Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ribeye, good and rare. Can't beat it, although there's no such thing as a bad steak (Pathetic thin things like minute steak don't count, it's just beef in my opinion) if it's cooked well!

Which has more meat? Neither are on the bone, so whichever piece is heavier evidently had more meat. They both tend to be roughly similarly priced cuts from my experience (They are in the supermarket I work in, at least).

ReputationRep:
    The sirloin in Brown's Bar and Restaurant is de-lish, just melts in your mouth. I love fillet steak too but the portion size is a bit diddly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    Because of the bone. The bone gives the meat loads of flavour, like a kind of beef stock in the meat.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    I like rib eyes more than sirloins.........rare please and with a side of mashed swede and roasted vegetables.

Sirloin.... it'll do I suppose, but I'll have it medium and have some cream thickened brown gravy with that.

Oh yeah...... a good steak must be an aged one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)

The upper and middle back is the best cut :coma:
    Is that from the Lazy Cow?

I love that place <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewmeister)
    Is that from the Lazy Cow?

I love that place <3
    Nah i just found that pic on a random google image search.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    I like rib eyes more than sirloins.........rare please and with a side of mashed swede and roasted vegetables.

Sirloin.... it'll do I suppose, but I'll have it medium and have some cream thickened brown gravy with that.

Oh yeah...... a good steak must be an aged one.
    Mash with steak? Gravy with steak?

Heresy.

ReputationRep:
    For cost and taste, rib eye. It's not as firm as a sirloin but it's got more juice to it and taste more awesome :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Sirloin is such an idle choice. Done right, rump has much better flavour. Tenderloin is pointless unless you're going for the whole chateaubriand. It's just soft - doesn't mean it tastes that much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    Sirloin is such an idle choice. Done right, rump has much better flavour. Tenderloin is pointless unless you're going for the whole chateaubriand. It's just soft - doesn't mean it tastes that much better.
    Sirloin cooks better than Rump imo. In saying that I'll buy either one and eat it no problem.. I've bought all types of steak and munched it no bother.

If I had a choice, Sirloin over Rump in my local butchers.

ReputationRep:
    Rib-eye, medium rare :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I want to try a steak aswell but i dont like too much meat so out of ribeye and sirloin wich is smaller or like less meaty?

ReputationRep:
    Ribeye, sirloin is actually not a very good cut in my opinion. Overated and overpriced.

Ribeye, blue.

Fillet still mooing is god of steak though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.