Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if there is already a thread of a similar nature...

I am seeking advice for this module from those who have passed and actually understand!

I know it is more philosophical and is legal theory based than actual law and that there are a number of theorists we are studying but what is it we really need to know? Particularly for the exam, what are the main things I should be focusing on?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I have read a fair amount of Jurisprudence now but as i havent actually taken the module i wont comment- i'l leave it to people who know their beans. Big bump on hearing about it however!

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on how the course is run at your particular university.

ReputationRep:
    That being said i was under the impression the majority of Law courses are infact really quite similar... I realise Juris is so wide you could focus on different areas but i think the idea is to give a general experience/impression. The main core areas of Juris are surely worth talking a bit about? ... perhaps not, time shall tell!

ReputationRep:
    Jurisprudence is so wide, I didn't think of that, people will be learning different things.

Should I be focusing on the views of each theorist? So far, all we have looked at are the views of Hart, Austin, John Locke and so on... It is a nightmare of a subject!

It really does depend on your uni so contact your lecturer and ask him/her about how to go about structuring your revision.

For my course, we've focused on Aristotle, Grotius, Hobbes, Hart/Fuller and Finnis

ReputationRep:
    really really need help! my final assignment has asked us to analyse a case, using 3 theories. Does anyone have any tips on what would be a good case to use?? and which theories to use?? really struggling! thanks

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.