Steak - Ribeye or Sirloin?

Which really tastes better?
Which one tends to have more meat?
Help me decide in the battle of the Steaks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Either as long as it's rare :coma:
Reply 2
Sirloin. :coma:

God, a nice medium-rare sirloin steak...

I find they taste a bit better then ribeye, too. And likewise more meat.

Yeah, it'd be sirloin for me. :wink:
Reply 3
Fillet>T-bone>Ribeye>Sirloin>Rump
Reply 4
Ribeye, although a very good sirloin can be more enjoyable than am average ribeye.
Reply 5
Sirlion (Medium-rare) is my favourite, Michael's Tavern in Cyrpus had the best one ever! although in Sardinia there was a small restaurant called Ristorante Rafel outside of Alghero that could challege MT's :eek: I have to go back and taste it again before I make the final decision :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Both are spunktastic if done correctly, personally more of a sirloin man.
Reply 7
Original post by py0alb

This^^^
Reply 8
Original post by py0alb

this.
when i worked as a butcher and someone came to ask the best kind of steak wed offer fillet, then ribeye then sirloin then rump. as we didnt sell t-bone.

but it depends what you can afford, as the better the steak obv the more it will cost...

if i were to eat one id choose ribeye. thats my summer task... iv already tried sirloin...
Ribeye for me...

Fillet > Rib eye > Rump > Sirloin
Reply 10
Depends how you like it cooked.

A rare rib eye isnt very good as it doesnt give the fat in the middle a chance to break down.

A sirloin is nice cooked rare, however anything more than medium it starts to go dry as there is minimal fat through the steak.
Reply 11

The upper and middle back is the best cut :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
A nice blue sirloin steak and I'm happy.

A rib-eye is a cheaper cut though, so you're likely to get more of it, I find.
Reply 13
Original post by U.S Lecce
This^^^

Youre aware that a t-bone is mostly sirloin right? So how can a t-bone be better than a rib eye if a rib eye is better than a sirloin?
Reply 14
Original post by josh_v
Youre aware that a t-bone is mostly sirloin right? So how can a t-bone be better than a rib eye if a rib eye is better than a sirloin?

Because of the bone. The bone gives the meat loads of flavour, like a kind of beef stock in the meat.
This is one of the drawbacks of being Indian- I will never be able to contribute constructively to this thread.
I know this is a stupid question, but what is "meat"? It's not muscle, and it's not fat... WHAT IS IT
Reply 17
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
I know this is a stupid question, but what is "meat"? It's not muscle, and it's not fat... WHAT IS IT

Lol meat is muscle, and fat.
Rare, bleeding sirloin is how it should be done :biggrin:
Ribeye medium-rare for me :p:

Quick Reply

Latest