) is my favourite, Michael's Tavern in Cyrpus had the best one ever! although in Sardinia there was a small restaurant called Ristorante Rafel outside of Alghero that could challege MT's :eek: I have to go back and taste it again before I make the final decision

ReputationRep:
    Both are spunktastic if done correctly, personally more of a sirloin man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    This^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    this.
    when i worked as a butcher and someone came to ask the best kind of steak wed offer fillet, then ribeye then sirloin then rump. as we didnt sell t-bone.

but it depends what you can afford, as the better the steak obv the more it will cost...

if i were to eat one id choose ribeye. thats my summer task... iv already tried sirloin...

ReputationRep:
    Ribeye for me...

Fillet > Rib eye > Rump > Sirloin

ReputationRep:
    Depends how you like it cooked.

A rare rib eye isnt very good as it doesnt give the fat in the middle a chance to break down.

A sirloin is nice cooked rare, however anything more than medium it starts to go dry as there is minimal fat through the steak.

ReputationRep:

The upper and middle back is the best cut :coma:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    A nice blue sirloin steak and I'm happy.

A rib-eye is a cheaper cut though, so you're likely to get more of it, I find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    This^^^
    Youre aware that a t-bone is mostly sirloin right? So how can a t-bone be better than a rib eye if a rib eye is better than a sirloin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Youre aware that a t-bone is mostly sirloin right? So how can a t-bone be better than a rib eye if a rib eye is better than a sirloin?
    Because of the bone. The bone gives the meat loads of flavour, like a kind of beef stock in the meat.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the drawbacks of being Indian- I will never be able to contribute constructively to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a stupid question, but what is "meat"? It's not muscle, and it's not fat... WHAT IS IT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    I know this is a stupid question, but what is "meat"? It's not muscle, and it's not fat... WHAT IS IT
    Lol meat is muscle, and fat.

ReputationRep:
    Rare, bleeding sirloin is how it should be done

ReputationRep:
    Ribeye medium-rare for me :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2011
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.