I've always wondered why people are against homosexuality and bisexuality. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kittani
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Why can't people accept that it is one person loving another person just like everyone else. People see Homosexuals and bisexuals as freaks not people and I for one am offended becasue I'm a bisexual teenager. I mean, I'v heard that there have even been discussions because there is some evidence Abraham Lincoln might have been gay. When are people gonna accept others the way that they are?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As always, we as humans must mind everyone elses business except our own. If people don't tow the line and lead a normal sexual existence, they suddenly become different and are shunned by most. It is sad I agree, but that is how it goes. A lot of the time, rumours can get around about someone being gay before they do give it some serious thought and try on some spandex or whatever they do.
Vitriol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I, for one, don't have a problem with bisexual girls.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't see why anyone should have a problem with those who are straight out homosexual or simply bisexual. It really is sad if you do get a bit worried by a person walking into the same room as you just because of how they view a certain issue.
subtle_tea
Report 14 years ago
If god created homosexuals and bisexuals, than I can see no reason they shouldn't have the same rights and priveliges as everyone else. Who am I to say otherwise?

-Howard Dean
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by subtle_tea)
If god created homosexuals and bisexuals, than I can see no reason they shouldn't have the same rights and priveliges as everyone else. Who am I to say otherwise?

-Howard Dean
lmao. the word of God from a politician that must conform to the views of the 'bible belt' in America. hehe, thats good. I like it though, it has a certain essence of style to it.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've heard a lot of theories on this. The most pathetic one so far has got to be "straight men just don't like the idea of what gay men ... y'know ... do!" (always said with a degree of embarassment).

I think plenty of straight men quite like the idea of doing what gay men do! They'd just rather do it to a woman.

It's just plain old-fashioned discrimination. It's not right, it doesn't make sense, and it's scarily widespread.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aren't homosexuals and bisexuals supposed to be condemned in the Bible, which would explain why it is so widespread now?

Another example of religion being used for indoctrination, I guess.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kittani)
Why can't people accept that it is one person loving another person just like everyone else. People see Homosexuals and bisexuals as freaks not people and I for one am offended becasue I'm a bisexual teenager. I mean, I'v heard that there have even been discussions because there is some evidence Abraham Lincoln might have been gay. When are people gonna accept others the way that they are?
i say dont knock it till uve tried it, it might be better than u think
superior
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kittani)

i dont know what u r talking about ..
u have everything u want !!
u r treated equally to all people...no difference ..
i dont know what r u complaining about ..
i think u r only trying to find a bisexual freind on net or something or just trying to see if there is anyone like u havnig ur same thoughts...
u should shut up and sit down quitly .
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
havn't got a problem with any form of sexual orientation... i mean my two best friends at high scholl were gay (one was bi, but I think that was to please his parents =S ) but on a lighter note, deosn't anyone else think bisexuals are just a bit greedy?
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Aren't homosexuals and bisexuals supposed to be condemned in the Bible, which would explain why it is so widespread now?

Another example of religion being used for indoctrination, I guess.
Eating crab and lobster is also condemned in the bible, but we don't take much notice of that now! I think the wearing of clothing made out of a mixture of materials is also condemned (don't ask me why!).

People just take what they want from the bible and claim they are living by God's rules, to try to justify their pitiful hatred.
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People dont like the idea of two girs, becouse its in a way innatural, (strap ons and all that stuff), wheras two guy can do as they please without a quick trip down to the nearest ann summers

on a lighter note..... how cute are couples of gay guys ... awwwww! u jus wanna hug them

xxx
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i always thought 2 girls was more "acceptable" by all the homophobes than 2 guys.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
Eating crab and lobster is also condemned in the bible, but we don't take much notice of that now! I think the wearing of clothing made out of a mixture of materials is also condemned (don't ask me why!).

People just take what they want from the bible and claim they are living by God's rules, to try to justify their pitiful hatred.
There's probably anti-just-about-everything material in the bible somewhere for those who want to tap into it. It's full of contradictions from what I've heard. I've never read it though, and I don't really want to.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1206)
79.6%
Leave (309)
20.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise