Turn on thread page Beta

Lord Robert Winston shot himself in the foot watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    Yer so effectively you've got your free education havent you. Because if you go to uni and move abroad your not going to pay it back which means your education will be free. So stop whining about it, everyone wins.
    Everyone except university institutions, esp. arts/humanities departments, the government, and anyone who wants to earn enough to fund higher education in the long term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tulley11)
    Such a stupid post. The 'free education' will also mean that a student will be in a job which is lower than the UK average. What is the point of a degree to achieve that?
    Well if you earn more than that then you deserve to pay some back don't you. Are you one of these people that just doesnt want to pay for anything. Even the NHS isnt free you know.

ReputationRep:
    Well in america they have no cap on fees and more people go to uni over their then they do over here.
    In our defence they have a greater population than us so more would go anyway. But yeah, at least we have a £9,000 cap, I read somewhere that Oxford was complaining that it took £14,000-£15,000 a year for a student's education and that the new fees wouldn't cover it.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you earn more than that then you deserve to pay some back don't you. Are you one of these people that just doesnt want to pay for anything. Even the NHS isnt free you know.
    Your trying to say that people are going to benefit because they might get a job which means they don't pay any back. You can get a £15,000 a year job by not attaining a degree, so why would I bother?

Oh, and if you go abroad I'm pretty sure you still pay the money back, after all, it's a debt to our Government.

Also, please don't make judgments on my personality. I didn't mention how you seem pretty naive about how people are going to struggle about paying that huge amount of debt off. Maybe you might be a rich person?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.