Turn on thread page Beta

Help with completing my CSCS App. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

I am a Civil Engineer Graduate and I have applied to take my CSCS card (I have my test next week) and I have a problem with my application, section C1 is a declaration that has to be signed by my employer, but I am currently unemployed... so I called and they told me that if unemployed, anybody who work in the construction industry (I think that has to be in a Managerial role) could do it, i.e. friend, familiar, etc.

Problem is that I am from Spain and I have just got here (London) so I really don't know anybody so I do not know what to do.

Without my CSCS card I cannot get a job and without a job I almost can't get my CSCS card so... I don't like this...

I don't know if somebody would offer to do it, but I would thank that a lot.

ReputationRep:
    How about contacting the Institution of Civil Engineers (the ICE) in London? Perhaps they will be able to help you to sort out this problem. Good Luck with the test

ReputationRep:
    Their website is www.ice.org.uk

Say that you were told that they might be able to help you. Possibly you need some certificates translated too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango48)
    How about contacting the Institution of Civil Engineers (the ICE) in London? Perhaps they will be able to help you to sort out this problem. Good Luck with the test
    Today I contacted them and they said they cannot help me with that issue.

Then I tried to call to another person in the ICE, just to check, he said that they could only help me if I am a member and, right now I cannot afford that money

Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    That was helpful of them.

There is the Royal Academy of Engineering also in London. You could try them.

ReputationRep:
    Another one that gave no help at all, the man that I spoke with needed to know with who I wanted to speak, so he can pass me through perhaps he didn't understand the part where I said I know nobody and I need help

Thank you anyway Mango48 for the advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.