Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which one? Imperial Msc Finance or Cass Msc Investment management watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just received 2 offers, from IC Msc finance and Cass Msc IM, right now think about which one to reply. IC asks for language result, so i have to seat for one in May, which will be a bit late since Cass asks me to reply by the end of April. I'm sure i can meet the language requirement but dont wanna miss Cass so easily. Currently I'm even thinking about shifting to Cass Msc Maths trading and finance program since I really like trading.

My question is simply compare these two: IC finance Vs Cass IM, the course structure and future career prospective, etc. I heard IC one is very rigorous, but is it practical? I also heard a lot about how bad reputation Cass has, however, find out those can hardly be true. I'd like to invite who have insight to talk about these two programs. Appreciate!

Personally, I look for a future career in finance, especially in trading and asset management. I prefer practical rather than academic. A bit of my bkgd: graduate from top 2 uni in Singapore (NTU), eee degree, working experience including application engineering, commerical banking, trading equities for couple years. As an international student, I'd like to find a job after master but the current situation likes awful, wondering my chance to find one since my previous uni and work seems unfamilar to Europeans.

Thanks for your comments in advance and have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I was graduated in 2008 in Investment Management from ICMA centre, Reading...

Investment Management is more about portfolio management and corporate finance, so you will get not much of trading, only a little bit maybe...

If you are interested in trading I would recommend you to go to ICMA centre, there is a course called MSc in International Securities, Investment and Banking . There you will get to know how to trade options, futures, stocks etc a very practical degree and well recognised by the city.. ICMA apparently had the best ranking for graduate employment last year...I read in the news...

ReputationRep:
    go and see the modules offered in their website
    Moreover, if you are really good at math, then I will suggest you to study financial engineering, it is a very difficult course but you will have a very good chance of getting a job later in the city... I believe you can do this at Imperial College as well as ICMA Centre, this uni is renowned .... so I would recommend you to go there, even doing MSc in Finance at Imperial i think is better if you decide not to go to ICMA centre, Althou I know for fact that getting into ICMA centre and surviving there is even more of a difficult task, the MSc is only 9 months there so you will have to work real hard.

I hope I have helped you to make the right decision, good luck with whatever is that you are doing ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rezmonz)
    Hi there,

I was graduated in 2008 in Investment Management from ICMA centre, Reading...

Investment Management is more about portfolio management and corporate finance, so you will get not much of trading, only a little bit maybe...

If you are interested in trading I would recommend you to go to ICMA centre, there is a course called MSc in International Securities, Investment and Banking . There you will get to know how to trade options, futures, stocks etc a very practical degree and well recognised by the city.. ICMA apparently had the best ranking for graduate employment last year...I read in the news...

I'm considering ISIB at the ICMA Centre amongst other options. I love the module of the course,it looks very interesting.
    In terms of the fees,is the tuition + living expense = £17000?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.