Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

English student studying in Scotland watch

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge or experience on this. I might be going to Dundee to study Computer Animation and I was just wondering what's different.

Apparently the only difference is that you get a different amount of money, but I'm unsure what that means for me. Does that just mean I'll get a lower tuition loan since the tuition will be lower anyway or will I not get a maintenance grant or would I maybe get a million pounds per month?

Yes, you will get less tuition loan, but the same amount of grant. The tuition fees are around £1800 instead of £3600 (if you're beginning in September), so you get £1800 to cover them. There's a section in the Student Finance application where you fill in the year's tuition fees, you can ring your Uni to find out the exact amount.

I'm going to Edinburgh (as long as I get the grades... ), and I'm in the middle of the hell that is finance applications :P
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.