Turn on thread page Beta

giving up the ciggies - snacking watch

ReputationRep:
    Right due to being made redundant I've decided that next week im going to give up the cigarettes. I know that being home all day and then the stress of not having any money/bills/rent etc etc that i will end up smoking twice what i do now.

Im going to go on Champix which will handle the cravings however i know from giving up smoking before that it leads to increased metabolism which increases appetite. One thing i dont want to do is surrender potential lung cancer/heart disease etc etc to getting a (bigger) tyre round my middle.

I have already decided on gym and and swimming to keep me active and whatnot but i what i need to know is what i can snack on thats healthy.

Dont say fruit as im not a big fruit eater plus i wont have the money to buy loads of it.

Im already thinking popcorn but i want something other than that.

Advice/ideas please.

Regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Right due to being made redundant I've decided that next week im going to give up the cigarettes. I know that being home all day and then the stress of not having any money/bills/rent etc etc that i will end up smoking twice what i do now.

Im going to go on Champix which will handle the cravings however i know from giving up smoking before that it leads to increased metabolism which increases appetite. One thing i dont want to do is surrender potential lung cancer/heart disease etc etc to getting a (bigger) tyre round my middle.

I have already decided on gym and and swimming to keep me active and whatnot but i what i need to know is what i can snack on thats healthy.

Dont say fruit as im not a big fruit eater plus i wont have the money to buy loads of it.

Im already thinking popcorn but i want something other than that.

Advice/ideas please.

Regards
    im on day 46, after smoking 15/20 a day for the last 10yrs, and i've found drinking plenty of water helps alot, take each day as it comes and half the time when you think you are hungry, truth is you're only thirsty, and i'd get into fruits instead of pop corn, fruits are cheap and good for you, i know you said your skint at the momment, but if the chance comes up id also avoid any alcohol for the first few weeks..good luck

ReputationRep:
    I read this about 1 year and 3 months ago -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-...2254649&sr=1-1

And haven't smoked a single thing since! I went from 30 a day to nothing, I know it may seem a bit too good to be true but check out some of the reviews, Its probobly the best shot your gonna have at quitting.

Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.