Turn on thread page Beta

Long term relationship.. missing out?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing to do is break up for the 1st term, then get back together at Christmas if you both want to.

tbh the best think to think is: will going out on the pull, shagging lots of different guys etc make me happier than I am now? and is there anyone better that I can go out with?

Casual sex seems to be massively exaggerated as pleasurable for women. The chances of cumming with a random guy you bring back to your flat is pretty low, and you'll get labeled as a **** pretty quickly if you do it lots. Sex is also far better in a relationship.

I think the whole 'get it out of your system' is BS though, if you're someone who loves being in a relationship you aren't going to want to have lots of casual sex, and if you're someone who wants lots of sexual partners/likes to flit from person to person in your early 20s, you're probably going to have that urge for the rest of your life.

Also the perception that university is the only time in your life that you can date and have casual sex is a complete misconception. When you graduate you're still 21 ffs. Then you've got 9 years of earning, having somewhere on your own to live, and lots more interesting people to meet until you're 30 and you might want to settle down.

ReputationRep:
    Curiosity... just so you can try out more guys and feel a lack of a real partner. It's the aim of the majority to get a long lasting relationship. Those who say it is weird are probably jealous. If you love him, why not stay? You'll only regret it if he isn't the love of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    I think the best thing to do is break up for the 1st term, then get back together at Christmas if you both want to.

tbh the best think to think is: will going out on the pull, shagging lots of different guys etc make me happier than I am now? and is there anyone better that I can go out with?

Casual sex seems to be massively exaggerated as pleasurable for women. The chances of cumming with a random guy you bring back to your flat is pretty low, and you'll get labeled as a **** pretty quickly if you do it lots. Sex is also far better in a relationship.

I think the whole 'get it out of your system' is BS though, if you're someone who loves being in a relationship you aren't going to want to have lots of casual sex, and if you're someone who wants lots of sexual partners/likes to flit from person to person in your early 20s, you're probably going to have that urge for the rest of your life.

Also the perception that university is the only time in your life that you can date and have casual sex is a complete misconception. When you graduate you're still 21 ffs. Then you've got 9 years of earning, having somewhere on your own to live, and lots more interesting people to meet until you're 30 and you might want to settle down.
    I agree completely with this, and it's rare I 100% agree with people on this forum. I think the most subtle but important point is this whole perception of not being able to **** around post uni. I guess uni life is a bit free-er, but you don't get how much so until you are in a full time job. If you're a sociable person who meets lost of new people, that's not going to change post uni. Well it might, but I'd be doubtful it would as a result of leaving uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.