Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ml#dsq-content

"David Cameron is reconsidering the Coalition’s defence cuts in the light of the conflict in Libya, The Daily Telegraph has learnt."
    The trouble is - he does not even think...

In all seriousness, this has gotten silly now - I thought Oxbridgers were meant to be clever, let alone have simple common sense?

Thoughts?

P.S. For those of you who know - you know how I said in the "Nature deals Clegg" thread about moving to America? Well, I am currently proactively working towards it :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think we should spend more on defence in times when our soldiers are actually deployed. So yeah, perhaps he should be re-addressing military funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Well, I think we should spend more on defence in times when our soldiers are actually deployed. So yeah, perhaps he should be re-addressing military funding.
    It is quite funny how we cut funds away from there, yet still plunge ourselves into overseas wars... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ml#dsq-content

The trouble is - he does not even think...

In all seriousness, this has gotten silly now - I thought Oxbridgers were meant to be clever, let alone have simple common sense?

Thoughts?

P.S. For those of you who know - you know how I said in the "Nature deals Clegg" thread about moving to America? Well, I am currently proactively working towards it :facepalm:
    You're choosing America over several far nicer English speaking countries and countless non-English speaking ones because you're a moron and incapable of learning a foreign language, SI SENIOR?

ReputationRep:
    Over the last year just about every living former Chief of the Defence Staff, and plenty of other officers to boot, have come out and warned that cuts would harm Britain's military capabilities. Why is he only reconsidering now?
    This is the exact same approach Tony Blair took with defence, slashing the budget yet going to war left right and centre.
    Either fund the Military adequately or admit that we are no longer a Great Power and stop trying to act like one on the cheap. David Cameron should be ashamed of himself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Should not have scrapped Ark Royal.

ReputationRep:
    get all our troops home, stop wasting billions on wars abroad. Cut defense budget, give saved billions to hospitals and schools. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    It's almost as if he thought we'd be 100% safe with no defence budget. What a ****ing naive, slimy little worm he is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.