Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ordered some items online on the next working day delivery. Received them and returned 3 specific items 2 days later (I have never taken their labels off). I have just been told by ASOS that one of the items cannot be refunded due to a stain on the sleeve. :confused:

I have written back to escalate the issue

The strange thing is the item has been relisted on the site with no indication of damage. How do I know it is the same one? Well it is the only size 6 that has been in circulation and since I have put it in my basket it is now "out of stock" with no indication of the stains that I apparently left on it :rolleyes:

Has anyone been in this situation?

This is my first major irritation with ASOS so I am not quite put out yet

Bleeding morons

ReputationRep:
    ASOS seem to be the only ones who treat the customer fairly, any chance there was a stain?

ReputationRep:
    Ask for item back and check if there is a stain or not, then go from there

ReputationRep:
    Tbh guys I have no idea. It came I tried it on in a size 6 (dont forget I am normally a 4) too big so just returned it sharpish

I wasnt checking for stains. It is afterall a smudge print playsuit so stains will be hard to find

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the sleeve dunked in your cup of tea whilst you were packing it? :s

ReputationRep:
    Surely they have to send it back to you now? If they can't refund it they can't just keep it. Keep emailing though, make a fuss eventually they might give in.

ReputationRep:
    Ask for an exchange, they'll be more partial to that although they are usually very fair so maybe there is a stain? In which case ask for it back to check

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if they can't refund it, they have to send it back to you That's strange, ASOS are usually quite good!

ReputationRep:
    Well thats the problem because that size 6 was the only stock left. Yet it showed as available on the site today and is now no longer there. Did they want to send it off to the next unsuspecting person?

I am usually a size 4 so unless they can magically produce one (which I know they can't) then I am going to escalate this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    Ask for an exchange, they'll be more partial to that although they are usually very fair so maybe there is a stain? In which case ask for it back to check
    Tbh one of the other items they sent me had a missing button and I just ignored that because it was a sale item and the last in my exact size. I never queried that but the fact that they sent it that way shows that the quality control seems to be slipping. So whomever would have checked the problem item before sending it out obviously didnt check it well enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    Tbh one of the other items they sent me had a missing button and I just ignored that because it was a sale item and the last in my exact size. I never queried that but the fact that they sent it that way shows that the quality control seems to be slipping. So whomever would have checked the problem item before sending it out obviously didnt check it well enough
    That's true, I got a jacket with the left sleeve sown up before :confused:
    Also waiting 2 months for a cheque for a partial refund but still it's amazing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.